Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Fate / Lunar Sun  (Read 25957 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate / Lunar Sun
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2014, 05:08:58 pm »

Come on guys vote for break feast IM BEGGING!!
Fine, changing my vote to 3c. I trust you are a man that remembers his debts.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05:56 am »

Talk to Shirou about cooking? Dear gods no.
Talk to Saber about Arturia.
This won't be at all confusing!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

----------------------------------------------------------------------Talk to Father About Breakfast

My stomach rumbles.
Well that's that question settled. I'll go check on breakfast before I talk to any of the others.

When I enter the kitchen there's a faint aroma in the air.
The breakfast is simple, but complete.
I'm not entirely sure what's in it. I don't have the skill Father does with food.
Bread? Eggs? Breaded Eggs? Who knows?
But it certainly smells good.

Father hums softly to himself as he cooks.

“Hey, Father, is Breakfast almost ready?”

He looks up at me, red-orange eyes glinting.
“It'll be done when it's done, Kiri. Why don't you join Ilya by the TV?”

Aunt Ilya's fast asleep on the couch, some childrens anime blaring in front of her, all bright colors and explosions...
How does she sleep through that?

In any case, I'm not interested in what's currently on, and no doubt Aunt Ilya would jerk awake the minute my hand so much as drifts towards the remote control.
I tell Father as much.

“Well,”
He begins, dumping some rice into the pan.
“You're part of a incredibly dangerous war between magi, so maybe you could ask someone about that.”

“.......................”
He has me there.
“What about you, weren't you part of the last War?”

Father turns to look at me.
“I was, but I was thinking you might want to ask someone who's a proper magus, like your Mother, or Aunt Ilya.”

“Whuzzat 'bout me? Shirou, don't start weird topics in the morning...”
Mother emerges from her room like a ghost, flitting about purposelessly.
Father chuckles.

“I didn't start it, your son did.”

“Why- Nevermind. What's for breakfast?”

“.....................”
Father looks at her grumpily.
Mother either pretends not to notice, or has her stats severely degraded by the lack of caffeine in her system.
She moves to correct that problem, heading straight for the teapot that's been languishing on the stove for all this time.

“Teacups...”
She mutters to herself, searching through the cupboard.
“Hey, Shirou, where's my teacup?”

“Should be in the there. I just washed it last night.”
Mother starts drawing out teacups.

“Shirou's, Arturia's, Fujimura-Sensei's, Ilya's...”
She draws out a bland teacup with the typical “#1 Dad” emblazoned on it, A smaller black cup decorated with neon green lines shaped to look like circuitry, A tiger-striped cylindrical affair, and a refined royal purple teacup Aunt Ilya had evacuated from her castle when she moved in proper.

She finally draws out her own personal cup after reaching desperately into the back.
It has a wizard on it. He's throwing lightning in an amusingly stereotypical fashion.

After Mother gets her tea and begins to wake up properly, I ask her the question.
“Mother, do you have any advice for the Holy Grail War?”

“Don't get involved.”
That speed!
No search time for that response!

“That's................”

“Not possible. Yes, Kiritsugu, it's not. Not any more. So what do you need to know?”

“Um........A special move even a monkey could learn?”

“NO! Take this seriously Kiritsugu!”
Mother glares at me, but at least she's not smiling.

“Well, Saber said she fought in the last War. So did you and Father, right, so maybe you know some things about Saber that me and Arturia don't.”

Father pats the rice pot, albeit a bit timidly since it's hot.
“Saber eats two servings.”
That's not what I meant, thank you.

“Like what? Her Statistics from the last War wouldn't be of any help. Your Father doesn't have any magic circuits, so she was weakened the entire War.”
I look at her, puzzled.

“What do you mean, statistics? You mean, like...............”
L-Like her measurements?
I don't see how it's important to the Holy Grail War, but...............
If it's important to learn, it must be done.
Yes.
I must learn Sabers measurements to the best of my ability.
F-For Arturia's sake, of course.
I will shoulder this burden.
With vigor.

Mother smacks my head.
“I mean her statistics, like Strength, Endurance, Noble Phantasm, that stuff.”

I'm still not sure what you're talking about, Mother, I've never seen anything of the sort.

