Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 380991 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2535 on: February 08, 2021, 07:51:01 pm »

What if you have a two mafia, one town situation? Mafia would never vote to lynch town then. You could of course make it so that only a certain amount of town need to die of course.
Same as in normal mafia: mafia win. They bus each other, leaving x1 town and mafia. There's no night kill, and so mafia win if there's a draw at the end.

edit: I see the problem now. How could town ever kill all of themselves? Easy: give the town a night kill. Every town player is a vig, but only one shot works each night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: February 08, 2021, 07:53:50 pm »

Mm. So scum wants to die first but doesn't have a factional nightkill. They're a jesterteam. Whereas the town is a bunch of uncoordinated vigs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 08, 2021, 07:58:42 pm »

What if scum votes didn't actually count?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 08, 2021, 08:01:31 pm »

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: February 08, 2021, 08:06:26 pm »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 12, 2021, 02:31:56 pm »

CYOM 4 is open for signups. Whether you're joining or not, I'm also asking for game breaking strategies so we can adjust the setup before beginning.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 12, 2021, 03:16:49 pm »

Okay, I've had enough machine-learning side projects, and now I want to write a Mafia game engine (for the 3rd time... :P).
Here's the previous version, which sort-of worked, but is actually pretty unmaintainable: https://github.com/open-mafia/open_mafia_engine

Does anyone have anything in particular they would like to see?

Right now I'm mostly interested in making a Bay12-compatible "bot" that can auto-run phases, parse votes and actions. Then building on that to actually interpret the actions.
I'm unsure how to collect actions, actually - PMs are difficult, while making QuickTopic chats for single players seems overkill...

Mephansteras, would there be there any "safe" way for me to do testing without spamming the Mafia subforum? And without having to run a Simple Machines Forum myself... :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 12, 2021, 03:20:42 pm »

Hmmm, not sure. My abilities as a mod on this subforum are pretty limited.

Though I can merge threads, so as long as you give me advance warning of a test you could run stuff and then I can shove them all into a single testing thread.

You can also check with Webadict to see how he's been doing his bot stuff. He seems to have been able to keep that pretty under control.

You can also check with Toady, he might have more specific ideas.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 12, 2021, 03:43:35 pm »

@Tolyk

Web's kind of beat you to the punch at that. He's been working on his own mafia-bot (Mafia Moderation Bot) for months now and it's already capable of doing nifty things like vote counts. At this point, I think it makes more sense to coordinate your efforts rather than start your own bot from scratch.

You're gonna have to ask Webadict how he feels about that though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:05 pm »

Okay, I've had enough machine-learning side projects, and now I want to write a Mafia game engine (for the 3rd time... :P).
Here's the previous version, which sort-of worked, but is actually pretty unmaintainable: https://github.com/open-mafia/open_mafia_engine

Does anyone have anything in particular they would like to see?

Right now I'm mostly interested in making a Bay12-compatible "bot" that can auto-run phases, parse votes and actions. Then building on that to actually interpret the actions.
I'm unsure how to collect actions, actually - PMs are difficult, while making QuickTopic chats for single players seems overkill...

Mephansteras, would there be there any "safe" way for me to do testing without spamming the Mafia subforum? And without having to run a Simple Machines Forum myself... :P
Ehh, I trust TolyK with the code, but my code is wicked jank, yo.

It's in python, too. But, I can give you a copy of the code, or link to my private repo if you want. I could also write some actual comments before that, too. Also, I have to remove my config file from there and rebase without that security hole... >.>

Currently, Mamobo can read PMs, threads, and do a lot of standard moderation by basically connecting through a headless browser, so it's definitely not super efficient, but it was okayed by Toady. I am adding features slowly and steadily, but if you'd like to help, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I have some helpful information for how you'd do all of that if you want your own project.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: February 12, 2021, 04:34:27 pm »

Ah, that's what I get for only skimming threads. I actually think I responded to that some time ago... anyways, I'll PM you. :)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: February 14, 2021, 09:48:54 am »

Last call for Choose Your Own Mafia 4 players. We'll start on Monday. Do you want to be a Merfolk Flowermaiden, a Djinn Assassin? An Impossibull Doge? Now's your chance.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 17, 2021, 11:40:18 am »

x1 replacement needed in Choose Your Own Mafia 4. Exciting chance to choose your own role level ups, the game is all to win still for both sides.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 18, 2021, 09:55:46 pm »

Ah man you guys, this Vengeful Mafia game I'm putting together is gonna have some weird flavor :-X

the tasting of mind-flesh
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 22, 2021, 08:48:04 am »

Not mafia related but I had to speculate somewhere... is Bay 12 Games named after the bay 12 shown in The Feeble Files??

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 193