Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84218 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2016, 07:02:19 am »

I was wondering how do they sound like and then I realized... Jurrasic Park velociraptors also went "wok wok".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2016, 07:12:57 am »

I think it's weekly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2016, 07:16:04 am »

Totally not plugging for my girlfriend.
But honestly though I'm excited she's started posting this comic. I've talked the overarching plot with her but she refuses to give me any real details.

Also her youtube.
We're in a long-distance thing for most of the year so I listen to these when we can't talk.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2016, 07:17:06 am »

By the way, can anyone remember the name of a webcomic about a man with a few shark features (called "Sharkey," and his friend who was changed into a taking rabbit living in the underworld? They're also joined by a mute Chinese girl with a scarred face.

That would be Judecca. You can still read it, but the comic is dead.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2016, 07:18:30 am »

Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2016, 09:41:56 am »

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is still going really strong, despite the creator having been hit by a car and catching a cold and getting cancer.
Regardless

Is why I love this comic.
Awh, yeah. Love how the author does her thing. Also love how she characterizes her characters. :3 Did it update lately? Because I forgot the scheduling. ;~;

It updates every week or every other week, depending on how many catastrophes have befallen the author lately.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2016, 04:49:30 am »

Started reading Penny Arcade from the start. It's kinda creepy to hear the talk about DIVX Players back when that was a thing. This is DIVX the 1998 hardware (completely dead by 1999), not the later DivX video format. The DIVX hardware was basically a more-expensive DVD player that you had to keep putting money into each time you wanted to watch a movie, or you could pay a higher fee to "unlock" a disc you already bought for unlimited plays. The idea was that this would replace movie store rentals. The movie studios loved it, the hardware makers loved it. Naturally, this also required you to always be connected to the internet while watching movies, back at a time when people had fucking DIAL UP accounts which blocked your phone service. Somehow ... this never caught on with the public. Penny Arcade is making me want to make lame jokes like "1998 called, they want their terrible ideas back".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:55:22 am by Reelya »

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is still going really strong, despite the creator having been hit by a car and catching a cold and getting cancer.
Regardless

Is why I love this comic.
Awh, yeah. Love how the author does her thing. Also love how she characterizes her characters. :3 Did it update lately? Because I forgot the scheduling. ;~;

It updates every week or every other week, depending on how many catastrophes have befallen the author lately.
I think the number of weeks without an update is actually astonishingly small, across six years of updates. There are a lot of weeks where the comics are late, or scribbly, but those tend to be for Serious Real Life reasons.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Kinda a bummer, I was looking around for some old webcomics I liked by Neil G. (Neil Gustavson: he guested / cameod a character on other comics such as Questionable Content #157), seems the guy completely disappeared, about the time he was supposed to be launching a whole new comic. Did he just completely retire or did he die or something? Kinda seems weird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:03:09 pm by Reelya »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »

I just started reading Endstone. It is so wonderful. My favorite character so far is Lightstone. What's not to like about a cigar-smoking, skeletor-looking, back-to-life wizard stoner?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2016, 09:50:29 pm »

I gotta check that out.

Also, Dr McNinja is coming to a close. I thought it'd be around forever, this is upsetting.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2016, 09:57:24 pm »

Now it might be a good time for me to start reading it then. I presume it's pretty good?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:25 pm »

Sure

The art and storyline both start off immature and end up being pretty awesome.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2016, 11:00:56 pm »

"Sparklelord."

Yeah, McNinja is great, even if his name is... kinda disappointing.

As for Gaiman, I know nothing of American Gods... but uh, Dream? Lucifer? Coraline? Oh, and let's not forget the Tardis kissing the 11th!

Fatbird raptors are best raptors, also check out All Our Yesterdays and All Your Yesterdays, and don't forget KSBD which is now getting a print version from Image.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2016, 09:38:01 am »

Went back and read some of the start of Boston and Shaun. Man, forgot how existentially painful this webcomic really is. Some of the strips cause almost physical pain. Others seem to have a joke, but whatever thought process explains the humor, the author forgot to tell the rest of us about it. Lots of the strips have serious grammar problems, especially with past/present tense. Though the guy's first language is English.

That about sums it up. Terrible grammar, fatting (macrophile) fetish, dragon/furry bodymorphs. Well, if you want a long running webcomic with fairly cute art that's going to cause some brain melt and "Whhyyyyy!?" reaction, that's the one. Part 2 is here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:42:30 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40