Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Spring, 1285  (Read 14357 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Summer, 1284 - Game Start
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2014, 07:29:52 pm »

I would find it really interesting to play a gay guy in 1284 but im fine either way. 
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2014, 08:14:05 pm »

You can't decide to be Gay, it's not a choice, it's an Attribute. Although some Attributes can be obtained, many just happen. If you're Smart, it's not because you trained to become smart, you just are.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »

Thank you for clearing that up TCM.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

Thank you for clearing that up TCM.

No problem, I'll try getting on the next turn soon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

Join the hunt!
The hunt is in the forest, which we don't much like...

Also save up for a new axe.
I get the impression we get paid in food provisions.
Figure out how people make money here. Try to get the necessary contacts yourself.
(My guess is: people skim their wood production and sell the surplus)

+1
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:11:45 pm by Prophet »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »

Um.... Bump  :-\

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2014, 05:02:53 am »

Not to criticize (again, I can't pull these off at all) but for a text based SG this thing is really slow moving.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »

I don't blame you its is kinda slow moving i really hope it doesn't die though its a really interesting concept.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2014, 02:11:45 pm »

Sorry, I hadnt realized the urgency required for these type of SG's, I'll try to update about once a day then.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2014, 02:17:33 pm »

You don't need to push your self just don't forget about it to much or people lose interest not everybody is like me and pretty much has all day to be a nerd on a computer.  :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »

Woo! Nerdness!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2014, 02:29:23 pm »

Besides the lateness of the next update your do a really good job at this TCM.  ;D

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Prologue
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2014, 11:17:03 pm »

-Fall, 1284-
-Fiefdom of Lord Havels, The County of Reinton, The Duchy of Akor, Kingdom of of Rothential-

As nature turns from a vibrant green to a palette of softer browns and greens, you decide to take up the Ackers Brothers proposition to go on the annual fall hunt. Before setting off, you check their claims with Habel. You find him resting outside of his home after a long day's work. "Yes, the hunt is a long-time tradition. I used to do it myself, when I was a younger man." You notice a woman tending to a pot inside Habel's home; she shows signs of age and fat, but her muscles still remain present, visible in her arms as she cooks as stew. "Ah yes, that's my wife Grendal. We've been together for over 20 years now, how things fly..."

You gather round with a dozen or so other young men at the edge of the forest, some armed with broadaxes, others with crude spears. You briefly ask what your role will be, as you have nothing but a hand-axe for a hunting weapon. "After the beast is wounded, you will serve to make the finishing blow." Great, you're tasked with actually killing the animal of the hunt. What is the animal anyways? "It is the great boar, shaped like a pig, but it has the rage and horns of an oxen. Beware it's power."

The group of hunters marches through the woods, you plod on through the mass of leaves and dead flora on the forest floor, listening carefully to any telltale signs of the boar. Eventually, the lot of you come across a single boar grunting along the ground as it feasts on some mushrooms. One of the men, throws his spear at it, only managing to get his weapon lodged in a nearby tree. The boar roars, facing the party. The hunters charge it en masse, hoping to take it down with brute force. The beast tries to run, when one of its hinds leg is slashed apart by a broadaxe. Taking the opportunity, you charge the animal, and hit in directly on the back of its neck with your axe, causing it to slump over and die immediately. The men cheer as the beast has been slain, and you are celebrated as having performed the finishing blow. As a reward, you get to keep the entire head for yourself.

[Traits Gained:
Hunter - You are known to hunt animals in the wilderness, an illegal but also practical and respectable title.]

With the boar's head, you are able to have a bit of a feast for the next few weeks, though you continue working for normal food, as not to raise the suspicion of the supply caravans. During this time, you think about keeping excess wood to sell off in order to achieve funds, but you make just enough to trade for food and supplies with the caravan. In addition, the only place you know where to sell excess wood would be the annual Spring Trades Faire, which is a great hassle to get through, requiring one to trek through the half-arsed roads to the inner-village before the Faire was concluded.

One night, as you come home, you step through a pile of leaves and other natural debris when you feel something heavy and warm. Clearing the area, you find it to be a man, and not just any peasant, but Father Julius, preacher of the community's Holy Chapel. Besides him you notice a flask filled with blood-red liquid, the Blood of Christ, otherwise known as wine. You help the man to his feet, as he blubbers unintelligibly. After making sure he can walk back home, you wonder how many people know of the Father in this state.

[Trait Identified - Father Julius:
Drunkard - This character is quite attached to their drink, and will consume alcohol frequently, possibly to a dependent level.]

After working in the fields with Havel, you grow closer with him, and learn that while he is more comfortable in the woods than yourself, his past experiences, particularly with vicious wild beasts, has made him skeptical of what lies beyond the trees as well.
[Trait Identified - Habel Ashweil
Skeptical of the Forest - This character doesn't trust the deeds of Mother Nature, and doesn't like to venture deep into the forest.]
You both head home tired after work, where you notice that some of Havel's children are working out in the yard. Havel, having lived here for many decades, has managed to obtain a few goats, a sign of relative prosperity and stability in Woodcutting life. There is one freckled teenage girl feeding the goats, her orange hair tied up beneath her simple cap. You spend a few moments staring at her when she suddenly looks up, causing you to dart away back to your home. What was that about?

One day, the air turns quite chilly and crisp, the leaves having long since parted from the trees. In a break between sessions of wood-cutting, you see a few flakes fall from the clouds above. Havel bellows in his signature deep voice, "We must prepare, for Winter is coming."

Spoiler: Oslaf Hruomcarl (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Fall, 1284 - Game Start
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »

Start saving and stockpiling food

Is it possible to hunt again? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Fall, 1284 - Game Start
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2014, 11:27:27 pm »

We are going to need to work harder to stock up on firewood. Havel's daughter is a nice choose but we are still pretty young and i think we should wait before we choose someone to marry. I don't know how the caravans work do you get more food if you bring in more timber if you do then that's another reason to work harder if not well that hunter trait might come in useful.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9