Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Magic The Gathering Draft Roleplay, Co-GM's wanted (full up til then)  (Read 9669 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Magic The Gathering Draft Roleplay, Co-GM's wanted (full up til then)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »

((I'm sorry, what's supposed to be going on in my story? I've read it twice, and can't figure out what is supposed to be happening.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2014, 06:21:43 am »

((I'm sorry, what's supposed to be going on in my story? I've read it twice, and can't figure out what is supposed to be happening.))

(Visual Aid incoming).
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2014, 06:35:43 am »

I look up towards where the chirp sounded and try and catch that bird

Snatching up a rock, you aim carefully and let fly. Astoundingly you wing the bird to popular applause, who flaps off erratically, unsteadily coming ever closer to the ground. Now at tree height- now within them. Hell you could even track it. Some seem to be considering doing just that, though from hunger or vengeance is unclear.

What do you do?
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2014, 08:25:47 am »

Thanks to my brother once more
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w0d04xmzyp42fy/Desert%20Nomad.jpg

The outpost seems to be under attack. The druid was about to show you something, but is running away now. Some are trying to close the gate with a guard watching their back, one idiots running outside and the alarm's being sounded with some difficulty over the godawful din. A couple of clerics are getting up to something. One is kneeling for some reason and the other, an aven (a bird-man), is flying into the air.
Reading a thinner book

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 09:06:28 am »

The Skarrg mage rests in the trees, gazing down upon the chaos with calm green eyes.

Watch the fun unfold for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:47 am »

GreatWyrmGold:

Courtesy of my brother
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsrzjrwbwihhisg/Shrieking%20Drake%20%282%29.jpg (struggling to imbed it into the post)
Rolling plains sweep out before you, a river with a singular tree coursing through. A griffon shifts uncomfortably on it's arch, wings near aflutter, some bauble clutched in it's foreclaws. It seems perturbed by a fellow drake, which after some study inexplicably vanishes from sight to reappear somewhere else entirely. A rabbit gazes up at you, presumably in appropriate terror. Along the river bank you can spy a gleam, and to the east a merfolk reclines obliviously under the shade of a tree.

What do you do?
1. Do you know how to upload pictures to, say, tinypic or imgur?

2. Am I hungry? If so, eat rabbit. If not, spy on merfolk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:43 am »

The Skarrg mage rests in the trees, gazing down upon the chaos with calm green eyes.

Watch the fun unfold for now.

PrivateNomad:

The elvish ranger nods to you, hopping into position as an extra ray of light appears in the leaves. A ogre glances at you sideways and then her with a hungry look, but it will wait. This is a poor day for interlopers. Moving along a stout branch, you can almost make out the trio you've been tracking. One with huge footsteps, a man and a goblin. The hysterical chuckles of that goblin are cut short by a tremor which you suddenly realize was a voice, followed by frenzied thumps.

Someway behind you on the trail wafts a lilting voice, all else silent. The beam in the trees wavers and fades as the archer behind it pads away and then heedlessly charges toward the call, birds boiling out of the trees and branches snapping. The goblin roars squeakily.

Well then.
Reading a thinner book

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 11:14:49 am »

Join them in combat.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:59 am »

GreatWyrmGold:

Courtesy of my brother
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsrzjrwbwihhisg/Shrieking%20Drake%20%282%29.jpg (struggling to imbed it into the post)
Rolling plains sweep out before you, a river with a singular tree coursing through. A griffon shifts uncomfortably on it's arch, wings near aflutter, some bauble clutched in it's foreclaws. It seems perturbed by a fellow drake, which after some study inexplicably vanishes from sight to reappear somewhere else entirely. A rabbit gazes up at you, presumably in appropriate terror. Along the river bank you can spy a gleam, and to the east a merfolk reclines obliviously under the shade of a tree.

What do you do?
1. Do you know how to upload pictures to, say, tinypic or imgur?

2. Am I hungry? If so, eat rabbit. If not, spy on merfolk.

1. I can find out.

2. A few flyby's well away from the vanishing drake or the griffon reveal the merfolk singing something about waves and trees. A pouch with herbs and needles is propped against a rock.
Reading a thinner book

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

Snatching up a rock, you aim carefully and let fly. Astoundingly you wing the bird to popular applause, who flaps off erratically, unsteadily coming ever closer to the ground. Now at tree height- now within them. Hell you could even track it. Some seem to be considering doing just that, though from hunger or vengeance is unclear.

What do you do?

I begin to track the bird
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

Join them in combat.

You leap down, staff outstretched, ranger pouncing to the west as the ogre heaves down before you in a cascade of leaves. A oversized nightmare masquerading as a enforcer claws at the elf, batting away strikes every which way. The ogre looks more then satisfied with an extremely pointy goblin, but a mass of muscle which doesn't seem to feel anything is bearing down on you. The flesh is well-kept for a zombie, but failing to blink when kneecapped gives it away. The fight is dragging on too long and your breath falters.

(You can always use your abilities)
Reading a thinner book

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2014, 08:14:40 pm »

Oh, I'm inside the place. I thought I was outside.

See if there is a ladder I can go up to see over the wall, if not, ask someone if we're under attack or something.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »

Investigate pouch.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:19 pm »

Apologies for my absence. Tests came up and i had to disappear for a week. I'd appreciate a role call of all those who still bend to my will. New recruits can take up on the absences (don't worry, they've barely begun). One more thing: REPLIES WHICH ARE MORE THEN 4 WORDS LONG WITH SOME VESTIGE OF CHARACTER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SETTING AN EXAMPLE MASTAHCHEESE I MEAN WHY DO YOU THINK I DO THIS PLEASE DON'T LEAVE
. Catching up on the opening posts for some characters, more to follow.

Zanzetkuken The Great

Courtesy of my brother

Squandering the change you found in your pocket at the nearest greasy establishment you could find, you saunter across the cobbles of high street on your latest assignment.  Buildings loom either side of you, peripherally swaying as they reach for the inviting sky miles above the cityscape. Smog blankets the horizon, while in your vicinity nature gluttons in its abandon.

You stuff the rubbery meat down your gullet, strolling by some unscrupulous whores on a corner. They coo and gnash as you pass through their midst all gleaming armour and bravado.

You pass beneath yet another of the countless arches in the Selesnya quarter letting the steady current of the crowd carry you to your destination. You pick at some gristle wedged firmly between your molars as you take a turning heading into an even more run down part of town. As you advance the vegetation gets thicker, the buildings shabbier. Gang murals drape the ancient walls and filth stains the pavement. Fungus sprouts from open windows and clambers up the buildings either side of the street. Shifting the weight of your armour slightly you head down some more back alleys. The sun frames the indistinguishable ruin which the suspect has allegedly made their hideout.

Arriving, you squint up the façade of the apartment block. The encroaching fungus creeps amongst the eroded architecture. The heavy wooden door stands ajar. Down one end of the tight alley a Cleric slips pamphlets through letter boxes and beneath doors. Down the other end a strange long limbed creature gallivants from window ledge to treetop. You scratch your unshaven cheeks. Time to make a move.

The Target:

http://imgur.com/Bu0XcT4
Reading a thinner book

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

I am here to answer the roll call! I actually thought about bumping this today, but decided to wait until I got done with my other stuff first. Glad to see you beat me to it.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6