Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 304644 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 2: High Stakes Hangman
« Reply #975 on: April 28, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »

((...Am I the only one here who would be far too squicked out to bet my character's "fun bits"? :-X))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 28, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »

((...Am I the only one here who would be far too squicked out to bet my character's "fun bits"? :-X))
((No.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 28, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »

Fun bits. Not highly valued by this system, appropriately :P

And now they've both been removed from the gene pool. Fantastic!
((I feel like the fun bits actually had a negative value. Also, I'm guessing we both lose if our scores are tied at the end, right?))

(( I don't think it's negative, but I think internal organs are in general more highly valued than any external part (with the possible exception of the appendix or spleen)
My reasoning is that the basic value of the parts is determined by two factors: how important they are to function and how important they are to survival. In this framework, the 'fun bits' have essentially zero value, since losing them won't hinder the ability of the contestant to compete, and won't put the contestant at risk of dying. I assume they have *some* value, just because the audience wants to see them cut off :P (Though of course, if the objective was to ensure they'd get cut-off, then they'd be worth -infinity points, ensuring that if you bet them, you'd lose them)

This also means that limbs are probably worth less than internal organs, because loss of (most) internal organs essentially puts you on a clock to your demise. You bid 3 internal organs, 1 of which was redundant. He bid 1 redundant organ, 1 limb, and 1 useless bit. I think you were the clear winner here, even if the useless bit wasn't worth negative points :P ))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 28, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)

Bid sent

((At this rate, we might be lucky to have a body, much less a brain left))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #979 on: April 28, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »

((I think a good strategy for this game is to bet nothing. Because of the troll value of having the other win with no points rewarded. Of course, there's always the chance that the audience will lynch you for failure to provide entertainment if you do that. But to offset that, you can suddenly bet your entire body in round 5.))

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 28, 2014, 10:23:16 pm »

Wouldn't it be illegal to bet nothing? And betting your whole body could just get the both of you killed, although with one of you having less body parts than the other, maybe the one with more would win? I don't know.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #981 on: April 28, 2014, 11:06:19 pm »

But sunbros don't take ears! Only Dorkmoon blades take ears! INCORRECT! DIDN'T READ THE LORE!
Oh my you're right oh god I'm so so sorry I haven't finished that let's play yet and oh god I'm so so sorry and WE DON'T GIVE A FUUUCK

(Sorry for the wanton cussing, but I so rarely get to use that one.)

(Paris, could you please update the token count as I indicated earlier? Thanks)
Collect those dd, then start adding body parts to the pile. Give 1 dd to harry, pancaek and yoink for their help.

Once everybody has taken their souvenir, add the corpse to the pile. Kick/slam with broken bottle that goast dude if he tries anything again, if not leave him be.

Oh, and upload the group picture to whatever social media there is here. Add appropriate hashtags.

"Good show lads, good show! Now, anyone care to help me put this thing in the pit? Oh, and you're all welcome to join us where we sit, the more the merrier.
Once everybody has taken their souvenir, add the corpse to the pile. Kick/slam with broken bittle that goast dude if he tries anything again, if not leave him be.

"Good show lads, good show! Now, anyone care to help me put this thing in the pit? Oh, and you're all welcome to join us where we sit, the more the merrier.

Help out! Both with the lifting and throwing and with the hearty "HEAVE! HO!" that such an endeavor obviously requires.

The Audience hurls a corpse down into the arena. It lands with a rather distressing crunching noise.

OH my, it appears the Audience has just added a healthy bonus to the pile! How nice of them! I'm sure our winner will be very appreciative. Assuming they survive.

Mason bids his middle finger on his unshackled hand.

Allen bids his Liver + one lung + small and large intestines

ALLEN WINS!

Mason loss his middle finger on his right hand.

Allen 4, mason 2. On to the 7th round.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 28, 2014, 11:48:22 pm »

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)

Bid sent

((Son of a...))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 29, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »

"I'll pass."
"Sure, do what ya want buddy. Say, I don't think I caught your name though. I'm Ernie, by the way.
"My name is mine alone."
"...Eh, why not. Some call me...Tim."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #984 on: April 29, 2014, 06:10:11 pm »

"I'll pass."
"Sure, do what ya want buddy. Say, I don't think I caught your name though. I'm Ernie, by the way.
"My name is mine alone."
"...Eh, why not. Some call me...Tim."
((Welcome to the games Mr. Mine Alone.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #985 on: April 29, 2014, 07:12:46 pm »

Today has been quite a slow day. Basically no posts.

Clearly I need to start murdering contestants until we have more viewers.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 29, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »

((They should throw more people into the point pile.Or we could always call the challenge a draw and split the points, then do eliminations and get the new contestants in. After all, we have no fun bits now. Without testosterone, Mason and Allen could become killers who take out their impotence on the other contestants. Or this next round could default to all or nothing.))

Bid sent.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 29, 2014, 07:39:08 pm »

Throw some Magic Fun White Forked Leaves into the pile, and any syringes (first emptied of contents into my bloodstream) onto the pile.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:28 pm »

((They should throw more people into the point pile.Or we could always call the challenge a draw and split the points, then do eliminations and get the new contestants in. After all, we have no fun bits now. Without testosterone, Mason and Allen could become killers who take out their impotence on the other contestants. Or this next round could default to all or nothing.))

Bid sent.

Orrrrr you'll both die a terrible death very shortly because you have no limbs and are missing internal organs

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 29, 2014, 08:26:06 pm »

Today has been quite a slow day. Basically no posts.

Clearly I need to start murdering contestants until we have more viewers.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
assist this action with bludgeoning via severed arm.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 153