Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54698 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 1 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

Mastahcheese:
Toaster: He's a scumbiscuit, kill him.
Eh?
I want to see the scum's response.

It's in the post directly above this one.  Heck, you even quoted it.

IG:
Care to explain who that person is?
Perhaps Toaster? Would you all like him dead now?

What, you gonna bandwagon me?  Why don't you contribute?

Ottofar:
But what if I told you that claiming to pressure vote is a scumtell?

Feel free to wait until Mastahcheese responds, but I'd like to hear some elaboration on that.

Since I'm not sure if Toony wants fresh votes, I'm still good with my Tiruin vote.

PPE:

Toony:

...I'm serious here. You could just Toaster. Also, Unvote and not be subject to that rule?

Tiruin unvoted me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »

Since I'm not sure if Toony wants fresh votes, I'm still good with my Tiruin vote.
Fresh votes are fine either way. Days are pretty short anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:07 pm »

Mastahcheese:
Toaster: He's a scumbiscuit, kill him.
Eh?
I want to see the scum's response.

It's in the post directly above this one.  Heck, you even quoted it.
If you mean that literally, note that your reply is on the first post of the vanilla forum format. So...you're pointing at fresh air.
If other literally: then you're talking about Ottofar or ToonyMan.

IG:

What, you gonna bandwagon me?  Why don't you contribute?
You seem assertive. Why is it aggressive?
What about you contribute and pull your own weight? I never got an answer other than subtle aggression on your side for whatever reason and just because I inspected you doesn't mean that you explicitly are town, but narrows down the idea to either you having a Nexus-type of role or are a Godfather type of role, if scum.

Toony
Fresh votes are fine either way. Days are pretty short anyway.
So do I get a direct answer to my question or what? >_>
*reads back*
*sighs*
ToonyMan: Is it possible to vote a person and then unvote them in the same post and have that still count on the antilurk system as a 'vote'?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2014, 09:19:18 pm »

Imperial Guardsman
Yeah, go for it.
I'd suggest getting other people to comment on it first, though, or people will throw a hissy fit.

Ottofar

No idea where you'd see me from, but whatevs.
Yeah, there's use for them. It's so lazy scumbuckets will get off their asses and answer your damn questions.

I'vé been lurking.

Normally, I ask for you to elaborate, but since Toasty scum is already doing that, I'll just point out that you just admitted to lurking, which is, from what I've been able to gather, far more universally accepted to be considered "scummy".

...Sir.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »

ToonyMan: Is it possible to vote a person and then unvote them in the same post and have that still count on the antilurk system as a 'vote'?
Yes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2014, 09:56:44 pm »

Thanks!

Toaster: I assume your vote is sticking? Why?

IG: What's your say on the ideas going about today?

Shakerag: How will you differentiate newbie-play from specific tells and their play (ie scum/townplay)? What characteristic do you generally see that adheres to both?

PFP

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2014, 01:34:17 am »

PFP

Mastah: you know, the forums and stuff.

Toaster, mastah I think it's a way to activelurk. You get to safely deposit your vote in a nonthreatening manner. Also, there's no real pressure, because nobody is going to pressurehammer anybody.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2014, 06:15:51 am »

Tiruin, I reccomend you defend yourself. Unlike mine, your ability is not of use beyond death, but perhaps even then you can assist? I am keeping my DAYKILL unused until the time is right. Even if I die, I still have one last gift to the living.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:20 am »

Tiruin, I reccomend you defend yourself. Unlike mine, your ability is not of use beyond death, but perhaps even then you can assist? I am keeping my DAYKILL unused until the time is right. Even if I die, I still have one last gift to the living.
...Ok?
Err, for an idea on what's the goings-on for today, why are you pushing forward an ability like that to get anything?
Also that sounds more like a vengeful-kill than a daykill.  :-\

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:33 am »

Imperial Guardsman:
Could you, in the future, use the preview button to unfuck your quotes?  Thanks.

Imperial Guardsman:  Why am I voting you?
Because I am townclaiming too hard, and the one person I want to kill comment.
That's ... a strangely honest reply to that question.  Do you feel like you regret "townclaiming too hard" now?

Tiruin:
We're all against ONE DUDE. The hammer would be perfectly an obvious ploy for anyone, and you're...somehow playing it safe? :v
Why don't you want someone to sneak in a vote? Wouldn't it be...y'know, a good thing?
And someone who isn't scum could go off half-cocked and hammer a townie (accidentally or otherwise), which would result in an inevitable dogpile the next day.  1 hammered townie, 1+ town dead overnight, and 1 essentially guaranteed mislynch the next day.  No, I think I'll pass.
So...who do you guess this might be?
That sounds more of a happy-go-lucky characteristic than anything else?
Anyone, really.  Hence why it would be an accident.  For example, are you always carefully checking how many votes someone has on them before voting?  Can you guarantee everyone else is doing the same?

Shakerag: How will you differentiate newbie-play from specific tells and their play (ie scum/townplay)? What characteristic do you generally see that adheres to both?
I don't think I can give you an exact methodology.  I think a lot of it is just gut feeling, adjusted by how experienced I think a particular player is.  There is a fair bit of overlap between newtells and scumtells, as evidenced by any read of a BM. 

