Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35854 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 1 - The Intelligence Report
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »

. . .? How are you not missing brevity? Your posts are...err, short. To a point.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2014, 03:12:57 am »

Extend, real post later today.

13 hours later...

pisskop:
pisskop:
Could you clarify what you mean by the first sentence here?
Right, err protown.  Nulltown.
Ah, I get it now.

So, your first-post plan to instantly end RVS didn't work, so now... you're trying it again? What do you hope to accomplish?
Hopefully a wagon.  I maintain that votes are the town's single best [sometimes only] tool for getting information.  Wagons are the result of coordinated votes.  Thus, any wagon is a good wagon so long as it sparks discussion.

Alright, I can certainly see where you're coming from here. Do you consider it scummy to end a day without a serious vote having been cast? Now that a bit more talking has happened, does anyone strike you as suspicious?

Further, why not put some pressure on someone with your vote? Surely some 'pointy questions' of your own can be of use finding scum, yes? You seem to have no suspicions as of yet.

Unvote. I get a somewhat unusual feel from you, but I'm willing to assume good faith for now and chalk it up to just not being used to the meta here.

Andrew:
If you have no reason to change then why are you doing that?
pisskop

Is this a pressure vote or a lynch vote? Further, if his unvoting like this is a problem, why did you do so under similar circumstances here?

Everyone:

I know we're all busy, but please please please let's try to post. Marathon D1s are awful. I think that literally half of the players have just one content post.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:40 am »

Tiruin

PFP

@pisskop:
Do you value reaction-testing more than studying the content of people's posts in regard to your own findings/questions?
No, not necessarily.  I usually mix in my questions.  I want to see how they react, to see where there head is, get opinions on specific players.  Its an experimental thing atm, but I rather like it, even if it does get me into trouble.

What do you think of him? Why do you ask me what I think of him and/or a specific note of him being town?
I think he is likely town.  But I recognize that some are fully capable of parading around brazenly as scum.  So knowing you have experience with him I can learn about both of you with one question. 

Alien? That's not alien. It's blatant.
Blatant to me due to the matter that I've been exposed to tracing and backtracking of connections and leads in any kind of setting which requires interpersonal inspection.
Query on that matter: Why are you posting in brevity?
If by blatant you mean blunt I'd take it as something of a compliment.  I try to be open with my motives, if that is what you mean.  Actually I find that that kind of transparency  is one of my greatest assets.  As far as being brief, I have my moments where I can write whole walls.

Does this game strike you as an average game on this site?  In terms of flow and total amount of information available?  I do not feel like I have contributed less than any individual here.

Eh? 'My' game? This is our game, silly. :v I don't own Mafia (or anyone GM'ing it).
And yes. Yes I quite do expect every post to be pertinent, rather than just contain 'content'. What I'm looking for in the first post is: "Nothing much, just something to talk about".

...And I've no idea what 'that' is.
:'\  hardy harr
You seem to have taken some interest in my style, and I merely inquire if or how far I deviate from your expectations.

Bandwagon
I don't really see the point of this discussion.
I see your point that 'wagoned' is just a verb of 'bandwagon'.  I use it often enough to feel comfortable saying it.

- - -

Soldier

Alright, I can certainly see where you're coming from here. Do you consider it scummy to end a day without a serious vote having been cast? Now that a bit more talking has happened, does anyone strike you as suspicious?
Andrew's vote.  I could understand it, but you have already pointed out a discrepancy.  My issue with it is primarily over the loaded nature of the interaction.

-i.e. If I hadn't unvoted I would be stubborn and hiding something.  If I did I would be too eager to go with the flow.

Further, why not put some pressure on someone with your vote? Surely some 'pointy questions' of your own can be of use finding scum, yes? You seem to have no suspicions as of yet.
The lurkers seem to be the best bet, atm. I don't know how this site generally flows, but given the general slow start (at least I perceive it that way) of this game the lurkers are a mixture of defensive town and mafia lurking because they can.  Also note that six people extended, while only four were required.  Not scummy, but something to watch imo.
Overall, I dislike those who seem to log in to provide 'adequate answers' but present no serious content of their own.  I cannot get a feel for their personality that way.

Like Andrew

If you have no reason to change then why are you doing that?
pisskop
Because they asked about it, and I learned the hard way that a small compromise is much better than sticking to your 'guns'.  Of course nevermind that it was mafia who blasted me on that, but . . . the town followed.

Andrew
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2014, 12:13:22 pm »

Andrew

If I had not unvoted you would you react in a similar fashion?

No I wouldn't have.

The Soldier
Is this a pressure vote or a lynch vote? Further, if his unvoting like this is a problem, why did you do so under similar circumstances here?

It's a pressure vote. The day was extended to Wednesday and after re-reading the rules I don't have to worry about him being hammered. As for the question of myself unvoting someone. It's a different set of circumstances. Mainly being my vote against Tack wasn't being directly questioned nor was it likely to have gone somewhere.

