Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: KUL DO KEIZAAL- Let's be a dragon!  (Read 11589 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: KUL DO KEIZAAL- Let's be a dragon!
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

You swallow the last leg of mudcrab, and prepare to practice some shouts. This time, you feel like using a shout that makes people over. You imagine it, the sheer force needed to...

Hey, look, a new word!

This shout, Fus, 'force', seems to be just what you're looking for. You ignore the meanings of earth and mighty tremors, going for unbridled power and limitless potential instead. Soon...

By midday, you've unlocked its meaning and tested it on a random deer. Isn't particularly strong, but very spammable and can stagger a mortal with ease. By the time you get the third word, it'll be a force to be reckoned with...

WORD OF POWER LEARNED: Unrelenting Force! FUS, ??, ??. Force, ??, ??.
WORD OF POWER UNLOCKED: FUS, Force. Create a weak burst of energy that staggers lesser foes.

The deer is felled by a bite to the neck, and as you're feeling hungry again you tuck in...

A few minutes later, you are taken by surprise as the massive wings of a dragon- an adult dragon- pass right over your head. You look up, shocked. Its scales are long, but dull and flimsy. Its muscles are shrunken, and its wing membranes are tight and painful-looking from disuse. However, there's something about the way it holds itself than tells you that this dragon is a survivor, and must have once been a truly awe-inspiring sight.

The dragon lands a distance away from you, looking in a different direction, and shouts:

"YOL TOOR SHUL!"

A massive stream of fire swamps the ground in front of it. There are shapes in the fire, and it dawns on you that you allowed a group of bandits to sneak up on you. You probably could have got away, but the dragon's Thu'um has solved the bandit problem once and for all.

There are two more bandits, you notice, and you lift yourself into the air. With a shout of "FUS!", you block their escape paths and leave them open to the elder. He incinerates them in moments. With that done, he laughs.

"Ah, your voice is strong!" he says. "We have already heard each other's Thu'um, so I will skip that part. I am Mirmulnir, last dovah in Skyrim." Allegiance Strong Hunt, that name means. Probably a good ally. "It is..." A strange expression comes over his face, a mixture of arrogance and hope. "Tell me, young one. Do the words 'Slen tiid vo' mean anything to you?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

"I know them, elder, but know not what they mean. They have a strange resonance with me."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2014, 02:21:33 pm »

Mirmulnir's expression changes again, to that of massive confusion and excitement. "Then... Then this means..." he says to himself. "It appears that Akatosh's vague words to me were there for a reason," he tells you. "He told me: 'Wait for a dragon who raises the dead, for he shall find many paths when once there was one.' I, of course, presumed it foretold Alduin's return... However, I see now the path that Akatosh has set for me."

He looks towards Magnus, the sun. "You are too young to see Alduin on the flow of time. I see him clearly. He is near." Mirmulnir looks at you again. "But he may see you as a threat to his leadership. My duty is to protect you, so that those many paths shall not close."

After a few seconds, he laughs again. "Forgive my lack of manners. This is important news, but I should still at least let you speak. Tell me, young one. What is your name?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:00 pm »

Assume impressive pose and tell him.

Hope he doesn't burst out laughing.
Sig! Onol

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

( Flesh, Time, Negative? - Oh well, too late now)

Assume impressive pose and tell him.

Hope he doesn't burst out laughing.

+1 to this, I guess

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2014, 02:51:08 pm »

"My name is Droghrenteivo."

The elder nods in an interested manner. "Well, it has been good speaking to a fellow dovah," he tells you. "If you require aid, simply call my name. As a side note, your current hovel..." He gestures in the direction of your little graveyard. "...isn't really the best place for a dragon. Eldersblood Peak is on the top of that mountain."

He gestures again. "It has a Word Wall at the top. The things are very useful for learning shouts, as they bestow knowledge on the shouts they teach. As an added bonus, frost trolls line the path up to it, so there shouldn't be any bandit problems." He spreads his wings. "It has been good meeting you. If you'll excuse me, I have some bandits to restore my Thu'um's strength with." He grins, and then he is in the air and gone.

So, Mirmulnir, huh. And it seems that our prophecy will begin soon, and Alduin will return...

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:37 pm »

Fly up towards Eldersblood peak, but check to make sure nothing's around
Don't want to be ambushed by a frost troll and die, now, do we?

