Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41102 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 1 - Forest Morning
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2014, 01:08:04 pm »

I agree. It doesn't seem quite fair to lynch a player who joined so late.
Quote from: WhitiusOpus
TDS: So you might possibly be scum, and have been scum in a previous game. Who would be in your ideal scum team, for this?
Unvote

TheDarkStar: I would like you to be more engaged in the game. Please start being more active, and answer this question. I've bolded the more important piece.
Way to tie up the vote.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »

Votecount Day 1

(0) Pufferfish -
(1) TheDarkStar - WhitiusOpus
(2) MastahCheese - NAV, Painiac
(1) MyOwnWorstEnemy -
(2) Paniac - Pufferfish, MyOwnWorstEnemy
(2) NAV - notquitethere, Persus13
(1) WhitiusOpus - TheDarkStar
(0) Persus13
(0) notquitethere

Not Voting: mastahcheese

1/3 to extend
0/5 to shorten

Day 1 will end Wednesday April 2nd at 9 PM PST.

Day ends in ~9 hours.

EVERYONE SHOULD POST MORE!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2014, 02:23:41 pm »

pfp
unvote

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2014, 03:47:28 pm »

I agree. It doesn't seem quite fair to lynch a player who joined so late.
Quote from: WhitiusOpus
TDS: So you might possibly be scum, and have been scum in a previous game. Who would be in your ideal scum team, for this?
Unvote

TheDarkStar: I would like you to be more engaged in the game. Please start being more active, and answer this question. I've bolded the more important piece.

I saw that one and I thought I answered it. Oops.

Probably me and Persus, since he's calm about everything and would be most likely to not act like he's on my scumteam. I'd want Tiruin to be the scum IC to prevent her from asking unfortunate questions about my actions. Having both out removes two skilled players from the town.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:02 pm »

Mastahcheese: If you had to vote someone who wasn't me, who would you vote for and why?

Painiac: Why did you randomly vote for the guy who'd already be randomly voted twice at the time? I think that could be considered bandwagoning.

NAV, if there would be zero night phase, and if you could off someone - would you do it?
Not at this point. the probability of offing town is much higher than of offing scum, and I have don't have strong reads on anyone. Later in the game, I would off people if I thought I was on the losing side.

NAV, it's near the end of the day. Would you like to see Mastahcheese lynched?
He seems to be giving off a slightly scummy vibe to me. Because he is an outlier as the only one who hasn't voted, and he seemed to react negatively to being voted on. So yes.

Pufferfish: What is an unconventional tactic that could lead to success?

WhitiusOpus: Do you think player activity is a good way to judge whether someone is scum or not? Is this different between beginner and advance games?

Persus: Which player do you dread the most being on the opposite team from?

DarkStar: Tell me a mafia-related joke please.

MyOwnWorstenemy: Who would you investigate as a cop? Why?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »

Mastahcheese: If you had to vote someone who wasn't me, who would you vote for and why?
Well, first off, I wouldn't want to vote you because I think it would suck to get lynched day 1 on your first game.
That said, Pufferfish, he hasn't been following up on his questions much, with the exception of when I pointed it out, at which point, he instantly became aggressive toward 4maskwolf, which was the target of the original question that I pointed out. It seems too much like someone jumping on an opportunity, rather than genuinely caring about getting their questions answered.

NAV, it's near the end of the day. Would you like to see Mastahcheese lynched?
He seems to be giving off a slightly scummy vibe to me. Because he is an outlier as the only one who hasn't voted, and he seemed to react negatively to being voted on. So yes.
Well, I would like to say that it's the idea of being killed by a random vote that bothers me, it's the lack of thought put into it.
But whatevs. That's me.

Also, extend, there isn't enough activity for my liking.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2014, 07:49:31 pm »

Why did the scum push his partner onto the road?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((yeah, I know, it was stupid))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »

Why did the scum push his partner onto the road?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((yeah, I know, it was stupid))
Hey! You called for replacement, remember? That answer could have completely changed my read on TDS! Geez. [/false exasperation]

Quote from: NAV
WhitiusOpus: Do you think player activity is a good way to judge whether someone is scum or not? Is this different between beginner and advance games?
Yes and no. In almost all mafia games, the highest poster is either a townie or third party. This is due to people wanting to find out scum, while the scum is usually responding and reacting. Except for a few cases, where the scum can false-lead the hunt, which is very unlikely. So generally speaking, the more active players are either really good scum, or town.

