Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54662 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 1 - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 11:18:36 pm »

PFP
Tiruin:  You won't be queen of the Mafia this round; sorry.
Toaster: No u.
PS: I kno who u r. Nya nya nya nya~
Also why the lack of question?

NQT
Why would you choose a useless role, Tiruin?
Why would you ask a useless question, NQT?
How do you philosophize on these ideals?

Shakerag:
Scumhunting or Massclaiming? What has a better appeal to you?

IG
Welcome to KotM! The hardest game in this subforum!

Honesty or shrewdness: What would you value more as town, or as scum?

Cheese
Tiruin
Hello!  :D
How confident are you that you'll be queen? How do you feel about the Toasty one's vote on you?
As confident as I am about being King.

And on Toaster? I figure he's just doing it because hard-bound mechanics shenanigans.
...As in, I didn't like that -must red people everyday- because it goes against my playstyle, but seeing him?
...Err, what's the best description of 'I don't feel...anything quite much either way but its ok to see him voting'?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 11:20:10 pm »

...Err, what's the best description of 'I don't feel...anything quite much either way but its ok to see him voting'?
You mean ambivalence?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:10 am »

...Sure! That.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 12:09:39 am »

Hmm...

Tiruin
Which is more powerful, a day power, or a night power? Why?
Which one would be better in the hands of a townie, as opposed to scum? Why?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 12:16:48 am »

Hmm...

Tiruin
Which is more powerful, a day power, or a night power? Why?
Which one would be better in the hands of a townie, as opposed to scum? Why?
Checkin' through the list? Day-powers for me, because they're usually Mod-time related and unsuspected compared to the majority of night powers in which it seems like a 'level-playing field' for everyone (because everyone has a power-role if and unless someone did Vanilla role)
Err, same point. Day power due to the various uses it could give for town--for scum? I reasonably suspect they'd be wanting for a passive power (or at least something that could ensure their survival instead of an active one). What I do remember along this case was Urist Imiknorris' role in the previous KotM, he read Town to me when he claimed DAYKILL because DAYKILL. I had no strong reason on why but...it just clicked, y'know?
...Though I'd also argue that on which would be 'better' is too general to speak about, but I'll just fall back on the Day is better for town because they're active-power styled. Though it could also be said that one of the Town becomes scum when the king is dead, so it is mostly a situational basis case.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 06:05:12 am »

What's your strategy for winning, Imperial Guardsman?
Use my foolproof ability to assist the town. If I muck it up, I can make it as if nothing happened, or help another. Besides that, Im just an auxillery for the town.
Imperial Guardsman
How many people do you plan to kill this game?
One.
IG
Welcome to KotM! The hardest game in this subforum!

Honesty or shrewdness: What would you value more as town, or as scum?

Hi, thank you for the welcome, Tiruin, and thank you for being my first kill on the Mafia subforum. For town, I would value protects, revives, and roleblocks. For mafia, roleblocks, doublevoting, post restricting abilities, and the like.

Tiruin, what is your plan to win in KOTM?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 06:41:52 am »

Toaster
Under what circumstances do you think someone who knew the identity of scum would not claim such?
In this set-up, they might be worried that they'd be killed that night by the new mafia king. Or do you not think so?

Unless he's changed, I can't read Ottofar at all.
Interesting.

Cheese
Not at all, I'm quite comfortable where I'm at.

What about you? How worried are you about possibly being lynched?

In fact, let's apply some pressure, shall we, Mr. NQT?
Nah I'm not worried. I'm not the mafia king today and hopefully enough of the town will have taken investigative style roles and will collectively know this (even if no one individual knows I'm innocent).

Do you think rolefishing is a scum tell in this set-up or not?

Tiruin
NQT
I note that this is not an answer to my question. Before the game began you said you'd picked a useless role. Why would you do that?

Also, do you really know Toaster's role? Is that why you're voting him?

Imp
What's your strategy for winning, Imperial Guardsman?
Use my foolproof ability to assist the town. If I muck it up, I can make it as if nothing happened, or help another. Besides that, Im just an auxillery for the town.
This is an interesting response. You do know that in order to win this game you have to win as scum, right? How is being an auxillery for the town going to help with that?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 08:06:09 am »

Tiruin
NQT
I note that this is not an answer to my question. Before the game began you said you'd picked a useless role. Why would you do that?

Also, do you really know Toaster's role? Is that why you're voting him?
OH! Now you explain what seemed like a pointless question. But it's based on pre-game banter!  ::)
You note that it is an answer to your question because it lacked context behind it. How should I know your question there was connected to what I said earlier in game?
...And what can you infer by what I said as 'useless'?

And no, I know Toaster's alignment and am just pressure voting. :v

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 08:48:19 am »

Ottofar:  Welcome back!  Haven't seen you around in a while.  What have you learned in your hiatus?

Thank you. I've learned to appreciate beauty, and strive for it. I think I've learned assertiveness and flexibility and more importantly when to be one of them. I've learned French and to write maybe-not-so-shitty poetry, but sadly it only works with my native vocabulary. I've learned not to overload myself. I've learned to know people, they don't feel so strange anymore. I've learned to hurt them, and am now working on forgiving.