“Hmm? Don't tell me you haven't been able to.... I see. Arturia preformed the whole Ritual, so she's the only one who signed a contract.”
Mother spots the problem right away. I don't have any command spells, so I guess the Grail doesn't recognize me as a participant in the War.

Mother excuses herself and quickly vanishes into her room. Eventually she returns with a battered old notebook.
“Here, this will keep you on track with Arturia. Remember to check it every once in a while, so you don't get blindsided.”

I blink and open the notebook.

SERVANT SABER
???

MASTER: Arturia Emiya

>>ABILITIES<<

STATISTICS:
   STR: B
   AGL: A
   END: A
   MGE: A
   LUK:D
   MGR: A

ABILITIES:
   Riding: B
      Defines the summary riding skill of this servant. She can ride Most vehicles with above average skill, but she cannot ride those of demonic beast and holy beast rank.

Magic Resistance: A
      Cancels and Magic below A rank. In practice, no magi today are capable of harming Saber.

>>DETAILS<<

???

>>SKILLS<<

Instinct: A
      The ability to always "feel" the best course for oneself during combat. This hightened sixth sense is now close to precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to vision and hearing.

Magical Energy Burst: A
      This transfers magical energy into one's weapon and body, and by releasing the magical energy instantaneously, it increases one's ability. Simply said, it's like magical energy jet propulsion. Saber uses this magical energy for her sword techniques, guarding, and movement. Because of her great energy capacity, she can fight most Berserkers even though she is a girl of small size. A normal weapon without divine protection will not be able to endure her magical-energy fueled attack and will be destroyed in one blow.

Charisma: B
      Natural talent to command an army. It increases the ability of ones army during mass combat. Charisma is a rare talent, and B rank is enough to lead a country.

>>NOBLE PHANTASMS<<

???

I reel back in shock.
What was that?!

“The book will keep a record of everything you know. There's something for every servant in there. The way it presents it to you is different for every person though.”

“That.... That looked like a message board.”

Mother looks confused.
“What? Why? That's weird, Kiritsugu.”
Don't call me weird, Mother.

“What kind of message board? I'll bet the last bowl of rice Arturia sees it on 2chan.”
Father is capable of keeping up with Arturia to an extent, which can't be said of Mother.

“2chan? Is that the one with the pokémen on it?”
There certainly aren't any normal men on it.

Father quickly turns away, back to the food simmering on the stove.
“Anyone want breakfast, it's almost ready-”

“Shirou!”
I evacuate the premises.
Any time Mother is reminded of her technobane status a storm brews.
I think I'll just go visit Arturia and pry her away from whatever game she's into today.

“““Bye, you two. Have a good day.”””
The three adults of the house wave as we exit.
Me, Arturia, and Saber are headed towards our school.
Me and Arturia are in uniform, but Saber is in a simple blue-and-white affair.
If anyone were to ask, Saber was a family friend.
Not too far off. Saber acted in the same capacity last time, so anyone at school who was there would back us up.

The sun drifts behind a cloud as Arturia blabs on about her most recent Dungeon Crawl, or something.
“So Boomerbile and I try to take the lead and keep the boss off our wizard and cleric, but he ends up summoning a whole pile of Skeleton Champions and we have to split. Almost lost our cleric, Persona5today, but he was able to throw a Cure Light Wounds on himself and make it back to town.”
I share a look with Saber, who shrugs.

“This family has grown since the first time I saw it. The Kiritsugu of the Fourth Heaven's Feel would never have dreamed his grandchildren were... fighting Snake Men?”

Arturia nods.
“They're tough because they have loads of health and deal poison damage, which is really hard to get a resistance to.”
Arturia, you say things like people understand what you're talking about.
It's not like I'm slouching either, but I prefer strategic games to MMO grindfests.

“............!”
Something howls in the distance.

“Master, are you certain you wish for me to leave while you are at school. It is a far more dangerous place than it seems.”

“Well, the only other Master that goes there would have to be Haru-chan, for the Matous, and I don't think she's evil enough to just attack me.”
Arturia, your logic is off.

Haruhi Matou isn't evil, true, but I wouldn't trust her, even if she is a school idol.
There's something strange about her mother and the way she's never around when our parents are.

“If there is another Master at the school, it is always dangerous. You don't know anyone until you've crossed blades with them more than once.”

“................................!!!!!!!!”
Whatever is howling is much closer now.

In fact.....................
It's right behind the next house!