Yes, it's very different for BM games. As many people are playing for their first time, it's hard to judge their alignment based on post count. Then again, many new players who are scum, are more cautious and... Specific... In how and what they post, as well as post less.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2014, 11:48:54 pm »

Day ended writeup soon.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2014, 12:15:50 am »

A long day of prancing around is about to come to an end. But still the unicorns couldn't determine who was actually a horse.

"mastahcheese is a horse, of course of course!"

"No NAV is a horse, of course of course!"

"Why don't we not kill anyone?" one of the unicorns finally suggested.

Since they couldn't reach a decision they felt the only fair thing to do was to not kill anyone. And so everyone quietly found a patch of grass for themselves and lied down to rest, knowing danger is still nearby.

Final Votecount Day 1

(1) Pufferfish - mastahcheese
(1) TheDarkStar - WhitiusOpus
(2) MastahCheese - NAV, Painiac
(0) MyOwnWorstEnemy -
(1) Paniac - MyOwnWorstEnemy
(2) NAV - notquitethere, Persus13
(1) WhitiusOpus - TheDarkStar
(0) Persus13
(0) notquitethere

Not Voting: Pufferfish

2/3 to extend
0/5 to shorten

No one was lynched! 

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Night 1 - Forest Night
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2014, 02:04:05 am »

The unicorns wake up in unison, each taking time to stretch and yawn and prepare for the new day. It doesn't take long for them to notice that TheDarkStar is no longer amongst them.

Cautiously, everyone snuck towards TheDarkStar's resting place. TheDarkStar lay on the ground with a huge fracture in his skull. His horn was crushed and his tongue hung out.

Soon insects will burrow through his body. There is not much you can do about that. But you must stop the horses from doing such a thing again!

TheDarkStar has been killed in the night. He was a vanilla townie.

Day 2 will end Tuesday April 8th at 9 PM PST.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 2 - Forrest Morrning
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2014, 07:34:57 am »

Bah. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly surprised. This kind of thing tends to happen to me.  :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2014, 08:16:29 am »

Uh oh... this didn't quite work out:

Still bit short of time, but I'll be sure to be about to break any ties at the end of the day.

I should have calculated when exactly pacific time was rather than relying on ZU's hour counter:
Day ends in ~9 hours.

As it was, the day finished at 5AM NQT-time.

OK, on the brightside, we didn't lynch town on D1, on the downside, we didn't lynch scum either.

Cheese, Wolf, Whitius: you were the last players to vote near the deadline: why didn't you break the tie?

New players may not be aware, but it's seen as very good practice to lynch when possible, unless players are absolutely certain that they're heading towards a mislynch. The only way of defeating scum is to use the lynch.

What made you decide to unvote, Pufferfish?

NAV, MOWE, Paniac, Persus what do you think about DarkStar being town?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2014, 09:36:45 am »

Uh oh... this didn't quite work out:

Still bit short of time, but I'll be sure to be about to break any ties at the end of the day.

I should have calculated when exactly pacific time was rather than relying on ZU's hour counter:
Day ends in ~9 hours.

As it was, the day finished at 5AM NQT-time.

OK, on the brightside, we didn't lynch town on D1, on the downside, we didn't lynch scum either.

Cheese, Wolf, Whitius: you were the last players to vote near the deadline: why didn't you break the tie?

New players may not be aware, but it's seen as very good practice to lynch when possible, unless players are absolutely certain that they're heading towards a mislynch. The only way of defeating scum is to use the lynch.

What made you decide to unvote, Pufferfish?

NAV, MOWE, Paniac, Persus what do you think about DarkStar being town?
Wolf replaced out, please direct all questions to Paniac

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 2 - Forrest Morrning
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2014, 01:58:28 pm »

I never had occasion to get good read on him. And because we didn't done much, it's kinda hard to get info out of this NK. You can't get something out from interactions with victim, when interactions did not took place at all... Especially we didn't got lynch day before, bad thing. We really can't afford another no-lynch day now - or townie lynch, for that matter. Things will get grim, if we do.

The general unvoting causing the day to end in draw is basically our only clue. BECAUSE: when someone dies, we check who did what with such person. But opposite is also true: when someone does not die, we should check who did what to get draw. But that might not be machinations of scum/scum team, but just error on town part. Hard to say, without thorough look.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23