Now, that's not very mafia-related, I guess. Is promising more and never delivering still your number one?

Ottofar, remember the last King Mafia? Do you foresee a lot of random stuff going on in this game?

I don't remember Leafsnail's one, but webadict's yes. I'm thinking there won't be too much mod-caused chaos here, what with Toony saying he'll strive for balance in the OP.

Ottofar
I don't recognize you.
What's your plan for this inevitable chaos?
I do recognise you. Hello.
I'll go with playing to win.

Now, mastahcheese, is there any use for pressure votes? Why not go for lynch votes, with the option to change your mind?

Tiruin, same question.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 09:26:07 am »

Tiruin
How should I know your question there was connected to what I said earlier in game?
I expected you to have a memory span that was longer than that of a goldfish.

...And what can you infer by what I said as 'useless'?
Well that's what I was trying to establish by my question. It wasn't clear whether you were just joking about sending in a useless role and I wanted to see what you had to say about that. I find understanding the motivations and play-style of your fellow players is helpful. So are you going to properly answer my question?

Uh huh, and how is pretending to know his alignment supposed to create pressure?

Ottofar
I don't remember Leafsnail's one, but webadict's yes. I'm thinking there won't be too much mod-caused chaos here, what with Toony saying he'll strive for balance in the OP.
I meant Random in a more literal sense: in the last one there were a lot of Randomisers. Do yo foresee player related chaos?

(Why am I asking this, you may wonder. I like to have an idea about what game my fellow players think they're playing.)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:27 am »

NQT:
Hey Shakerag, what's more important in King Mafia: day game or night game?
Always the day game.  Although the night game typically promises to be chaotic and eventful in KotM games.

mastahcheese:
Shakerag
Which is more powerful, a kill or a block? Why?
A kill.  It's like a permanent block with an inspect (roleflip) to boot. 

Tiruin:
Shakerag:
Scumhunting is a means to an end, massclaiming is a tool. 

P.S.  sub/superscript is annoying, and I'm voting you in the face for using it.

... or I would be, if that wouldn't put you at L-1 already. 

Imperial Guardsman:  Why am I voting you?

NQT:  If you wanted to get Tiruin to curse like a sailor, how would you go about it?

Ottofar:  Any people in particular you're planning on hurting this game?

Toaster:  Do you enjoy playing with hammers in effect?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:54 am »

Ottofar
I meant Random in a more literal sense: in the last one there were a lot of Randomisers. Do yo foresee player related chaos?

(Why am I asking this, you may wonder. I like to have an idea about what game my fellow players think they're playing.)

I kinda doubt it. I don't really see randomizer as a good pick, redirecter and bus driver are both superior.

Why do you feel you have to explain your questions?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 09:36:05 am »

Nope, the people down here have been pretty cool. And I don't know anyone well enough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:30 am »

Shakerag
Tiruin:
Shakerag:
Scumhunting is a means to an end, massclaiming is a tool. 

P.S.  sub/superscript is annoying, and I'm voting you in the face for using it.

... or I would be, if that wouldn't put you at L-1 already. 
So which has a better appeal to you? :I

P.S: Why don't you, then?

NQT
Tiruin
How should I know your question there was connected to what I said earlier in game?
I expected you to have a memory span that was longer than that of a goldfish.
I expected you to have an intellect greater than that of a goldfish.

Uh huh, and how is pretending to know his alignment supposed to create pressure?
I know his alignment because I inspected him last night--can you connect the dots when I say that, along with saying 'pressure'? It is trivial that I said pressure, and more pressing that I said 'I inspected him last night'. Reason being no hard reason other than me not wanting to fight Toaster because he's rawry and good at being scum.
Though pretending to know alignment and saying hey dude, I know your alignment, pretty much is straightforward that there is no pressure, eh? You either confirm or deny.

PPE:

Nope, the people down here have been pretty cool. And I don't know anyone well enough.
I'm pretty cool~ *_*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 10:15:04 am »

Shakerag
Always the day game.  Although the night game typically promises to be chaotic and eventful in KotM games.
I dare say it will.

NQT:  If you wanted to get Tiruin to curse like a sailor, how would you go about it?
Tiruin doesn't really swear, but if I wanted to upset her I'd just insist that she's scum because of the way she's voted or maybe how much she's posted, rather than anything she's actually said. Yeah, that kind of thing makes her mad.

Now, are you just going through the RVS motions to get the day underway or did you hope to gain some deep insight from that question?

Ottofar
Why do you feel you have to explain your questions?
I'm striving for greater clarity of expression. You're right that bus driver is especially superior to randomise, but that didn't stop a bunch of players picking randomise rolls in the last KotM.

Tiruin
I expected you to have an intellect greater than that of a goldfish.
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

I know his alignment because I inspected him last night--can you connect the dots when I say that, along with saying 'pressure'?
You didn't really inspect him last night because otherwise, why aren't you trying to get him lynched? Why do you just make up stuff? Perhaps I'm not picking up on what part of your text I should take as a joke and what part to take seriously. So tell me straight: do you know Toaster's alignment? How was your vote on him supposed to be any kind of pressure? Explain clearly and honestly please.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38