Crash! I------------

1) Dodge!
2) Stand my Ground!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:48:00 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »

Second option!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »

Second option!
Sure +1

The breakfast is simple, but complete.
I'm not entirely sure what's in it. I don't have the skill Father does with food.
Bread? Eggs? Breaded Eggs? Who knows?
Our character is really simple ain't he?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2014, 12:48:09 am »

Hmmm...
1) Dodge!

STATISTICS:
Interesting...

“That.... That looked like a message board.”

“What kind of message board? I'll bet the last bowl of rice Arturia sees it on 2chan.”
Could be worse, I'd probably see it 4chan'ed.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 06:59:15 am »

STATISTICS:

So Saber has the stats from Grandpa Kiri's war. Good to know, though Rin's would be more advantageous, I suppose.

Hm, lets see.

2) Stand my Ground! ... and promptly be flattened like a pancake.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATISTICS:

So Saber has the stats from Grandpa Kiri's war. Good to know, though Rin's would be more advantageous, I suppose.
I chose Kiritsugu Sr.'s stats because Rin's Saber was even more OP than the BBEG of the first two routes. Not that stats really matter, but Saber shouldn't be able to physically handle ██████████ if neither of them use NPs. Not that Saber will be able to compete with ██████████ anyway, his NP's are designed to take down people like Gilgamesh, even with his A+ Divinity.

I'm explaining it in universe as Arturia not being at the same level of raw power yet as Rin was, since Rin was older and magic is tied to time alive or something like that. Since Arturia is ~14-16, and Rin was ~18, She's four years behind where Rin was at, though Arturia has some advantage if compared against a Rin of similar age, and has a slightly longer Crest.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2014, 03:15:05 pm »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATISTICS:

I chose Kiritsugu Sr.'s stats because Rin's Saber was even more OP than the BBEG of the first two routes.
Wasn't her riding better under Kiri...?

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 07:31:41 am »

Yeah she had Riding A under Kiri Sr., but all other skills and the base parameters are the same, from a quick glance at the wiki page.

It doesn't make much difference overall, it just means she can't ride monstrous beasts, which I doubt she will have access to in this war.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:34:35 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2014, 09:46:41 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------Stand my Ground!

Frozen in place, I don't have time to dodge.
I brace for impact and hope I'll survive the charging monster.
But before the black beast hits me, someone shoves me out of the way.
Saber!

Saber takes the brunt of the charge, flopping like wet paper on the windshield of a car.
“........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
It keeps going, smashing into the wall of the building across the street like a freight train.
Obscured by a cloud of dust, there's only the crunch of impact on the cement, and the wet squelch of flesh being hit.
Then....
SHING!

The ring of a sword fills the air, and the black beast is thrown from the settling cloud of pulverized masonry.
As he skids back on his feet, a twinge of recognition hits me.
I know this man.
But before I can remember his name he's gone, in a flash.

There. The beast trades blows with Saber, a long riding spear meeting each blow of the invisible weapon in Sabers hands.
Arturia tosses in a few bolts of lightning and even a blast of fire, which go unnoticed by the beast.
Sparks fly in all directions as the spear is deflected again and again without fail.
Then it smiles.

Suddenly the wind whirls fiercely, a gale the likes of which I had never seen.
Even Saber is buffeted by the force of the wind. Arturia and I throw ourselves to the ground helplessly just to avoid being picked up by the tornado.
The black beast, unhindered by it's own Noble Phantasm, charges in to strike down his foe!
Saber watches death approach, flint in her eyes, and tightens her grip on the handle of her blade.

More wind rushes out to meet the ongoing gale.
A thousand eddies of wrathful air rip at the clothes and flesh of everyone present.
“..................!!!!!!!!!!”
The beasts roar is distorted by the wind so badly it sounds almost as if he were spinning.

A golden blade is revealed.

“T-That's....!”
Arturia gasps, the rest of the statement whipped away in the jet-stream that encircles us.
Not that I needed it.
The sword makes itself known just by seeing it.
A true Noble Phantasm, a weapon so powerful that it, a inanimate object, feels no need to hide it's own name.
Excalibur, the Sword of Promised Victory.

The king of knights meets the whirlwind head on, charging the black beast which rips solid stone apart like so much paper.
Berserker meets the charge with enthusiasm.

