Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84417 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #450 on: March 27, 2018, 04:57:14 pm »

Is into the woods Disney?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 27, 2018, 05:12:02 pm »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 27, 2018, 09:43:26 pm »

Oh wait no, it's CN.
In which case I agree.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 27, 2018, 09:44:36 pm »

Oh wait no, it's CN.
In which case I agree.

Do you mean Over The Garden Wall???

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 27, 2018, 09:49:05 pm »

... Yes. Doh.
But also, we're leapfrogging, so I'mma stop now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 30, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »

Vattu's got two fresh updates!

Makes me wonder if I should make a separate thread for it, considering the response it got the first time around.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 02, 2018, 04:16:33 pm »

Hey, what would be the best site to host your webcomic when you're starting out?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:15 pm »

Smackjeeves has been around for ages and has lots of low-profile but active comics, so I imagine it must be solid. Line Webtoons and Tapastic seem commercial enough to make a profit from, maybe, but I wouldn't touch them until I had done a lot of research on them. Spiderforest and Hiveworks are somewhat exclusive collectives that I an't see hosting a new comic but seem helpful and thus might have useful information for polite startups.

Monk12 might know more about Smackjeeves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 02, 2018, 10:25:36 pm »

Danke for advice. I'm a little wary of Tapastic as I have hear not great things about the business practices of the site, but I'll take a look around! Thanks again my dude.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 03, 2018, 10:19:56 am »

...So, Broodhollow just posted something.

Also, why are like all of the mini-stories deleted?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 04, 2018, 10:10:04 pm »

Hey just trying to put more feelers out here, when you stumble upon a new webcomic, how much material do you have to read before you have the "im hooked!" moment? Would only having 10-30 pages turn you off or make you want to wait until there's more there to really emotionally commit to it?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 04, 2018, 10:45:36 pm »

Depends how good it is, of course~ ;P
I've never really stumbled onto a web comic EARLY in its life cycle, but if there were like 10 pages of real good shit there I might follow it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 04, 2018, 10:53:42 pm »

Depends how good it is, of course~ ;P
I've never really stumbled onto a web comic EARLY in its life cycle, but if there were like 10 pages of real good shit there I might follow it.

Of course! I was just curious. I figure I might take another, much better crack at a webcomic, and I was just thinking about how to do it right. I.E. How much content to prepare so peeps can read it and be like, "nice."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 05, 2018, 02:45:17 am »

Hey just trying to put more feelers out here, when you stumble upon a new webcomic, how much material do you have to read before you have the "im hooked!" moment? Would only having 10-30 pages turn you off or make you want to wait until there's more there to really emotionally commit to it?
You could try answering that for yourself... What sort of webcomics do you like? What features in webcomics appeal to you? Maybe we can offer some suggestions...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »

Vattu, Rice Boy, KSBD are ones that hooked me basically right off the bat. Then you have something like Homestuck which I've found to be a little boring, but am slogging through because I think I should read it.

Generally speaking, I really like the narrative-driven comics with a lot of world building (which is what I hope I can accomplish) and the rest don't grab me so much.

Vattu's tenth page, they're throwing a freakin' baby over an open flame, so that's kind of awesome.

By Rice Boy's tenth page, we have a noir robot prophet trying to convince a small mushroom child he is the chosen one, so that's p interesting.

KSBD? By the tenth page, a normal college girl has a magical key stabbed into her forehead by a dead god and is transported to hell. So. Ya.

By page ten I'm either all-in or bored (although, I will continue reading if bored to give the author the benefit of the doubt, to page 30/40/50). And then of course you have the comic strips like Pigeon Gazette, Owlturd, and Extra Fabulous Comics--I always appreciated one when I found it, but I never checked out their primary hosting sites until I'd seen dozens and dozens each, respectively.

*Also, I'm a sucker for good action. As a huge fan of Genndy Tartakovsky, I LOVE to see highly stylized fights--especially when they involve a large number of participants.

That said, I know that sometimes my tastes and habits don't line up with the common ones, so that's why I'm asking! AND, ofc, I too have never really stumbled upon a NEW webcomic, so I'm not sure what I would do if I literally found one day one that only had 10 pages ready.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:02:01 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40