Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are a parasite.  (Read 2741 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
You are a parasite.
« on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »

You are a parasite.

What kind of parasite do you choose to be?
Microparasite
Fungus
Insect
Fish
Worm

Are you an Ekto- or an Endoparasite?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a parasite.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

We are a Fungus, and an Endooparasite.

Reasons:
I like Fungi. :3
 Oh, and fungi dwelling inside of a host is kinda creepy, and - depending on how we reproduce or spread - not the best idea. So Ecto it is. Actually... let's go for that "kinda creepy" lane...  :P

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:33:40 pm »

Fungi, to cover the whole world in our spores, then get bored to death.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:35:58 pm »

You are a fungus. Your abilities are somewhat limited, thus you must remain safe for now. You can infect beings and clog their fatcells. You reproducing by budding to the next fat cell. After a while you can notice big bubbles in the skin, when they burst open new spores are swept to the world.

Your spores are floating in the forest. Where would be a good place to land?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:38:01 pm »

Birds!

( All those who ever played "Plague" and spin-offs know how this is going to end, right?)

Thou really. Fat-bursters? Thats.. kinda neat. In that creepy lane I mentioned, but neat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »

I vote monkeys. You never said what kind of forest, did you?

Besides, primate hosts allow us to more easily transmit to humans...which, let's face it, is our eventual goal.

((P.S. Not an endoparasitic fish? You guys...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »

I vote monkeys. You never said what kind of forest, did you?

Besides, primate hosts allow us to more easily transmit to humans...which, let's face it, is our eventual goal.

((P.S. Not an endoparasitic fish? You guys...))

I.. actually agree. What's worse, on all points. So monkeys it is.

Also true - we just might have missed the unique chance to be chest-burster-fish... Still, fat-burster also got quite a nice ring to it. Just imagine the effect on a landwhale.. :P

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »

You apply yourself to some pretty sizey monkeys. They are very thin and have long joints, they reach up to one metre in height. Living with them is relatively uncomfortable as they often scrape off the bubbles in an early stage and wash themselves in steaming lakes around the mountains. They seem fairly intelligent. You manage to infect three populations, but they keep washing and scraping themselves, and going through their fur is complicated. You can spend 1 point on three categories.

Resistance
Infection Rate
Reproduction Rate

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »

residtance, since these monkeys are washing.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:12:18 pm »

Resistance
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »

As the years pass, you grow more accustomed to the way of the tallspidermonkeys. When your infection has gone unnoticed for a certain amount of time, you grow cysts within the flesh of the infected area. Even if the bubbles are broken from that moment on, it is alot harder to succumb these kind of infections. Strong specimen manage to shake you off naturally over time, but you have carved your niche and live in relative safety now.

You managed to infect another population, by mate swapping. This population lives by a river and lives off of ants, termites and fruits, unlike the original population who were nut and fruit based, with the occassional insect thrown in.

You unlocked a new Tier, Biodiversity. Increase this and you gain abilities to infect other species. You also gain a point to spend.

Resistance I
Infection Rate
Reproduction Rate
Biodiversity

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

Infection Rate

I'd rather have something of an insurance that we are able to infect more, rather than the possibility of infecting other animals. With the reason we even got further being mate-swapping, don't get me started on the difficulty of coming "close enough" to another species.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »

Infection rate. The more infected, the better off we are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »

Infection Rate

I'd rather have something of an insurance that we are able to infect more, rather than the possibility of infecting other animals. With the reason we even got further being mate-swapping, don't get me started on the difficulty of coming "close enough" to another species.
I can get behind this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:26 pm »

Infection Rate
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: [1] 2 3