Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54642 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 1 - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 10:27:37 am »

Tiruin
I expected you to have an intellect greater than that of a goldfish.
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
Well I learn a lot from my elders, so thank you for teaching me.

I know his alignment because I inspected him last night--can you connect the dots when I say that, along with saying 'pressure'?
You didn't really inspect him last night because otherwise, why aren't you trying to get him lynched? Why do you just make up stuff? Perhaps I'm not picking up on what part of your text I should take as a joke and what part to take seriously. So tell me straight: do you know Toaster's alignment? How was your vote on him supposed to be any kind of pressure? Explain clearly and honestly please.
1. He made one post.
One.
2. Make up stuff? Point it out. Everything I say can be made up from your perspective, O' philosopher. Why do you believe certain parts and discard the rest?
3. Yeah I know Toaster's alignment. When I say pressure--I fairly mean (and I now do see your perspective on) the basis of where my vote goes; I do take you remember my memory, yes? Well you do remember that I said a note that the current ideology of voting everyday is against my playstyle, yes? And that I said pressure =/= pressure vote in my last post, yes?
Clearly and honestly: I'm parking my vote on Toaster while poking at everyone else because I inspected him last night and he came up 'town'. Discard the idea that I said it was a pressure vote.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 10:57:28 am »

Tiruin:
Shakerag
Tiruin:
Shakerag:
Scumhunting or Massclaiming? What has a better appeal to you?
Scumhunting is a means to an end, massclaiming is a tool. 

P.S.  sub/superscript is annoying, and I'm voting you in the face for using it.

... or I would be, if that wouldn't put you at L-1 already. 
So which has a better appeal to you? :I

P.S: Why don't you, then?
My wording would imply my preference.  While I can't write it out in crayon for you to better understand it, I'll try to be clearer.  Scumhunting is far more preferable to just massclaiming. 

As to why I didn't vote you, even if I think you are a terrible person and worthy of high amounts of scorn, that doesn't necessarily make you scum.  Yet.  Therefore I don't want someone to sneak in with a hammer vote until I'm more certain. 

I'm parking my vote on Toaster while poking at everyone else because I inspected him last night and he came up 'town'.
Shakerag
ಠ_ಠ
Why ... why would you be voting for someone you inspected as town again?  I must have missed that somewhere.

NQT:
Now, are you just going through the RVS motions to get the day underway or did you hope to gain some deep insight from that question?
A little of column A, a little of column B.  I never really liked the RVS phase.  However, it sometimes can produce some insights. 

Tiruin
I expected you to have an intellect greater than that of a goldfish.
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
Well I learn a lot from my elders, so thank you for teaching me.
Ladies, ladies, please.  You're both pretty, okay?  Now stop fighting in the Mafia room.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 11:07:20 am »

Toaster, do you find Tiruin's claim that she investigated you last night remotely plausible?

Tiruin
1. He made one post.
One.
Yes, but why were you voting him if you knew he was town? It doesn't add up.

2. Make up stuff? Point it out. Everything I say can be made up from your perspective, O' philosopher. Why do you believe certain parts and discard the rest?
Apologies, I thought you were joking when you said you'd inspected him. That was the only way I could make it make sense.

3. Yeah I know Toaster's alignment. When I say pressure--I fairly mean (and I now do see your perspective on) the basis of where my vote goes; I do take you remember my memory, yes? Well you do remember that I said a note that the current ideology of voting everyday is against my playstyle, yes? And that I said pressure =/= pressure vote in my last post, yes?
But you explicitly said pressure voting:
And no, I know Toaster's alignment and am just pressure voting. :v

And if you're against voting every day, why did you place a vote that you knew was ill-founded?

Clearly and honestly: I'm parking my vote on Toaster while poking at everyone else because I inspected him last night and he came up 'town'. Discard the idea that I said it was a pressure vote.
But you're not parking your vote on him now, you're voting Shakerag. Or did you forget that so soon? Why would you even want to park your vote on a town player? How does that make any kind of sense?

