Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82295 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »

Tackle and disarm the guy from behind. There aren't many things we can do now, actually.
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

Don't feel bad, ghouly. It's not a very simple horse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »

Tackle and disarm the guy from behind. There aren't many things we can do now, actually.
+1
+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2014, 05:28:19 pm »

+1
+1
Use horse as decoy and then tackle the guy.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2014, 07:04:00 pm »

Omnomnom!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2014, 04:48:17 am »

I'm tempted to suggest Draining him for his insolence, but it's probably not worth it from a practical standpoint, alas.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2014, 07:48:38 am »

I'm tempted to suggest Draining him for his insolence, but it's probably not worth it from a practical standpoint, alas.
That and he not prone or enslaved.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2014, 11:01:52 am »

That and he not prone or enslaved.
Well, if we tackle him he will be, all going well.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Early Morning

Trying to turn his lack of attention to you against him – insolent cur he is – you draw closer to him, hoping to catch him from behind. He does not fall for it, quite fixated on you all of a sudden. Still, you wait for your chance and lunge at him the moment he needs to dodge the approaching horse.

Your strike falls true, with you ripping him deeply into his abdomen. In a last spurt of rage or panic, he however counters with his sword, cutting into your side. This time around, it is not shallow. At all. He even tries to push you in further, but you are able to hold him off and draw yourself out of the blade bit by bit. Approaching his defenceless back, the horse finishes him off with a jump that squarely lands on him, shattering his pelvis. Contrary to his friend, he does not get up after receiving the horse's attack.

-68 HP

Taking a look at your own wound, it is bleeding rather profusely. The cut looks absolutely nasty, and even if you won't die from it, becoming even more dead is a possibility indeed. While holding your side to better keep the blood in, you let the horse draw back the leather from the tent.

There are some leathers used for sleeping, three more or less treated hides, two bows, a number of arrows, two knapsacks and a small collection of everyday items.

You have gained experience in feral combat.

Necropedium

Zombies
Type: Lowly Fleshgolem
Raising a true zombie is achieved by drenching his dead flesh in necromantic energies, mostly to make them work without all that pesky blood and what-not. Another reason is to skirt around the bodily damage that most of the subjects have received - willing specimen being somewhat hard to obtain in most cases. Most variations can be made into ghouls, the later sometimes falling back to this form when their magical metabolism fails.

Currently:
110/205 HP
31/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" Well... could have gone worse."

" I mean, I could be dead. Like, real dead. "

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2014, 04:14:14 pm »

Well, at the least now we have some items to actually equip and otherwise have.

use some of the treated hide as well as strips of material to apply first aid to wound. Loot fitting clothing, knapsack, a bow, as many arrows as practical, and that sword.

Ghoul or no, being able to actually hit people at some distance may be better than having to get up as close as we have. also the clothes should help keep us somewhat less.. visible in terms of our ghoul-ishness.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

Use a hide to make for a makeshift bandage for the big cut, and put on some clothes. We may be a ghoul, but that doesn't mean we can't get some sweet duds. Also, the remaining clothes can be ripped apart for smaller bandages for the smaller cuts, if those are still bleeding.
 Also, look through the everyday stuff and see if there isn't anything to counter possibility of infection. Seeing how we need blood, an infection is probably bad.
Other than that, rest a bit, at least until the bleeding stops. If something comes near, play dead and surprise it. If it's a soldier of some kind, or just anything well-armed, make a break for it.
Also, the horse should get in the (rebuilt) tent, to not arouse suspicion from too far away.

Also might be of consideration to keep the dagger from the earlier dude and wrap it around your hand using another strip of the treated hide, to get a make-shift  punch dagger.
Because a feral fighting style is unpredictable, and it's nice to have an emergency fighting style.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2014, 07:19:56 pm »

Can we make "lowly fleshgolems" now? And are they "true zombies" or no?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:09 pm »

Use a hide to make for a makeshift bandage for the big cut, and put on some clothes. We may be a ghoul, but that doesn't mean we can't get some sweet duds. Also, the remaining clothes can be ripped apart for smaller bandages for the smaller cuts, if those are still bleeding.
 Also, look through the everyday stuff and see if there isn't anything to counter possibility of infection. Seeing how we need blood, an infection is probably bad.
Other than that, rest a bit, at least until the bleeding stops. If something comes near, play dead and surprise it. If it's a soldier of some kind, or just anything well-armed, make a break for it.
Also, the horse should get in the (rebuilt) tent, to not arouse suspicion from too far away.

Also might be of consideration to keep the dagger from the earlier dude and wrap it around your hand using another strip of the treated hide, to get a make-shift  punch dagger.
Because a feral fighting style is unpredictable, and it's nice to have an emergency fighting style.
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2014, 03:14:02 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Morning

Controlling the horse to help with the task, you waste no time in cutting up two of the hides to serve as some sort of pressure bandage. Watching the magical flow of your own body – being a construct has its perks – it seems like the blood is clotting without any greater problems. You still doubt loosing more of it in the next couple of days would be a good idea though.
-7 HP, Gained Medium Anemia

In the meantime day has completely arrived, with you taking inventory of all the possessions of the recently deceased. All the while, the horse serves to hold up the tent – with one of the posts broken in the fight, and the reanimated equine hidden, you humorously applaud this strike of your genius.

Spoiler: A~ll the loot (click to show/hide)

Based on their equipment, the fresh deer and the not fully treated hides, it seems that they were hunters. Most of their equipment seems to be on the basic side, but is also somewhat well-made. You are sure that there ought to be some civilisation around these parts, doubting that someone would travel very far to hunt in this region.

Currently:
103/205 HP
31/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" Sure had a lot of stuff, those two. Time to choose my pick~"

Can we make "lowly fleshgolems" now? And are they "true zombies" or no?
If we would have learned or upgraded a spell, I would have annouced it - hopefully - clearly enough. Nope, not this time. It was just a bit of lore, to hint at the fact that bleeding out - while obviously not "deadly" for us - would have undesireable consequences. So yeah, anytime you see "Necropedium", it is a tadbit about lore, which I would find difficult to bring up in first character. Or tedious. Or possibly both.
Full "Necropedium" is in Reply#1, for those that have not seen it yet.

On another note, as you might have gleamed from this fight - we are a glasscanon. Not as much as most humanoids - given our undead state of being - but still. Every now and then it strikes me as a bit of silly at how many wounds you can obtain in most rpg's, and how fast you heal from them. Not so much in here. Ye~s, a chunk of realism in my fantasy world. Deal with it.  :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2014, 03:38:02 am »

I'd say now we need to set up a base of operations. A ghoul shouldn't be camping out in the open in the tent of his latest victims though, so we should ride until we find a cave, small canyon, or other concealing terrain feature nearby, make several trips to get all the corpses and other stuff we wish to keep to our new hideout, and lay low until we have our health and magic back.

I'd say keep the Rope, Saddlebag, Tinderbox, a bow, all the arrows, and one of the smaller weapons like a hatchet. We can practice our archery with the wood arrows while we wait to heal.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40