Advanced search  

Poll

Bloody Jazz

Crits.
Crits?
Crits!
Crits?!
Crits!?
Could you leave some enemies for the rest of us?

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: TDG(OOC Thread)(Army full, but death may happen)  (Read 74312 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I think that you're pretty clearly moving into the same territory as Sirus's character by having a futuristic sort of steampunk character, regardless of using fire or clockwork or electricity. Especially with the fact that Sirus is not ok with it, I would say you should just stick with your original character.

I am sticking with my original character. It was an idea, that was all.

I wasn't trying to one-up Sirus' character. I was putting forward an idea for how the electrical side of the triad might be. I thought the idea was interesting, and I stated what I thought would be an interesting character concept inspired by such.

But yes, my character is rather bland, and I wasn't trying to (*ahem*) steal your thunder. I thought Praefectus made an interesting point, and I went with it for a bit. But, and especially if Sirus is so vehemently opposed(don't mean that in a bad way, mind you), I'm not switching characters in that way.

I kinda want to switch characters (NOT TO LIGHTNING MAGE) simply because he's so bland, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, if you switched your character, I would probably quit. It would feel too much like steampunk was taking over the RP when it wasn't the intention of the RP in the first place, and I wouldn't fit in it. Not relevant anymore but keeping it here cause not taking it back.

Edit: If you don't like the story, change it. You can do that. I wouldn't suggest you change class, since a rider is super useful, but if you think he's bland, make him less bland. Alternatively, let the RP make him less bland. It's really hard to tell how a character will turn out until you RP them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'M NOT SWITCHING TO STEAMPUNK.

I'm probably not gonna switch at all, particularly since everyone got classed up.

We do need a mounted unit, after all, and if I switched I would switch to an insane Shaman->Summoner, not a Troubadour(or at least not a lightning Troubadour; Troll-badours are pretty freakin' cool, man)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Don't worry, I'll try to keep the punkiness to a minimum, Swordstar. Mostly failed experiments and references to stuff (wait until we get to town that sells tomes) until the actual horse is finished. It'll be the FEF equivalent of a Strange Mood :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you notice, I crossed that out because it wasn't relevant any more. When I made that post, you hadn't made your post yet, so I hadn't seen in. And like I said. Wait for the RP before you say they're bland. My backstories are always fairly sparse because I don't want to commit to too much specific before I actually start RPing them.

Sirus: I think one is fine. It'd just be if the party started getting swallowed by it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

My backstories are always fairly sparse because I don't want to commit to too much specific before I actually start RPing them.

This. Characters never end up the way you think they will. It only took like two posts before Shaundra decided she was a sleepyhead for me against what I originally had in mind for her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do want to make a Shaman character at some point though.

I've always liked Shamans, and never gotten to play one. Makes me sad. They just...seem...so cool! Especially Summoners.

'Oh you are Duke Knight? I too, have Duke Knight.'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang. I wasn't even being serious about that, it was supposed to be a joke. I didn't expect people to take it seriously, and Aldith was already a character I wanted to try before, so no I am not trying to "copy" or anything. I am actually surprised nobody understood the reference yet with a mug like that. Aldith is pretty much a medieval version of Clockwerk from dota 2, so yeah.

And suggesting that I am "stealing" your idea is quite offensive, when I am clearly not doing that. And if you don't believe me, you can go ahead and look for Clockwerk on dota 2 wikipedia.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:05:14 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that the stealing thing was directed specifically at you and more at the idea of someone using an electrical horse, but... Regardless of you having had this idea or not, it still kinda sucks for Sirus that he came up with this unique thing and you came in and used what's essentially a more impressive version of it in the same RP. If I had to guess, that's where most of his frustration is coming from.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can he even be sure it is a "more impressive" version in first place? And the class isn't even the same. There is no need for all this mess, really.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had to agree there; how's it more impressive?

Same thing with electricity; it's made steam obsolete in our world, but in one with magic where the electricity has to come from someone's fingertips/the sky?

Anyway. What's everyone's time zones? And how long, d'ya think, scap, 'afore me and the clock get in?

EDIT: Especially 'cuz, clocks existed way before steam. They were just really really big and whatnot. And even when they got small, they were around before steam for a while.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:15:46 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

CST. It's 10:12 PM for me right now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to point out Praef and I talked before about his character and I can assure you he has been wanting to play Aldith for a while. However, it would be quite hard for him to be accepted into basically any "normal" FEF. He simply joined scapheap's game because he saw the GM would allow him to join with a concept he had been itching to play.

As someone who has been occasionally checking the threads but does not intend to join, I have to say my thoughts at the time he joined were that Jasmine and Aldith being in the same team would actually make for quite an interesting rivalry between the character in passion with steam and the one advocating clocktech.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

And suggesting that I am "stealing" your idea is quite offensive, when I am clearly not doing that. And if you don't believe me, you can go ahead and look for Clockwerk on dota 2 wikipedia.
Praef, not once did Sirus say the word stealing.

I'm kind of unhappy with the sudden festival of fantech characters because to me it feels like it's throwing a wrench (badumtish)in the setting by having more than one of them-- that'd imply a certain kind of normalcy to it that a sole character just doesn't have.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the whole group of people in the middle of a mess of shenanigans means that having two just means that the odd and the unique are the ones attracted to the group, rather than implying it's normal. Particularly when they're different techs and they go about it different ways.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101