Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297608 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2014, 07:33:13 am »

You obviously don't know that the Murder blade left characters at 1/3 death counter :P

Btw what should I put in the poll? Everyone was talking about weapons yesterday and now it's back to classes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2014, 08:37:08 am »

@Birdy: I feel the need to avoid possible confusion and point out that we aren't using 1.22, still 1.20, 1.22 is simply put up there for posterity's sake and for possible cherry picking.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:13 am »

Maybe a poll for weapon stuff.

Choices could include:

Continue to use 1.20
Switch to 1.22 (with the high rank piercings taken from 1.20 since they got clipped on accident)
Adjust 1.20
Adjust 1.22
Rebuild from scratch. That last one is a terrible idea though and would take a significant amount of time to do right.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2014, 09:00:35 am »

Poll updooted.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2014, 10:09:20 am »

Personally, I like the "adjust 1.22" option just because that rulebook has nicer formatting... Readability is important!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:41 am »

If this gets big enough "someone" will edit the handbook and make it pretty but it's more about the numbers than anything else :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:13 am »

It will never happen but it would be nice if someone drew fanart of all the FEF characters to use for the various class pictures.

#wishfulthinking :C

But anyway voting modify 1.22.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2014, 10:33:21 am »

It will never happen but it would be nice if someone drew fanart of all the FEF characters to use for the various class pictures.
ALL OF MY YES

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2014, 10:36:37 am »

ALL OF MY YES

If someone knows an artist we could commission, I would put dosh towards this.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2014, 10:48:57 am »

ALL OF MY YES
The problem there is that artists' commisions aren't free, or even cheap.
...But I think we could go around DeviantArt, look for FE fanart and be like "Hey, if I put your name on this, can we put it in our fangame handbook?" Might get something free that way.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2014, 11:42:06 am »

ALL OF MY YES
The problem there is that artists' commisions aren't free, or even cheap.
...But I think we could go around DeviantArt, look for FE fanart and be like "Hey, if I put your name on this, can we put it in our fangame handbook?" Might get something free that way.
I think that was already happening for most of the class pictures. Very little of it looks like the official art.

But like I said, if someone can find an artist with a style that'd work, I'd probably get a few characters commissioned. Probably Valor, Lesan, and Shotrin for Hero, Nomad Trooper and Priest for sure, and maybe Sheila for pirate. Not too sure about that, because even though I love her as a character, she's not exactly a typical pirate. Leo could be our designated Saint, and Ursa our Berserker, but 5 characters would be expensive...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2014, 11:58:07 am »

Not to mention there's easily forty to fifty some classes.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2014, 12:12:28 pm »

Not to mention there's easily forty to fifty some classes.

And we don't even have characters for some of the classes, even if we did collectively want to pay for getting them all arted out.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »

Some classes will obviously get more play than others as well, and some of our characters are really not typical for their class so as to be disingenuous as to what the 'average' would look like.

I doubt anyone is gonna touch Swashbuckler much, and I'd say similar for Mountain Warrior if I wasn't dead set on making one.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

So, I guess this is the place for ideas? This has nothing to do with balance and more to do with a possible FEF game I'm considering running at some point. Well... I guess it would have balance stuff since there'd be new items and such.

Basically, I briefly mentioned this in the Divine Gems thread, but I was considering making a steampunk FEF at some point. It would include things like pistols that could be used by anyone but require a turn to reload and have a minor chance of blowing up in your hand, flying contraptions instead of flying animals that can be damanged by critical hits, requiring a need for repair either in or out of battle, probably a smaller set of classes, maybe unique, maybe just limiting what classes are available, not sure yet, and also airship battles. The airships would possibly have canons that can get fired by someone and hit a RNG'd spot within a range of available spots, if someone's on that spot, instant KO and that spot is no longer useable by anyone who's not a flier.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 300