Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 736

Author Topic: Monster Girls IC Thread: Chimeras  (Read 221335 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Girls IC Thread: Succubi and angels and yuki-onna and oh my
« Reply #9360 on: July 02, 2014, 07:20:50 pm »

((Well, Supress absorbs any magic the attack has and uses it to replenish her mana, then the barrier just does the rest by preventing the physical damage. I don't know either~))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: July 02, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »

((Well I think it would be a little unfair if it was an auto-absorb, for one thing...after all, what if it's too fast for her to target it or whatever. As it is, I'm just worried about her becoming invincible inside that little bubble of hers.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: July 02, 2014, 07:26:34 pm »

((The supression has a resistance check on it, so it may not work. It works probably 1/5 of the time. Heh, for a funner time, Let Soarla impale you with her sword~ Also, THe shield only lasts 2 turns and the Shield has a cooldown of three turns.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: July 02, 2014, 07:27:47 pm »

((Ah, a cooldown. I knew it only lasted two turns but I didn't know whether she could keep it up or not.

Also, Spensir doesn't have any MP to drain, unfortunately; his sword is the magic user, not him))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: July 02, 2014, 07:30:53 pm »

A monitor beeps.
 "Nurse, what is it?"
 "We're getting... strange readings from the disease... as if it's... alive."
Frigid groans in pain, and a voice calls out.

"I ̸am ̡comple͠ęęe͘te.̛.."

Suddenly, a black cloud comes out of Frigid's mouth and lashes at a nurse, slamming her against the wall before completely decaying her face.

Gelid nods.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: July 02, 2014, 07:31:25 pm »

((Hmm, I suppose She would drain the sword's magic through Spensir then. I haven't really though out the rules for Soarla's attacks yet :P))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: July 02, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »

"Hmm."
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »

((I think he figured Thunder Edge was a physical attack, since lightning isn't spurting out or anything.))

((Yeah, that was pretty much my logic. *shrug* With how vague a lot of the stuff is I'm pretty much just guessing and making shit up.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: July 02, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »

((:P~))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »

((I have doubts about her managing that. There's a reason the sword chose Spensir, after all. In any case, what's done is done and we should move on.

((Also, holy shit, the disease is alive? Like, with tiny things that reproduce? That's new.:P))

Spensir grimaces. That hurt. Well then, let's try something else. She couldn't hit him easily, that much was clear. But she did have powerful protective magic. Time for a change in strategy.

The swordsman leaps to one side, away from Soarla, and runs near the wall of the arena, scratching something in the ground as he turned, letting his sword drag behind him. Once he'd gotten about a quarter of the way around the rest of the arena, he stopped and spun, the sword flashing as it scratched something else into the ground, and he was running again, sword dragging behind him. What was this about?...

Manavoid Wards Turn 1/2
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: July 02, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »

Soarla aims for where Spensir is about to step and unleases a full powered vertical Sever using 25 mana to make it faster than lightning.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:03 pm »

Manavoid Wards Turn 1/2

Spensir signals that he's about to do something big and bullshitty flashy by obviously trying to construct a magic circle around the arena.

Soarla aims for where Spensir is about to step and unleases a full powered vertical Sever using 25 mana to make it faster than lightning.

[77 vs. 76] The problem with attacking with things faster than lightning is that you still have to aim them. As such Soarla almost misses Spensir completely, but luckily manages to wing him for 1 damage!

The dude does have a really good MIND stat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: July 02, 2014, 10:33:21 pm »

((The ultimate counter to the typical counter to overly high Endurance: High That-Other-Stat. I keep thinking of it as Resistance.))

Spensir clicks his tongue as the wave manages to nick his nose, continuing to run, reaching the third of the three marking sites and again spinning before leaping forward again to dodge anything Soarla might throw. By now he's drawn at least half of it, and reaches the fourth site in what appears to be a compass configuration around the arena with a burst of speed. He keeps running around the arena, sword dragging behind him to finish off the circle.

His sword flares, lightning arcing down it and flooding into the lines he'd made, filling them as if they were oil set aflame, lighting the whole arena for a second. And then the lightning fades as quickly as it came, and Spensir steps into the circle, now marked further by the scorch marks made by the electricity.

Nothing happens.

He takes off the helmet and cracks his neck for a second, smirking, before shoving it back on and walking towards Soarla, sword over his shoulder. The blade is a curious mixture of black and silver, intricate runes apparently being scribed in it along the length of the blade.

"Hit me. Go ahead. I won't even move. Take your time to aim, too, if you want."

His voice is so very smug, so very full of pomp, that it's hard not to strangle him instead.

But then again, maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea...

Manavoid Wards 2/2: Partial Magic Suppression Zone Complete.
((I'mma leave it up to you guys to figure out exactly what that means. Drains mana from things in the area other than Mabarius for one thing, takes more mana to use spells(that does apply to Mabarius), and requires a small amount of upkeep mana from Mabarius every turn(not as much as it drains, though), is the basic stuff. Doesn't stop passive magic, though, but it can weaken it.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: July 03, 2014, 12:57:01 am »

Cheru draws two pistols. God-fucking dammit indeed.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:04 am »

The Pestilence slams another nurse and kills her before flying out the window.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 736