Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84041 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2014, 09:48:00 am »

Today's Schlock Mercenary is funnier than I'd expected. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2015, 12:16:25 pm »

The latest Questionable Content
DESPERATELY makes me want to turn a library into a Carnal Playground

(Not sure if was better to necro this, or post in Happy.)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »

I have a horrible suspicion that the new OOTS artstyle is making updates far slower. :l

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »

The latest Questionable Content
DESPERATELY makes me want to turn a library into a Carnal Playground

(Not sure if was better to necro this, or post in Happy.)

I am firmly in the "libraries are SERIOUS BUSINESS" camp.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2015, 02:13:26 pm »

My first thought on seeing that was, "this is so going on a shirt."  That might just be the news box, though.  ^_^

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2015, 02:21:16 pm »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2015, 02:31:45 pm »

I have a horrible suspicion that the new OOTS artstyle is making updates far slower. :l
From what I've seen it's about the same, one every 2-4 weeks (excluding that one point where he updated every day for a week for the kickstarter). Don't forget he is also still slowly polishing off several PDF's and thousands of crayon drawings for the kickstarter from way back when, that's got to be cutting into some of his drawing time.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »

I've recently discovered Balderdash! or a Tale of Two Witches.

It's pretty new so I think the author is still figuring some things out (last time I read it, it was "Balderdash! or the Baker's Apprentice" and didn't have a consistent update schedule) but I really like the art style and the characters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »

Since they haven't shown up in the thread I'd thought I'd drop the Bleedman trio of comics here.
PowerPuff Girls Doujinshi
Grim Tales
Sugar Bits
The first one focuses on alternate versions of many of the cartoon characters many of us saw as kids (grim adventures, dexter's lab, etc.). The second focuses on the next generation from another alternate version. The third is a standalone that recently rebooted. Be warned that there is tons of art improvement over time, since he was not the most consistent updater for years. He's still not the most consistent for any given one, but since he runs the artwork for 3 simultaneously you tend to get an update every couple of weeks or so (with the occasional double or triple update when he hits all 3 at the same time).

Also another two that are worth checking out are Dreamkeepers and Dreamkeepers Prelude. The second is an actual webcomic, the first is just the graphic novels that it is based off of (which the makers upload over time once that particular volume has been out for a long enough period of time).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2015, 02:00:32 am »

Boxerhockey had its first update in a year.
Beyond the Blastwave is also doing well.

God I love snailcomics.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2015, 09:01:40 am »

You guys mentioned Ava's Demon is awesome? It is.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:15 am »

Since they haven't shown up in the thread I'd thought I'd drop the Bleedman trio of comics here.
PowerPuff Girls Doujinshi
Grim Tales
Sugar Bits
I want to add that the Invader Zim comic, also on the Snafu website, is by Bleedman too. It has received 2-3 updates within the last year or so.  (Basically it is a once in a blue moon update, compared to the main 3 of his comics.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2015, 09:16:42 am »

From what I've seen it's about the same, one every 2-4 weeks (excluding that one point where he updated every day for a week for the kickstarter). Don't forget he is also still slowly polishing off several PDF's and thousands of crayon drawings for the kickstarter from way back when, that's got to be cutting into some of his drawing time.

That's a relief. I guess I thought it used to be quicker for some reason, but that was probably was before Rich's thumb injury.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2015, 10:44:31 am »

Grim Tales
Oh, wow. It had been a long time since I'd read any of that -- last time I hit the end of it right when Oogie showed up.

And, uh. It went pretty much full incest plot. That. That's a thing. *goes back to reading*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2015, 02:32:12 pm »

You guys mentioned Ava's Demon is awesome? It is.

Ava's Demon is fantastic. I haven't been following it, though, because the site used to lag. I'll have to try again.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40