Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82314 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2014, 04:56:07 am »

I'd say now we need to set up a base of operations. A ghoul shouldn't be camping out in the open in the tent of his latest victims though, so we should ride until we find a cave, small canyon, or other concealing terrain feature nearby, make several trips to get all the corpses and other stuff we wish to keep to our new hideout, and lay low until we have our health and magic back.

I'd say keep the Rope, Saddlebag, Tinderbox, a bow, all the arrows, and one of the smaller weapons like a hatchet. We can practice our archery with the wood arrows while we wait to heal.
+1
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2014, 06:34:19 am »

I'd say now we need to set up a base of operations. A ghoul shouldn't be camping out in the open in the tent of his latest victims though, so we should ride until we find a cave, small canyon, or other concealing terrain feature nearby, make several trips to get all the corpses and other stuff we wish to keep to our new hideout, and lay low until we have our health and magic back.

I'd say keep the Rope, Saddlebag, Tinderbox, a bow, all the arrows, and one of the smaller weapons like a hatchet. We can practice our archery with the wood arrows while we wait to heal.
+1
+1

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2014, 11:55:54 am »

+1
+1
+1. Also keep an eye out for any signs of civilisation.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2014, 12:49:45 pm »

+1
+1
+1. Also keep an eye out for any signs of civilization.
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2014, 06:07:30 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Late Morning

Loosing no time, you strip the dead of their clothing and try it on. You keep the bloody jerkin, woollen pants and shin-boots – all for ease of movement, rather than the impression you would make on others. Unsurprisingly the clothes of the former hunters somewhat blend in with the landscape. While you hope that it won't come in handy, it can't be bad either. You are also finally relieved of running around naked – clothes just give that nice feeling of intelligence and civility. Though you still may lack the later, depending on who you ask.

Next you sort the arrows into the two quivers by type, and pick the more robust looking of the two bows. Tinderbox and rope also go into the saddlebag, together with a dagger and the hatchet. Seeing as you still have enough space left, you also loot a knapsack and the sword. You can always throw them away later, albeit you guess that the sword might end up in the hands of a skeleton.

You hide the corpses inside the tent, douse the fire, and even throw some dust over the bigger splatters of blood. Since the human corpses would be too heavy to take with you, the skeleton of the deer wanders back into the ribcage of the horse, and you set off.

There is nothing much of note on your journey, with the mountains slowly but surely coming closer.  By now you are quite assured that the strange formation you thought to be artificial is a city. There are visibly fields near that area, which also means that it still has some people living in it. If they are descended from the remnants of the dead metropolis, or just another tribe that moved in is your best guess, and something you hypothesise to keep your idle mind occupied.

With you entering the first outcroppings, and the mountains looming ever so closely, you ponder where you want to try your luck. By now you even see small roads connecting to the valleys within, and like to think that you are able to spot the occasional waft of smoke above the city.

The first, leftmost mountain, has only scarce vegetation. You can't seem to make out any roads or paths on it, but with its close proximity to the city, there could be the occasional visitor.

Most distinguished, the second mountain is where the river seems to spring forth. Fields, paths and houses are plainly visible on it. It is no wonder that it also bears far more green than the previous one.

Only partly unobstructed from your view, the third mountain is the one with the most bountiful vegetation. You wager that there is no way it is unsettled, especially as a road leads there from the city.

A road cuts along the fourth mountain, but else you are unable to verify if there is anyone living on it. Far from being as barren as the plains, it would surprise you if there weren't at least hunters around.

While pondering the best course of action, you suddenly feel a light tinge of magic. You look into the direction, to no avail. It is not strong enough to be a practicioner of the arcane arts, and thus you are compelled to look closer. What you carefully approach turns out to be a skeleton, with the bones gnawed upon and messily strewn about. You quickly make out a ring, the fingers it might have rested upon scattered in its nearer vicinity. Needless to say, the ring is magical, but to what effect you do not know.

Currently:
112/205 HP
52/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" Somehow, I was far more enthusiastic the last time I found something magical on the wayside... "

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:12 pm »

Use Soulspeaker to ask the deceased owner of the ring what it does.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 06:38:30 pm »

Good idea, but we need our mana to finish the skeleton so we can cast more spells to get more spellcasting xp.

Take the ring, being careful not to actually touch it. Take any parts of the skeleton we'd need to cast Soulspeaker at a later time.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:19 pm »

Edit: actually, I want another minion, we can have it poke the ring.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:48:34 pm by Kevak »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 07:08:48 pm »

We need a good base of operations before we start stockpiling minions. A human skeleton is unlikely to keep up with the horse. Just ask the owner about the ring.

As for the Mountains, we should set up shot on #1. They are close enough to each other that we can just hop over to the more populated areas when we want to hunt.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

We need a good base of operations before we start stockpiling minions. A human skeleton is unlikely to keep up with the horse. Just ask the owner about the ring.

As for the Mountains, we should set up shot on #1. They are close enough to each other that we can just hop over to the more populated areas when we want to hunt.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

The deer is tied to the horse, we are walking, the skeleton will easily keep up.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2014, 04:40:19 am »

:P - But really now. They aren't all that different. Easy going~ - If you try, that is.

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Late Morning

Since you really do not want to re-enact what happened the last time around, you decide to simply ask the deceased about the properties of the ring. Unless he has become a full-blown spectre and haunts elsewhere, his soul has been enslaved, or so much time already passed that he has lost all lingering attachments – as in, he moved on to the higher planes – the spell ought to do the trick. The later is by far the most common, but that takes time. Time that has not passed since he died out here, or so you would like to presume, but certainly hope for.

The spell goes of without a hitch, and immediately you are able to hear the whispering of the planes of the dead. You decide that it is rather on the quiet side, no wonder given the barren region around you. Calling out for the deceased, you also hear that your own voice has taken on the nature required for conversing with this plane.
-20 MP

Currently:
112/205 HP
32/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" A~nd thats what the hick said. I'd rather give him some of my mind, but let's see...  "
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:16:24 pm by escaped lurker »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2014, 05:38:28 am »

Dammit.

So, can anyone read runic?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2014, 10:27:06 am »

Yes, it's pretty simple, just normal words written with runic letters instead of an english ones. I expected it to be harder, with hidden meanings... But I won't spoil your fun, search for runic alphabet and decode :P
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2014, 11:22:11 am »

Dammit.

So, can anyone read runic?
Wikipedia tells me the last panel reads: "Yes, this would be my ring and sure, you can ask but… what is in it for me?", so it looks like we'll have to do some sort of quest.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40