Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53

Author Topic: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis  (Read 152138 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis
« Reply #390 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The third one along seems reminiscent of mutons, to me. Certainly the arms do. Then again, it might just be me.

I'd advise looking at the Civgames youtube channel if you want to watch videos. They upload their livestreams there.
My favorite is the astronaut with an assault rifle, that's a great idea!.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis
« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2014, 02:34:51 am »

My favorite is the astronaut with an assault rifle, that's a great idea!.
It would make sense that the only way NASA could ever get more funding would be to put guns on their astronauts and ask for a slice of the defence budget.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2014, 03:31:21 am »

We should petition Russia to launch one of their Soviet era machine gun satellites.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2014, 05:17:17 am »

We should petition Russia to launch one of their Soviet era machine gunLASER satellites.

FTFY
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2014, 06:33:36 am »

As surprising as it is for me, I dig Purity the most of all the factions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2014, 11:09:14 am »

We should petition Russia to launch one of their Soviet era machine gunLASER satellites.
FTFY
The Soviet Union, did not, as far as I know, ever build Laser Sattelites. They did build Laser missiles however.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2014, 11:16:01 am »

They built one laser satellite and it crashed because it somehow got turned around in orbit, so instead of increasing its orbit they sent it barreling towards the ground when they fired the thursters.

We had a laser satellite, but it was not meant to be ;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2014, 02:37:13 pm »

As surprising as it is for me, I dig Purity the most of all the factions.
I SALUTE YOU WITH MY OPPOSABLE THUMBS AND NON-ROBOTIC LIMBS! JOIN THE CAUSE, SPREAD THE WORD! SKYFORTRESSES OVER SLUG PEOPLE AND TOASTERS!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »

Honesly, I don't know which to choose. The primary differences all seem to be related to the miltary aspect.

We don't howver know what their unique techs are. That'll probably help.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:58:52 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »

It annoys me that there's no faction with ties to the United Kingdom.

It annoys me that there's no faction having to do with Germany.

I'm really hoping for a DLC "North European Federation" or something, consisting of Germany and Scandinavia. UK can come too I guess, if they play nice.

Until such a thing exists, I'm gonna refrain from buying.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 13, 2014, 11:46:26 pm »

Well, I did not see that coming.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 14, 2014, 12:08:54 am »

oh, hey Another Game That Will Urge Me to Drop Out of Life Forever
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 14, 2014, 12:09:45 am »

I'm just not eager to play any of the factions offered.

Besides, the history of Civ V has made me apprehensive about being an early buyer. Civ V was a disaster at launch (in my opinion, it's still inferior to Civ IV, but that's another debate for another day), so I'd rather wait til they iron out the bugs, of which I'm sure there'll be plenty.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2014, 04:47:51 am »

I'm really hoping for a DLC "North European Federation" or something, consisting of Germany and Scandinavia. UK can come too I guess, if they play nice.
Factions CIVBE is missing:
  • Space nippons, bonus to engineers and gain culture from military.
  • Space krauts, bonus to production, diplomacy and infrastructure, penalty to military.
  • Space britbongs, acquiring fish and chips causes instant victory (bonus to covert operations and artists).
  • Space poles, into space (bonus to space).
  • Space ruskies, bonus to science, agriculture, military, penalty to infrastructure and health.
  • Space central africa, bonus to food production.
  • Space south africa, bonus to mineral resource exploitation, penalty to food production.
  • Space north africa, bonus to trade from trade routes, bonus to infrastructure production times, penalty to food growth.
  • Space saudis, bonus economy as fuck, bonus military, penalty to health.
  • Space romans of the meditteranean, bonus to diplomacy, production, trade, penalty to economy and virtues cost more.
  • Space indochina, superbonus to trade, penalty to health.
  • Space korea, bonus to military support from best korean conscripts & bonus to science from south korean researchers.
  • Space argentina, production gives bonus to food production, penalty to taking Falklands.
  • Space netherlands, sea bases and sea farming and sea mining and sea boats everywhere.
  • Space israel, bonus to colonization, energy and engineers/aristocrats appear more often.
  • Space switzerland, bonus to military, economy and neutrality (declaring war on space switzerland is frustrating).
  • Space scandinavia, bonus to shore power, bonus to diplomacy, mineral extraction and health.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53