Also see if we can fit Fus into any shouts we know
and check out if we can strengthen ourself with a shout, something along the lines of Mul Fus Zun(!)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:23 pm »

You take flight, and fly up the mountain as the elder suggested. As he said, there are trolls on the steps that lead up to it, but they can't reach you when you're in midair. They should be able to act as guards until you can properly defend yourself. There is a troll at the very top, on the artificial plateau, but it is nothing more than a charred husk. Mirmulnir may have been resting here, or he might have been making it a better place for a young dovah. Either way, it's rather convenient.

You land. One word on the word wall is glowing, and you approach the wall, before reading it to yourself:

"Brothi raised this stone in memory of his son
Odrav Anvil-Hand
Who brought much honour to
Clan Red-Mountain"

And one word- Haal, 'Hand', -stands out. A chorus of ancient music touches your ears, a glow of ethereal energy enters your sight, and you move forwards, mesmerised...

WORD OF POWER LEARNED: Disam! ZUN, HAAL , ??. Weapon, Hand, ??.
WORD OF POWER LEARNED: Perfect Storm! ??, HAAL, ??. ??, Hand, ??.

The chorus fades, and the glow does as well. You now know the second word in two different shouts. Mirmulnir was right, these things are useful!

You take a look around from your shiny new perch. Not too much of interest. There's some sort of rather sturdy-looking building on the side of the Throat of the World, though...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:28:41 am by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2014, 07:28:55 am »

(minor edit yaaay!)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2014, 04:54:11 pm »

Ignore the Building
So far, the only buildings we've seen are built by mortals, who send us to unknown lands without a viable way to get back, or try to kill us. Useless. (For now)

Look around from our perch, then get a better aerial view of the nearby/not so nearby area.
See if we can pick out another wall such as our own with our keen eyesight.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2014, 07:04:02 pm »

Ignore the Building
So far, the only buildings we've seen are built by mortals, who send us to unknown lands without a viable way to get back, or try to kill us. Useless. (For now)

Look around from our perch, then get a better aerial view of the nearby/not so nearby area.
See if we can pick out another wall such as our own with our keen eyesight.

Sounds good to me. We would especially be interested in ruins, seeing as they could hold things of interest for us.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

With a snort of disdain towards the fort on the mountain, you take a look around. The air is very clear today. To the north, there is a town, that seems to be a logging-based town judging from the sawmill. The east is a far more interesting direction, as it has a giant ruin spanning the gap between your mountain and the other. Beyond that, at the very edge of your vision, there seems to be another dragon lair (although, considering Mirmulnir is the only other known dragon in Skyrim, you doubt that there's actually been a dragon there for thousands of years).

You can't quite tell from here, though, so you take off to see what you can see. You take a slow glide downwards, towards the massive ruin, and note that there are large numbers of frost trolls waddling around down there. Since you don't need them as guards, you take the opportunity to trip a particularly dumb-looking one up with a shout of Fus. With your troll-trolling done, you fly up towards the other dragon lair.

As you get a better angle on it, you can confirm that it is indeed a dragon lair, and it does indeed have a word wall. In front of it lies a shrine of some sort, and a bunch of floaty glowing things are floating around, with a larger one in the middle of them. You probably need to get a bit closer to both read the word wall and get a proper look at the glowy things.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41:01 pm »

(Okay, done some research *coughflewaroundasVampireLordtoseewhatIcouldseecough* and checked what's around. Keep searching, or take a look at the lair?)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »

Get a bit closer to the glory things and the Word Wall.
Sig! Onol

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2014, 03:10:27 pm »

You fly down towards the wall. You can hear the chanting noises from here. The glowy thing notices you...

"STAHDIM DRAAF, DRAAF THON DO IIZ"

(Your roll: 10)
(Wispmother's roll: 10, successful hit!)

The wind is knocked out of you as a barrage of ice collides with you, sapping your stamina in moments and chilling your blood to a dangerously low temperature. You desperately flap to stay airborne, but you can't stop losing altitude.

"GJOK DAAR DRAAF"

You turn away from the deadly wispmother and its offspring, and have to make a quick decision. You're definitely having a crash-landing, and there's three places open and flat enough to land in:

1. The troll-filled ruins
2. A shrine filled with cultists that you've noticed is just around the corner
3. The woodcutting city, although that might be a bit far away
4. A human path

Well this has gone horribly wrong in moments. Perhaps you could threaten the humans until they give you booze.

HEALTH: 20/120
STAMINA: 0/70
SHOUT STATUS: Gasping for breath
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7