Again the spear flashes through the air.
Again Excalibur counters.
The sun dies as the winds whirl.
Excalibur strikes!
The spear vanishes, to be replaced by a Mongolian saber.
Which meets Excalibur and drives the strike aside.

The beasts movement becomes suddenly much more fluid, as though he had always had his sword.
Like the east and western winds they represent, Saber and Berserker launch into a deadly dance of blades, every once in a while punctuated by the strike of a spear, or the twang of a short, composite bow.
Every time Saber attacks, she is beaten back.
Every time Berserker roars, he must scramble to defend himself.

But this contest of wills is also a contest of endurance.
And there's no way that a small girl like Saber possesses the same Endurance as the hulking beast of a man that is Berserker.
Even now, sweat is starting to bead on her brow, only to be blown away in the typhoon, turning into a wet bullet that hits less like a droplet of water and more like a thrown stone.

This is bad.
Saber grows more tired with every strike, but Berserker knows no exhaustion.
He will continue to fight until he collapses with the same amount of strength he possessed at the beginning, and no signs of slowing.
Saber, however, is growing weaker by the second.

She seems to notice this.
Her face hardens into a determined grimace.
She takes a deep breath.

This blade was not meant for use in a city like this.
And she is not supposed to be seen as a Servant.
But this Servant and his master have already broken that trust.

The damage may be hard to cover up.
But if this Servant has already destroyed this section of the city..........
As well, this area seemed deserted.
There's little choice.

If she doesn't use it now, Kiritsugu, Arturia.....
They will both die to this monstrosity.
She can't let that happen.
She will not sit by and watch children die.
Certainly not the children of Shirou.
“EX-----------------------------”

“...................!!!!!!!!!!!”
Berserker roars in defiance.
Her Prana, a massive amount she hadn't felt in years, flows into her blade.
The faerie blade glows with the light of the sun as it is filed with a absolutely staggering amount of Prana.

“----------------------CALIB-UH!”
Something smashes into her side, and her Noble Phantasm fizzles, releasing it's energy back into the environment.

“REGULATOR!”
Archer's revolver cracks, the bullet slamming into Berserker and hissing like acid.
The wind immediately stops whipping around us, dying in an instant, it's power cut.

Saber blinks.
Archer stands defiant against the wailing beast.
His brown coat still ripples in the breeze that was just there.
And in his hand..............
A steel revolver.
His thumb cocks the hammer back.

“Sorry I'm late, Missus. Or would that be Milady? Milord?”
“................!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Berserker roars and charges.
And is met by a small blonde girl.
Andrea?!

She smashes into him, and beyond belief lifts him up and throws him backwards.
She turns to glance back, and I notice her pupils are pinpricks inside of pools of red velvet, and the half smile she's wearing is marred by a small fang.
A vampire?!
“Archer, finish him off.”

“Of course, Master.”
Archer's hands are a blur as he stows his Noble Phantasm in his coat and draws out a bolt-action rifle.
BANG!

A bullet smashes into Berserker midair, causing him to twist.
“Berserker, return home. No need to fight two servants and a Dead Apostle.”
The echoing voice of Berserkers Master is hard to define. It's as if he or she were speaking through a voice filter.

Berserker heeds the order however, and vanishes into a golden whirl of dust.

Archer and Andrea relax slightly.
Archer puts a hand on his back and cracks it, almost like an old man.
“Honestly. Attacking in midday? Madman.”
He turns to us, as if only now remembering our presence.
“Hey, Kid. Saber. Kid's Loser Brother.”
Excuse me?

No time to get offended.
My eyes can't decide if they want to watch the Servant who can kill at a distance or the Vampire who doesn't need to.
Andrea's irises return to their sky blue state, and she rubs them as if waking up from a nap.
“Hi.”

Arturia discreetly slips behind me and Saber, drawing out a few rods of tungsten and one of copper.
Andrea smirks.
“No need to be so skittish. If I wanted you dead right now, I could have just let Berserker kill you.”

Her voice rings with the truth, but something in my gut tells me not to trust this girl.
Maybe the fact that she just sent one of the strongest Servants I've seen flying.
Maybe the fact that a more experienced magus recognized her as a Dead Apostle, a twisted vampire which feeds on blood for survival.
Maybe just because the smile she's wearing glints in the sun, making the fangs she's still sporting painfully obvious.