Why ask these questions? 

mastahcheese:
You planning on asking counter-questions or just sit and react?
[...]
Shakerag: You seem to be to reactive and relaxed. I don't like it.
To answer your first question, both. 

To respond to your second point, I give zero fucks about what you think of my playstyle. 

Toaster:  What do you think the odds are that IG has a daykill?

Ottofar:  What kind of question do you want me to ask you?

NQT:  What kind of question to you *not* want me to ask you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2014, 10:17:38 am »

Cheese
Notquitethere: Your arguments make no sense to me. You're going after someone who's actually offering useful information.
Tiruin claims she got an innocent inspect on Toaster and yet Toaster is the person she decides to vote for in a game where it only takes four votes to hammer.

Okami
I'vé been lurking.
Is this a deliberate strategy?

Imperial Guardsman
How can you be the King of Mafia when you can't even get quotes right? So you have a one-shot vengeance kill or what?

Tiruin
I dislike using voting and throwing it at people-even people I suspect formost because I like talking to them and communicating and getting notes on them using the ol' boldedname and words method. Lack of pressure. Lack of defensive mechanisms. Free speech. Probably lax composure.
I'm voting my 'town'Toaster because I'm parking my vote on him. :I
[snip]
*points at that thing in the OP wherein Toony will get all I: at you if you don't post everyday with a vote*
So you're saying you're a useless town player who doesn't like to lynch scum? Days only last two days in this game and hammers can strike at any time, why did you 'park' your vote on a player that you definitely didn't want to get lynched? I know we have to vote, why don't you at least try to do something useful with yours? Yeah, yeah, I hear that you don't want to make players defensive. Sure. You might as well have parked your vote on yourself.

. . .
Mhrrh..look, I've a thing with my thoughts that don't equal words. My thoughts aren't words--they're feelings or emotions, rather, and I translate it into the closest word that I can relate at the time (explaining my many word-fails before), and this one? Mistake in writing. I mean pressure, in the sense that I described above. I mean 'Not pressure' to denounce the meaning that I meant pressure in the conventional meaning of pressure.
In future please read what you've just written before pressing the 'post' button then.

Also his initial poke at me was fishy. :I
How can it possibly be fishy if you *know* that he's town?

Toaster
I've stopped voting for no reason in RVS.  If I'm voting, there's a reason I'm doing it.
So you know Tiruin is scum?

And instead lose when they don't get the current king lynched?  Considering you cannot win if you're town, I don't see any benefit to holding back.  Interesting that you disagree, though.
No, I hear what you're saying, and I still think it's smartest to claim if you have the info, but some players might want to try killing King Mafia subtly or something.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 11:01:20 am »

NQT
Okami
I'vé been lurking.

It'd be Ottofar, if you don't mind. Also you could say that, but please refer to
Ottofar

No idea where you'd see me from, but whatevs.
Yeah, there's use for them. It's so lazy scumbuckets will get off their asses and answer your damn questions.

I'vé been lurking.

Normally, I ask for you to elaborate, but since Toasty scum is already doing that, I'll just point out that you just admitted to lurking, which is, from what I've been able to gather, far more universally accepted to be considered "scummy".
PFP

Mastah: you know, the forums and stuff.

Toaster, mastah I think it's a way to activelurk. You get to safely deposit your vote in a nonthreatening manner. Also, there's no real pressure, because nobody is going to pressurehammer anybody.

Ottofar:  What kind of question do you want me to ask you?

I'd prefer one that helped you read me or everyone else read you.

Also, mastahcheese,

How is this not deflection, one of my favourite scumtells?

Also, also. Tiruin

Tiruin, same question. (is there any use for pressure votes? Why not go for lynch votes, with the option to change your mind?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2014, 11:08:29 am »

PFP

NQT
Cheese
Notquitethere: Your arguments make no sense to me. You're going after someone who's actually offering useful information.
Tiruin claims she got an innocent inspect on Toaster and yet Toaster is the person she decides to vote for in a game where it only takes four votes to hammer.
That's not much of an argument, NQT. Rather a lacking explanation for your own words.
So what if I put my vote on the person? What about the others?

Okami
I'vé been lurking.
You miss Okami No Rei as much as me, huh...

Imperial Guardsman
How can you be the King of Mafia when you can't even get quotes right? So you have a one-shot vengeance kill or what?
Concerned much? Or blatantly rolefishing.

What's the purpose of the last sentence?