Pisskop
Because they asked about it, and I learned the hard way that a small compromise is much better than sticking to your 'guns'.  Of course nevermind that it was mafia who blasted me on that, but . . . the town followed.

That's a fair answer but then you vote for me again... So are you sticking to your original guns or jumping back on the lynch Andrew bandwagon?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:18 pm »

Calmer, more focused accusations were made.  Once again, they were largely against Andrew425 and pisskop.

Tack, the ship's navigator, stayed silent throughout the discussion.

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*4maskwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Andrew425 - The Soldier, pisskop (2)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
*pisskop - Tiruin, Andrew425 (2)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, Tack, TheDarkStar

Day ends 12:00 PM PST Wednesday, April 23rd.

Tack has been prodded.  He will be replaced in 24 hours if he does not post.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »

It's day one. I don't have much to offer yet.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »

Andrew

It's a pressure vote. The day was extended to Wednesday and after re-reading the rules I don't have to worry about him being hammered. As for the question of myself unvoting someone. It's a different set of circumstances. Mainly being my vote against Tack wasn't being directly questioned nor was it likely to have gone somewhere.
Ive seen Tack's kind of play before, albiet he is more up front about it.  For people like him we should give them some time, but seriously consider them for lynch failing contribution later D1, or a good recap D2.

Stubborn, but at least in this game I can see it.
Pisskop

That's a fair answer but then you vote for me again... So are you sticking to your original guns or jumping back on the lynch Andrew bandwagon?

'Lynch Andrew bandwagon'? :|

I had intentions pending your answer.  'No, I wouldn't' Doesnt do a lot for me either.  Id hardly call it a popular move yet, either, but your response feels like you are insinuating it is.  Discrediting the wagon at L-3.

1) Why would you say it is a pressure vote?  That usually eliminates not of the pressure.
2) Do you have any potential associations worked out yet?
3) What do you think of the day's progress and flow?
4) If you had a dayvig shot right now, would you use it?  on who and why?  Does lurking play into it?

drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »

Persus13 has been prodded.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

"Hey Bro, I heard you liked day one..."
Beginning of every horrible mafia joke ever.
I don't entirely know what to say right now.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2014, 11:38:27 pm »

I had intentions pending your answer.  'No, I wouldn't' Doesnt do a lot for me either.  Id hardly call it a popular move yet, either, but your response feels like you are insinuating it is.  Discrediting the wagon at L-3.

1) Why would you say it is a pressure vote?  That usually eliminates not of the pressure.
2) Do you have any potential associations worked out yet?
3) What do you think of the day's progress and flow?
4) If you had a dayvig shot right now, would you use it?  on who and why?  Does lurking play into it?

I pay attention to people's inconsistencies in their statements. When you're asked why you're still voting for me you say you have no reason to change and then immediately do so. That to me is a good enough reason to put some pressure on you.

1. I said it because I already got what I wanted out of it. Your voting for me looks like you were waiting for the Soldier to cast the first vote so you could vote me without having to do any of the leg work.
2. It's highly unlikely but right now the only association I've worked out is you and the Soldier. I say it's unlikely because I've yet to see the two most active people be scum, then again it's been a while since I've played.
3. I really wish the other players would jump in on this argument of ours. If we could get a few more opinions thrown into the ring we'd be able to get a better picture of who the scum really are.
4. No I wouldn't. One of the best ways to find scum is to look at people's vote. If I used it I'd likely hit a town member and that would give us one less chance of piecing together this puzzle.

TheDarkStar
What do you think of day one so far? Who has been arousing your suspicions?

MyOwnWorstEnemy
What have you figured out since you've voted for an extend?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2014, 09:50:29 am »

I have time for a quick post before leaving. Probably a real post later today.

Andrew: Is pisskop scum or not? Why?

pisskop: Is Andrew scum or not? Why?

Persus, Tack: What's your opinion on the Andrew/pisskop dialog? I'll answer afterwards.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:44 am »

"Hey Bro, I heard you liked day one..."
Beginning of every horrible mafia joke ever.
I don't entirely know what to say right now.

It's day one. I don't have much to offer yet.

Then why don't you two go on the offensive? Like I will when I get out of school.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2014, 01:54:30 pm »

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*4maskwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Andrew425 - The Soldier, pisskop (2)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
*pisskop - Tiruin, Andrew425 (2)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, Tack, TheDarkStar

Day ends 12:00 PM PST Wednesday, April 23rd.  That is to say, day ends in 24 hours.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »

We need to end this tie no matter what. We don't want to waste day one and lose the info that comes from the lynch.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »

We need to end this tie no matter what. We don't want to waste day one and lose the info that comes from the lynch.

What is the alternative?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18