Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Discontinued]  (Read 19445 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Week 2]
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »

Challenge John. 1v1 Peasant v Peasant is fair.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:51 pm »

Accept challenge. Price out what it would cost to get a therapist or a sorcerer or something to give Leon a positive trait or two.

After asking around for quite some time you are somewhat surprised to find that there IS a man who is willing to do the 'operation' as he puts it. The only issue is that it'll cost you a hefty price of 40 gold pieces. Even it'll change both of Leon's personality traits. The man states he might be persuaded to only affect one at the cost of 60 gold pieces.

Accept. Train Bucky for further girth!

You head out to buy Bucky as much food as possible but you're not entirely sure how much money you're wanting to spend on this...

look for an animal training school to fight, preferably average-hard in strength range.

The Green Artisans have a Wolf that they have been wanting to test out. Unfortunately it would likely destroy your entire roster in a few moments. The wolves of Centria are well known for their deadly abilities... Still... That's the weakest animal you could find. Unless you count goblins, which some do.

Visit the tenderfoot and peruse potions.

"So... I guess I got turned down?"

"Well... You've seen my team right?"

"Yeah, a bunch of weak peasants and, from what I've heard, a squire in training. Not even a fully fledged squire."

"Exactly. Do you want those only one of them protecting you from a Hill Giant? My facilities aren't large enough to handle three gladiators."

"Hm... You make a good point. So I suppose you're here for some potions?"

"Yes, my good tenderfoot, I'm looking for your most powerful potions."

"Then look elsewhere. We've had this discussion before, I'll sell you what's legal to sell you and nothing more."

"What?"

"You think they let anyone buy anything? No, it's a long list of tiers and a bunch of things that aren't really worth explaining. Here..." The Tenderfoot spends several moments writing something down before handing it to you "This is what you can buy from me for now. I don't actually sell the last two items on the list. But if you happened to leave some money on the counter well... Who knows what might happen?"

Quote from: The List
Treebark Potion - 200gp
[abbr]Adds 15% accuracy for one battle to one gladiator. Consumable.]Striking Potion - 200[/abbr]
Weakness Poison - 200gp
Darkberry Poison - 150gp

"This is... pretty expensive..." is all you can say to the small list.

"They are... They're expensive to make because of the damned Alchemists guild. But some schools buy them by the literal boat-full so maybe the price becomes easier to deal with over time? I don't know. I'm just a tenderfoot."

"Well... I'll take this with me and consider it."

If there is time for training, spend enough to boost Ugly to the next level (3xp shouldn't be hard to come by).

You spend 2 gold training Ugly Jerry but no matter what he doesn't seem to get any better after that... Which is odd... It doesn't make logical sense but... You figure he just needs to take part in a battle to unlock his inner potential... Maybe?

(what are the levels of difficulty? have you a roster of low level schools with 2-3 gladiators, besides the player schools?) If there is time for training, spend enough to boost Ugly to the next level (3xp shouldn't be hard to come by).

I do not, currently, have a roster of low level schools but I do have all the gladiator types sorted by fame-level as well as by health, damage, and armor. So I just select them randomly, adjust the challenge accordingly, randomly generate a name and off you go. You can pick Very Easy, Easy, Moderate, Difficult, Very Difficult, and Impossible. Only Impossible should require explanation. You CAN win an impossible fight, but you're gonna have a tough time and likely lose.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

As much as possible.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:18 pm »

As much as possible.

This was... quite disturbing. Forty four gold pieces was a small fortune for most people so the grocer was more than willing to give you all the food you, Bucky, The grocer, his wife, his four sons, and his eldest daughter could carry in two large baskets each. A feast, all for Bucky.

He looked at you for a moment, up until you finally said "It's all for you." then the contemplative Imp had done something odd... He began to 'eat'... You didn't quite understand it. Some of the food went into Bucky's mouth but he also frolicked and rolled and hopped upon and simply licked the food in a wild ecstacy filled frenzy of gluttony. Meat, cheese, fruit, dirt, bones, blood, and even hair was devoured ceaselessly. But then it started... Bucky began to grow larger.... and larger... and larger... faster than you had ever dared hope.

But still, you felt a deep revulsion in yourself at the sight... Eventually though the unthinkable happened... The food ran out. At least, the extra food. Bucky scampered quickly around devouring anything he laid his hands upon. Mice, rats, dust, spiders, insects... Everything whetted his apetite and he had no control. Eventually his girth began to slow its growth.... and so did Bucky's movement.

He now sat still in the middle of the larder, a large chunk of cheese in his hand.

"B-Bucky?" Did you kill your only gladiator?

"Fight."

"W... What?"

"I hunger."

"Have some more cheese! Grow fat!" You said happily.

"Fight."

"Oh..." Now you got it. Bucky had only one hunger left... The hunger for combat.

*Munch*

And maybe some more rats...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »

Best. Training. Montage. Ever.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2014, 10:46:44 pm »

That was awesome.

Take the 40 operation. Cross fingers and hope it doesn't derpify him any further.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:49:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:26 pm »

Now that I think of it, it would be awesome if gladiators could level up mid-battle. I mean, this is basically pokemon already. Plus, an imp suddenly growing and utterly crushing a competitor mid battle is a hilarious mental image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2014, 10:55:47 pm »

We can't violate conservation of mass here.  That would be unrealistic.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:04 pm »

Exactly, we take our orcs, giants, dragons, undead, and Imps seriously thank you very much.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »

Exactly, we take our orcs, giants, dragons, undead, and Imps seriously thank you very much.
Heh.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »

But it isn't violating it as Bucky is already massively dense.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2014, 11:01:56 pm »

But it isn't violating it as Bucky is already massively dense.
He meant if that transformation had happened mid-battle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2014, 11:11:46 pm »

Take the 40 operation. Cross fingers and hope it doesn't derpify him any further.

The kindly old psion seems to be very nervous as they approach you "Well the operation worked... He is much more obedient."

"Excellent, come on Leon, let's go train!" You say happily.

"Um... There was a slight... Miscalculation."

You narrow your eyes at that. "What do you mean?"

"Well... He's more lively now! He... really liked drinking... and whores apparently."

"Damn it... So he's off whoring?"

"Um... Yes?"

"What do you mean?"

"He could also be fishing..."

"Why would he do that?"

"He says it reminds him of home... I think he believes himself to be from the coast... He just shrugs off water like it's nothing."

"Well... That's useful at least I guess. Thanks for your help. I'm off to find my gladiator. Hopefully I won't have to bring him back."

"Alright, thank you for your patronage."

"No, thank you."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2014, 11:57:32 pm »

Woot! Success!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2014, 08:14:47 am »

Challenge John. 1v1 Peasant v Peasant is fair.
I accept!

Heal John and train him to the max.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22