Please, walk me through what went through your mind when you (allegedly) decided to put a vote down on a player that you knew was town in a game set-up where quick-hammers can arise very quickly.

Shakerag
A little of column A, a little of column B.  I never really liked the RVS phase.  However, it sometimes can produce some insights.
Well, I appreciate the honesty.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 11:18:21 am »

I'm parking my vote on Toaster while poking at everyone else because I inspected him last night and he came up 'town'.
Shakerag
ಠ_ಠ
Why ... why would you be voting for someone you inspected as town again?  I must have missed that somewhere.
u_u
I must explain then.
Cheese
Tiruin
Hello!  :D
How confident are you that you'll be queen? How do you feel about the Toasty one's vote on you?
As confident as I am about being King.

And on Toaster? I figure he's just doing it because hard-bound mechanics shenanigans.
...As in, I didn't like that -must red people everyday- because it goes against my playstyle, but seeing him?
...Err, what's the best description of 'I don't feel...anything quite much either way but its ok to see him voting'?
So focus on the bolded part.

I dislike using voting and throwing it at people-even people I suspect formost because I like talking to them and communicating and getting notes on them using the ol' boldedname and words method. Lack of pressure. Lack of defensive mechanisms. Free speech. Probably lax composure.
I'm voting my 'town'Toaster because I'm parking my vote on him. :I

Also what's FSM?

Tiruin:
Shakerag
Tiruin:
Shakerag:
[...]
[...]
P.S.  sub/superscript is annoying, and I'm voting you in the face for using it.

... or I would be, if that wouldn't put you at L-1 already. 
[....]
P.S: Why don't you, then?
[...]
As to why I didn't vote you, even if I think you are a terrible person and worthy of high amounts of scorn, that doesn't necessarily make you scum.  Yet.  Therefore I don't want someone to sneak in with a hammer vote until I'm more certain. 
Orange for emphasis.
We're all against ONE DUDE. The hammer would be perfectly an obvious ploy for anyone, and you're...somehow playing it safe? :v
Why don't you want someone to sneak in a vote? Wouldn't it be...y'know, a good thing?

Toaster < I'd like to see people infer more. \o/

PPE: Blarmphl
And if you're against voting every day, why did you place a vote that you knew was ill-founded?
*points at that thing in the OP wherein Toony will get all I: at you if you don't post everyday with a vote*

But you explicitly said pressure voting
*opens mouth...closes it afterwards*
. . .
Mhrrh..look, I've a thing with my thoughts that don't equal words. My thoughts aren't words--they're feelings or emotions, rather, and I translate it into the closest word that I can relate at the time (explaining my many word-fails before), and this one? Mistake in writing. I mean pressure, in the sense that I described above. I mean 'Not pressure' to denounce the meaning that I meant pressure in the conventional meaning of pressure.

Apologies, I thought you were joking when you said you'd inspected him. That was the only way I could make it make sense.
Err, there's either me lying and making a 'gutsy' claim or me not lying. I won't go the middle path in this scenario.

Tiruin
1. He made one post.
One.
Yes, but why were you voting him if you knew he was town? It doesn't add up.
*points up*
Also, D1 stuffs. I'd also include the RVS idea into the mix but I mainly did so because 'hey, free parking.' Also his initial poke at me was fishy. :I
But that's not my point.

Please, walk me through what went through your mind when you (allegedly) decided to put a vote down on a player that you knew was town in a game set-up where quick-hammers can arise very quickly.
Aye, they can get here very quickly-but they would also shift the game to focus on the hammerers. It's not all a dog-eat-dog perspective for the crown from my PoV.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 11:26:33 am »

Mastahcheese:
Toaster
You feckless scum, Toasty one, how many days do you think you'll last before you're ruthlessly killed?