Tiruin
I dislike using voting and throwing it at people-even people I suspect formost because I like talking to them and communicating and getting notes on them using the ol' boldedname and words method. Lack of pressure. Lack of defensive mechanisms. Free speech. Probably lax composure.
I'm voting my 'town'Toaster because I'm parking my vote on him. :I
[snip]
*points at that thing in the OP wherein Toony will get all I: at you if you don't post everyday with a vote*
So you're saying you're a useless town player who doesn't like to lynch scum? Days only last two days in this game and hammers can strike at any time, why did you 'park' your vote on a player that you definitely didn't want to get lynched? I know we have to vote, why don't you at least try to do something useful with yours? Yeah, yeah, I hear that you don't want to make players defensive. Sure. You might as well have parked your vote on yourself.
Why should I say what your viewpoint is? No, I'm not--how are you explicitly saying 'town' in an assertive way like that along with 'useless'?
Days last 2 days, yeah. Hammers can strike--ONLY if 3 other people vote that person. Can you understand what I'm saying before issuing a nontangental statement like what seems to be a faux-query regarding me putting my votes on people? Because it seems pretty straight forward here.
Yeah, yeah, I know, it doesn't seem useful to you because of your perception on vote patterns, but you don't seem to be analyzing what the other person is thinking, yeah? Why don't you at least (emphasis on wording back at you) try to do something useful with yours?
Also I like how you quip your passive aggression. Sure, you might as well park your vote on yourself. Like that makes sense in regard to the essence of a vote.

Also his initial poke at me was fishy. :I
How can it possibly be fishy if you *know* that he's town?
Try reading what content it has. It's basically 0 in a qualitative fashion.
I got the result of him being town, but barring any circumstances ahead, like mentioned-he could be a Nexus or Godfather-type.
How could it be possibly fishy if you don't read?

Otto
Also, mastahcheese,

How is this not deflection, one of my favourite scumtells?
Err...how is that deflection?
What do you see in mastahcheese's motive?

Also, also. Tiruin

Tiruin, same question. (is there any use for pressure votes? Why not go for lynch votes, with the option to change your mind?)
Oops, sorry. :x
There is a use: Seeing people's perception on terms, grammar and how they use such. I could say something is a pressure vote, then I could check the response (and pull it out afterwards without saying when). A vote is a vote, I could say, but given the feeling on what is a 'lynch' vote-that speaks of sure certainty rather than anything else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 11:21:16 am »

Shakerag
Imperial Guardsman:  Why am I voting you?
Because I am townclaiming too hard, and the one person I want to kill comment.
That's ... a strangely honest reply to that question.  Do you feel like you regret "townclaiming too hard" now?
...That was his firstsecond post.
How was that an honest reply when he claimed after that? Unless you see something in this that you'd like to share?
Corrected: Missed the first post until now. Statement still stands with added stuffs.
Tiruin:
We're all against ONE DUDE. The hammer would be perfectly an obvious ploy for anyone, and you're...somehow playing it safe? :v
Why don't you want someone to sneak in a vote? Wouldn't it be...y'know, a good thing?
And someone who isn't scum could go off half-cocked and hammer a townie (accidentally or otherwise), which would result in an inevitable dogpile the next day.  1 hammered townie, 1+ town dead overnight, and 1 essentially guaranteed mislynch the next day.  No, I think I'll pass.
So...who do you guess this might be?
That sounds more of a happy-go-lucky characteristic than anything else?
Anyone, really.  Hence why it would be an accident.  For example, are you always carefully checking how many votes someone has on them before voting?  Can you guarantee everyone else is doing the same?
Guarantee? No, not 100%, but I can 99% surely say that scum would always be checking how the votes go, and town to a lesser extent would miss the point regarding the matter...wherein my basis is personal experience.
And yes-I am carefully checking; what do you see in a person's sense of vote-organization as a tell?

I don't think I can give you an exact methodology.  I think a lot of it is just gut feeling, adjusted by how experienced I think a particular player is.  There is a fair bit of overlap between newtells and scumtells, as evidenced by any read of a BM.

Why ask these questions? 
I ask these questions so we can converse. It's like tea and talking with friends--no ulterior motive such as 'I want to study you' and all--that's done every second and only said for emphasis (though it is somewhat a pointy emphasis as far I've seen). We talk and check on each other is all.
Then we learn about each other.
Then we continue talking.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:57 am »

Ottofar
It'd be Ottofar, if you don't mind.
Yeah sorry, that wasn't deliberate.

Tiruin
That's not much of an argument, NQT. Rather a lacking explanation for your own words.
So what if I put my vote on the person? What about the others?
What do you mean 'what about the others'? It's a pretty big deal to put a vote on a player that you know is town. That's why I'm voting you.

So you have a one-shot vengeance kill or what?
Concerned much? Or blatantly rolefishing.

What's the purpose of the last sentence?
Concerned? I'm so laid back here, I'm horizontal. If a player makes a claim, I like to know whether they're being serious or just making stuff up. A newb-scum tactic might be to scare players off lynching him by claiming Paranoid Gun Owner or somesuch.

(Incidentally, there's a theory I'd like to test: is the first player to cry 'role-fish!' usually scum or town? If I get a bit of time I'll run some searches through some old games.)

Why should I say what your viewpoint is? No, I'm not--how are you explicitly saying 'town' in an assertive way like that along with 'useless'?
How? I press one key on the keyboard after another.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it doesn't seem useful to you because of your perception on vote patterns, but you don't seem to be analyzing what the other person is thinking, yeah? Why don't you at least (emphasis on wording back at you) try to do something useful with yours?
I can see what you say you were thinking and it doesn't seem particularly pro-town. Are you trying to claim that voting for Toaster was useful? Also, I am doing something useful with my vote: getting rid of scum.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38