Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Nexus (Suggestion Game)  (Read 14441 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Nexus (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

Elite Infantrymen. Brutal ground combat here we come!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 12:52:52 pm »

Elite Infantrymen. Brutal ground combat here we come!

+1 I have to agree and if not that let's do the tactical thing with bandits. Just because the salary is more and being a cop is kinda cool and not done as much in Bay12.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

You think on the options, and make your choice. "I'll be an elite infantryman."

Two months later you are a member of the elite infantry force known as the Hawks. You are equipped with the latest laser rifle of the Pallark Confederation, the PAG-11 Laser Rifle. It is highly accurate, and will usually take an enemy down in one hit. You are a rifleman in 2nd Company, Echo Platoon. Hawk forces are preparing for a massive assault on Tallyrik, a small, mountainous planet held by the Reyvajik Republic. The garrison of the planet has been increased, and there are more enemy reinforcements moving to the planet.

It resting time aboard the A-Class Heavy Transport ship, the Crane. You are waken from your sleep by the sound of the alarm. All of the men in the room jump out of their bunks and begin to dress themselves, as the female's voice on the speaker system calls for the soldiers on board to ready themselves and get to the planetary landing pods. You get your power armor on, and ready your PAG-11. The men inside your dormitory rush out into the hallways, and you stand still in the center of the room.

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Occupation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2014, 06:17:13 pm »

The heck are we doing in here?

GET OUT THERE WITH THEM!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 06:52:35 pm »

GET OUT THERE WITH THEM!
+1 Suit up! Don armor and grab your rifle! Get to the drop pods!! D:

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 08:00:55 pm »

GET OUT THERE WITH THEM!
+1 Suit up! Don armor and grab your rifle! Get to the drop pods!! D:
+1 show them how Argonauts Fight.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 04:57:30 pm »

You make sure that all of your armor is on right, your rifle is operational, and run out. Through the halls you run, along with the rest of the ship. The process is slow, but you eventually get to the drop pods. You squeeze in with six other Hawks in the small space, and wait for the signal to go. After about ten minutes of people pushing around in the room, all the Hawks are loaded up and ready to drop. Colonel Ryowitz gives the order from his pod, "Drop!"

The Hawk sitting across from you pulls the lever to his side. It goes, and you feel yourself falling, fast. "You ready for this, green boy?" says the man next to you. You nod, and hold on to your seat. You can hear the anti-air guns firing from the surface of Tallyrik, and you pray that none of the shells hits your pod. Outside the window, you see another recruit looking out the window at you. You meet eyes, but then a shell hits his pod. It explodes in mid-air, and the Hawks inside are disintegrated. You look down from the window, at your feet.

"Fifteen seconds!" Colonel Ryowitz says over the radio.

"All right men," Sergeant Roberts says, "The objective here is to defend the drop zone from enemy attackers, and then counterattack onto the nearby enemy stronghold. The Confederation will accept nothing less than victory. When we land, we form up. Everyone got it?" You nod, and a few men give a 'yes sir'. "Alright, time to land."

Suddenly, you can feel the pod impact onto the ground. The door flies open, and you stand. Your squad runs out, and gets into a wedge formation facing the south. You run to your position at the far right, and aim your PAG-11 at the crest of a hill to the south.

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:42 pm »

Pew pew pew!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 07:43:23 am »

Move with your boys and watch for movement.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 08:14:09 am »

((I thought we were already in position?))

Keep watching the crest of the hill.

Edit: Oh. Ooooh. Just reread it.... +1
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:20:04 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2014, 04:47:25 pm »

As Sergeant Roberts gives to order to slowly move forward, a Reyvajik tank speeds over the crest of the hill that your squad was facing. You begin unloading your PAG-11 on it, along with the rest of the squad. A rocket flies out from behind you and hits it dead-on, causing it to spiral out and explode into the ground. Suddenly, three more of the tanks come over the crest of the hill, with a huge force of red-colored enemy infantry.

Rockets fly by your head as you hit the dirt. You hit the ground with a thud, and pick a target. Dozens of enemy infantry units are pouring over the crest of the hill, being mowed down by explosions and gunfire. You aim at an enemy combat medic running to one of the downed tanks, and pull the trigger. The round hits him squarely in the chest, and he falls. As you begin to pick another target, an explosion to your side sends you flying a few meters.

You are dazed, and begin to regain your vision and hearing. You lay on the ground, staring at a crater now where two of your squadmates had been. Overwhelming amounts of enemy infantry run through smoke cover as the rest of your squad holds. Another round lands behind you, and you turn to see three Hawks flying through the air, hit directly by the artillery round. The enemy is bombarding the drop zone with artillery.

I'm back, Bay12.

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:15 pm »

Call out to get some volunteers to flank the artillery.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2014, 08:28:13 pm »

+1 we should do that, lets get in close and rob them of there artillery.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 09:14:34 pm »

+1

I'm assuming we can't get our own fire support, since we were dropped with just infantry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10