I expect to go N2, assuming scum doesn't hang prior to that.

Tiruin:
Toaster: No u.
PS: I kno who u r. Nya nya nya nya~
Also why the lack of question?
ing'?

If that's true, why are you voting me?

And I don't have to ask a question if I don't want to.

And on Toaster? I figure he's just doing it because hard-bound mechanics shenanigans.
...As in, I didn't like that -must red people everyday- because it goes against my playstyle, but seeing him?
...Err, what's the best description of 'I don't feel...anything quite much either way but its ok to see him voting'?

I've stopped voting for no reason in RVS.  If I'm voting, there's a reason I'm doing it.

I'm inferring your alignment!

Also, D1 stuffs. I'd also include the RVS idea into the mix but I mainly did so because 'hey, free parking.' Also his initial poke at me was fishy. :I
But that's not my point.

You realize this is self-contradictory, right?  First you say you're voting in deference to the voting rule, and then you're saying me voting you is fishy?  Does not compute.

NQT:
Toaster
Under what circumstances do you think someone who knew the identity of scum would not claim such?
In this set-up, they might be worried that they'd be killed that night by the new mafia king. Or do you not think so?

And instead lose when they don't get the current king lynched?  Considering you cannot win if you're town, I don't see any benefit to holding back.  Interesting that you disagree, though.

Toaster, do you find Tiruin's claim that she investigated you last night remotely plausible?

I do!  I find it plausible that she would pick cop as a role.  I also find it plausible that she would use it N0 given that she couldn't use her scumkill by rule.  If anyone tracked/watched/whatevered it, it'd make for a nice alibi.  That said, it doesn't clear her at all.

Ottofar:
Ottofar:  Welcome back!  Haven't seen you around in a while.  What have you learned in your hiatus?

Thank you. I've learned to appreciate beauty, and strive for it. I think I've learned assertiveness and flexibility and more importantly when to be one of them. I've learned French and to write maybe-not-so-shitty poetry, but sadly it only works with my native vocabulary. I've learned not to overload myself. I've learned to know people, they don't feel so strange anymore. I've learned to hurt them, and am now working on forgiving.

Now, that's not very mafia-related, I guess. Is promising more and never delivering still your number one?

Sounds like you've been busy.

Not really.  It's notable, but the meta lately has been more players have legit RL distractions going on.

Shakerag:
Toaster:  Do you enjoy playing with hammers in effect?

It's a nice change of pace.  In this game (given how small it is) it really carries more force.  I would not complain if this game was hammers only.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:15 am »

Tiruin:
Also what's FSM?
Flying Spaghetti Monster

We're all against ONE DUDE. The hammer would be perfectly an obvious ploy for anyone, and you're...somehow playing it safe? :v
Why don't you want someone to sneak in a vote? Wouldn't it be...y'know, a good thing?
And someone who isn't scum could go off half-cocked and hammer a townie (accidentally or otherwise), which would result in an inevitable dogpile the next day.  1 hammered townie, 1+ town dead overnight, and 1 essentially guaranteed mislynch the next day.  No, I think I'll pass.

*points at that thing in the OP wherein Toony will get all I: at you if you don't post everyday with a vote*
And ... you know you could just vote ... and then unvote, right?  -_-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 11:42:07 am »

I've stopped voting for no reason in RVS.  If I'm voting, there's a reason I'm doing it.
Reason, huh?
Tiruin:  You won't be queen of the Mafia this round; sorry.
Right, add that with my inspect of you?
That doesn't make sense.
And I don't have to ask a question if I don't want to.
...Ok.
:(

I'm inferring your alignment!
Infer harder. :I
But that's not my point.

