Advanced search  

Poll

Bloody Jazz

Crits.
Crits?
Crits!
Crits?!
Crits!?
Could you leave some enemies for the rest of us?

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: TDG(OOC Thread)(Army full, but death may happen)  (Read 74287 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

I have to do it everytime :V

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Master PC race forever.

* Haspen huehuehue :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Can't access my master PC at school :c

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Can't access my master PC at school :c
Or at work :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am surprised nobody tried to come up with a thunder mage to finish the combo of technology. Steam engine , clockwork engine and electric engine.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Steam Engine, Clockwork Contraption, and Electric Motor, actually. :p

Maybe I should, though. A Troubadour with an electric horse or something, instead of a Rider. We aren't on the next map, after all...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am surprised nobody tried to come up with a thunder mage to finish the combo of technology. Steam engine , clockwork engine and electric engine.
Except that steam is already quite a-ways past FE-level technology. Electricity would be even more so and would more-or-less render steam power obsolete.

In other words, hissssssssssss. Quit trying to make my character's entire purpose in life irrelevant :X

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're all working on developing it, is the idea.

Having to use magic to fuel your engine means it's a little less useful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's also a bit of a derailment if you ALL go for the same character idea and the inevitable batch of the same motives pop up, not to mention frankly plagiaristic, especially if the guy who has the first character is not too fond of you making a triad.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Plagiarism is making a fire mage and steam technology. Wanting to make a character who has a link with other existing characters for a reason beyond the simple 'we're in the same group together' is not plagiarism. I thought it would be interesting simply because there'd be a rivalry between them(that, and if I did it he would be a smart-ass hot shot who rode his horse/electric horse like a motorcycle).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that you're pretty clearly moving into the same territory as Sirus's character by having a futuristic sort of steampunk character, regardless of using fire or clockwork or electricity. Especially with the fact that Sirus is not ok with it, I would say you should just stick with your original character.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's my issue, and it may be a little irrational so bear with me:

I already asked for and received permission to make a steampunk character, and to give her a mechanical steam-powered horse. This is something that has not been done before in these games. It is a new take on an FEF character.
Now here come not one but two people who seem to be doing something very similar. In the exact same game even! It feels like I'm just going to be overshadowed by the more fantastical clockpunk character and the far more futuristic power of electricity.

Like I said, irrational and probably more than a little whiney. But that's the way I'm feeling right now.

fakeedit: Ninja'd twice over by similar objections to my own 0.o

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sirus: I completely agree with you, as shown by what I've said. I think that you came up with this idea, other people saw it and were like "Whoa, totally awesome, I'm going to do that, only better!" I think it's completely reasonable for you to not be ok with people essentially stealing your idea. I think them taking it and using it in other games would've been fine. But using it in the same game feels... wrong.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

\
Here's my issue, and it may be a little irrational so bear with me:

I already asked for and received permission to make a steampunk character, and to give her a mechanical steam-powered horse. This is something that has not been done before in these games. It is a new take on an FEF character.
Now here come not one but two people who seem to be doing something very similar. In the exact same game even! It feels like I'm just going to be overshadowed by the more fantastical clockpunk character and the far more futuristic power of electricity.

Like I said, irrational and probably more than a little whiney. But that's the way I'm feeling right now.

fakeedit: Ninja'd twice over by similar objections to my own 0.o

It's irrational, yeah, but I'm pretty sure we all agree or sympathize with you a bit on this. Kind of like a 'god forbid I actually get to be a special snowflake for once' kind of feeling, y'know?

I agree with most everyone here. Sirius has already laid claim to a tinkerer/steampunk archetype.

EDIT: Not to mention, last time I checked, this wasn't a steampunk variant of Fire Emblem. Three of the techie/advanced characters seems a bit much.
I need to put something interesting here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not irrational at all-- and at this point changing the character to the electric mage would flat out be mean, considering how averse Sirus is to the idea (and how averse most of us seem to be to it too-- I do NOT want the party becoming EVERYONE IS STEAMPUNK please, that rips half of us out from the setting we designed our characters in. One is fine and original, three is way too much.)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101