Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60765 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2014, 01:35:57 am »

Also, wire-guided missiles don't need radiation; that's the point, it gets sent through the wire.

Why do they have such big ships if they're still inaccurate and have to get up close, then?

Ooh, question! Does sonar still work? Sub battles would be interesting.
Wire-guided missiles have extremely short range, less than a few miles. That's not enough in space combat. I'm sure there's plenty of antitank stuff that uses that kind of thing. But Furtuka isn't talking about wire-guided missiles, he's talking about wire-operated funnels and bits.

You obviously still need the ships to deploy and support the mobile suits. Just like aircraft carriers. Not to mention said ships still carry extremely powerful weapons.

Actually sonar is used frequently during the One Year War as a reliable detection method in ground battles as well, using special equipment deployed by support vehicles. Mobile suits use infrared sensors to acquire targets most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:37:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:13 pm »

Waiting on you Darkpal.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #587 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:19 pm »

Waiting. On. You. DARKPZAL. >8C

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2014, 04:29:29 pm »

((Can I fire on the tank moving towards the Hover Truck? If not, move into position and fire, screw the penalty.)) :P

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 23, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »

Uhhh, move and turn East, I guess.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2014, 04:57:14 pm »

((Can I fire on the tank moving towards the Hover Truck? If not, move into position and fire, screw the penalty.)) :P
*shoves puffer back into the lurker pit*

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2014, 06:04:46 pm »

Oh I'll be back don't you worry.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #592 on: July 23, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

Confirm your moves!

Hawk you crawled around the corner to the cover of the building and you'll be up by the next turn.

Fair Warning Time: USEC you don't have line of sight on that tank so your shots would impact on that building, but if you rolled at least 4 damage the building would collapse. You also didn't say which weapon you'd use but I'm assuming your cannons because of the distance. If you moved West you'd be able to hit the tank.

Adwarf would hit Rolep's guntank if he fired from there. You don't have line of sight because of the size of his guntank.

Rolep your missiles are just out of range, so that'd be a -1 to hit.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2014, 07:07:38 pm »

My move's fine.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »

Rolep do me a favor and let me do the firing, just get in cover near a building and watch for enemies to the north while me and the other GMs take out the two tanks. But yeah my move is fine.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 23, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »

I thought you said one range increment is the width of the river at it's widest point?

*grumbles about stupid GMs hogging everything and expecting guntanks to sit on their hands*

Also, Um, Gunin, you mixed up the starting positions for the Guntanks. I couldn't really tell whether you had or not before, but USEC should be the furthest East of the three, darkpal should be in the middle, and I should be the western one.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 23, 2014, 08:12:38 pm »

Fair Warning Time: USEC you don't have line of sight on that tank so your shots would impact on that building, but if you rolled at least 4 damage the building would collapse. You also didn't say which weapon you'd use but I'm assuming your cannons because of the distance. If you moved West you'd be able to hit the tank.

Whoops. Well then...

Move West/East/whatever so that my guntank has a clear shot on the tank with its cannons. I've completely forgotten which one is supposed to be me, honestly.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #597 on: July 23, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »

^^You're on the far left there, USEC.

I thought you said one range increment is the width of the river at it's widest point?

Also, Um, Gunin, you mixed up the starting positions for the Guntanks. I couldn't really tell whether you had or not before, but USEC should be the furthest East of the three, darkpal should be in the middle, and I should be the western one.
No it's okay your range is fine no penalty I made the same mistake with adwarf shut up I never make mistakes who do you think you ar- *is dragged away foaming at the mouth*

Does it really matter if you're all in the same kind of vehicle? I don't want to have to reup the turns so I can swap names around. I promise they won't get mixed up again once the action really gets going.

EDIT: The mistake with Felix and Norris and adwarf and KJ was important through because they all have different payloads and that'll be fixed by next turn.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:22:42 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #598 on: July 23, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »

Also I know the range and movement is weird here, but mostly I'm testing out combat and damage and behavior modifiers right now. In the next battle we'll have an actual grid, so that should help.

EDIT: Once Rolep and adwarf have figured out who's going to shoot the thing then I can up the turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 23, 2014, 08:43:45 pm »

Adwarf, don't shoot. You have to be stationary to fire anyway, and I fire 4 shots versus your one, which is important when firing at a target with such small defense compared to the damage we deal. Get into a good firing position and stay still; it's all you GMs are good for anyway :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46