You realize this is self-contradictory, right?  First you say you're voting in deference to the voting rule, and then you're saying me voting you is fishy?  Does not compute.
When i said poke-I didn't say vote. I said what I had to get from your initial poke...in which saying 'Hey Tiruin, here's my vote-no, you don't get to be Queen this round :I' is fishy because I've nothing else to say to that but 'ok? I'll try hard though! Also you aren't asking me a question [answered] and why won't I be Queen?'
...Which is what I'm saying by 'why the lack of a question', but now with my own question.

And someone who isn't scum could go off half-cocked and hammer a townie (accidentally or otherwise), which would result in an inevitable dogpile the next day.  1 hammered townie, 1+ town dead overnight, and 1 essentially guaranteed mislynch the next day.  No, I think I'll pass.
So...who do you guess this might be?
That sounds more of a happy-go-lucky characteristic than anything else?

And ... you know you could just vote ... and then unvote, right?  -_-
...No. I didn't. o_o
You can do that?
...I'm serious here. You could just Toaster. Also, Unvote and not be subject to that rule?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:  Why am I voting you?
Because I am townclaiming too hard, and the one person I want to kill comment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:  Why am I voting you?
Because I am townclaiming too hard, and the one person I want to kill comment.
But this is your only post?
Also wha?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2014, 06:27:33 pm »

Imperial Guardsman
Imperial Guardsman
How many people do you plan to kill this game?
One.
Care to explain who that person is?

notquitethere
Cheese
Not at all, I'm quite comfortable where I'm at.

What about you? How worried are you about possibly being lynched?

In fact, let's apply some pressure, shall we, Mr. NQT?
Nah I'm not worried. I'm not the mafia king today and hopefully enough of the town will have taken investigative style roles and will collectively know this (even if no one individual knows I'm innocent).

Do you think rolefishing is a scum tell in this set-up or not?
Lawls, no. It actually lets you work together and stuff.
I don't like this whole "every man for himself" crap.

Ottofar
I don't recognize you.
What's your plan for this inevitable chaos?
I do recognise you. Hello.
I'll go with playing to win.

Now, mastahcheese, is there any use for pressure votes? Why not go for lynch votes, with the option to change your mind?
No idea where you'd see me from, but whatevs.
Yeah, there's use for them. It's so lazy scumbuckets will get off their asses and answer your damn questions.
As for lynch votes, I'd say that you can't really get the scum without one.

Shakerag
mastahcheese:
Shakerag
Which is more powerful, a kill or a block? Why?
A kill.  It's like a permanent block with an inspect (roleflip) to boot. 
Well thought out answer, bro.

You planning on asking counter-questions or just sit and react?

This is how I'm looking at you people for you lazy swine that can't be bothered to ask.

Tiruin: You seem to actually be aware of what the hell is going on, but I'm still watching you.
Notquitethere: Your arguments make no sense to me. You're going after someone who's actually offering useful information.
Imperial Guardsman: he'd better make sure to use that "kill" of his effectively. Otherwise, kill him.
Toaster: He's a scumbiscuit, kill him.
Shakerag: You seem to be to reactive and relaxed. I don't like it.
Ottofar: I can't even tell one thing about you. Probably scum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2014, 06:31:23 pm »

PFP
Tiruin: You seem to actually be aware of what the hell is going on, but I'm still watching you.
\o/

Eh?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:31 pm »

Eh?
I want to see the scum's response.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

Care to explain who that person is?
Perhaps Toaster? Would you all like him dead now?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »

No idea where you'd see me from, but whatevs.
Yeah, there's use for them. It's so lazy scumbuckets will get off their asses and answer your damn questions.

I'vé been lurking.

But what if I told you that claiming to pressure vote is a scumtell?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2014, 08:13:01 pm »

Votecount (4 votes to lynch):

Tiruin: Toaster, Notquitethere (2)
Imperial Guardsman: Shakerag (1)
Toaster: Mastahcheese (1)
Mastahcheese: Ottofar (1)
Not voting: Imperial Guardsman, Tiruin (2)

Day ends in 24 hours time.

EDIT:
Vote count errors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:23:21 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38