Archer is silent for a moment, rubbing his chin.
Then he speaks.
“I think introductions are in order. I think I've already figured out Saber's identity, so it wouldn't be fair if she didn't know mine.”
That right.
He's a Servant, but he used a revolver and a rifle.
And those clothes look straight out of a western movie.
Heroic Spirits stopped forming after....... I think it was the sixteenth century?
Possibly slightly later.
But none so late that they would be familiar with revolvers.
Certainly no Noble Phantasm I know of is a revolver.

“Fair fights are overrated.”
Andrea doesn't approve of Archer's idea.
It's obvious she intends to win at any cost, so of course she would hide her identity even if it was a lost cause.
Even if her Servant already used his Noble Phantasm, she would still keep silent about it, just to make it harder for the other side.
Fair fights are overrated, at least in her opinion.

“Ain't never lost a fair fight in my life.”
Archer responds cooly.
He whisks off his hat and bows to Saber.
“William Bonney, better known as Billy the Kid, at your service, Ma'am.”

Saber blinks, as do Arturia and I.
Then.
“Arturia Pendragon, King of Britain.”
Arturia blinks again.
So, now we know where Father got the name.

“Pleasure to make your acquaintance, your majesty.”
Archers tongue is smooth as quicksilver.
“I'm glad we never had to fight. A Heroic Spirit with your strength in legend might well wipe the floor with me. Outlaw like myself isn't equipped to fight kings and queens.”
He speaks honestly, and though Andrea purses her lips in annoyance, Saber seems enchanted.

“You saved my life, and brought low Berserker with ease. Do not disparage yourself so easily.”

Archer blushes.
“D-Rank Charisma, meet B-Rank.”
Arturia mutters something silly.

“Well, your majesty, it was just the element of surprise. Doubt we'll fare much better'n that next time.”

“Actually.”
Andrea finally speaks.
“I was thinking. Alliances aren't unheard of. And since Archer just gave away our trump card, I think there's already a good foundation for alliance right here. At least until Berserker is defeated, since he's the largest threat right now.”

Arturia bites her lip, and Saber looks thoughtful.

“I am in favor. Archer and Saber as classes complement each other quite well. And while I am unfamiliar with his legend, Archer does not strike me as one who will betray us at the slightest provocation.”
She sets her hands on her hips and glares at Andrea.
“However, I do not know if trusting a vampire is a wise course of action. If we do form an alliance, I will have my eye on you.”

Andrea shrugs.
“It's not like there aren't other sources of nutrition in the city. Feeding on your allies is generally considered bad manners.”

Saber scowls.

Arturia turns to look at me.
“Kiritsugu. I need to hear your thoughts on the matter.”

Right. I----------------------

1) I support this alliance.

2) I can't trust them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:40:43 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2014, 07:28:40 am »

And so another challenger has appeared~

A berserker who fights with multiple weapons, a gun toting heroic spirit and his Dead Apostle Master? Interesting.

I'm conflicted. One on hand, I like Archer, on the other hand, I dislike the idea of working with the vampire. And Archer could be just as deceptive, for all I know.

Eh, I'm too exhausted to put in much consideration right now, Support [1]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:20:41 pm by kero42 »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »

Suport alliance with vampire chick... Because... raisins
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:40 am »

Meh support, now that the mystery is over we might as well.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2014, 09:21:36 am »

Meh support, now that the mystery is over we might as well.

Aw, did Cain want to figure it out by himself?

Well, you have another servant to guess at, or maybe you could wonder how exactly Regulator works?

To be fair, I did think it was some sort of bandit at first, but abandoned the idea as being too modern. Not much consolation though, since I still was unable to even come close.

Thinking about Berserker, his saber is called Mongolian,

The spear vanishes, to be replaced by a Mongolian saber.

and he was described (I think it's him anyway) by Ciel earlier on:

The First Grail is for the Wandering, Setting Sun.
   The Second Grail for the Conquering, Maddened One.
   Third is last and worst to drop,
   Spring, Blades, Silver, last to stop

So that may narrow it down to Mongolian conquerors?

Edit: The multiple weapon thing reminds me of Extra Berserker, he had a spear that could turn into a bow (and apparently other weapons when not under ME). Probably not him, just pointing it out.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:40:28 am by kero42 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11