Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27840 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:10 pm »

Lasts as long on demon critter as anything else, ins'far as I'm aware. Confusion scrolls do horrible things to the poor bugger.

And yeah, if you've got the dakka and the saved up awakening charges, you can just flat 1-subjective-round the thing. Not even that hard with some of the more damaging builds (zenuuuurraaaaa).

But like half the times I've dropped it so far I didn't use awakening for the actual fight (mind you, those were also the punchy zenura ones which spew damage like they wrack up public indecency charges), so that's really up to you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2014, 10:00:38 pm »

At what point should I be using that sword?
If you have the inventory space then save it for the Demon Lord, IIRC holy weapons do bonus damage against him and on the higher difficulties he has a buttload of health. If you don't have much inventory space then feel free to use it right away.
Holy weapons also have the effect of instantly removing all layer's from the Demon lord's shield, meaning if you don't have much durability with one you can hit him once with it, then swap out to a different weapon and proceed to actually hurt him.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »

At what point should I be using that sword?
If you have the inventory space then save it for the Demon Lord, IIRC holy weapons do bonus damage against him and on the higher difficulties he has a buttload of health. If you don't have much inventory space then feel free to use it right away.
Holy weapons also have the effect of instantly removing all layer's from the Demon lord's shield, meaning if you don't have much durability with one you can hit him once with it, then swap out to a different weapon and proceed to actually hurt him.
Doh, wish I knew that before D:

Is there a way to get keys to that vault reliably other than hoping a chest/monster drops one? Sometimes I find three in a row and sometimes I find none. About to start hoarding stamina plants and picking my way in.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »

Ehn, you can stick keys in your dimensional vault. S'about the simplest way to build up a stock or whatev', but there's not really any other way of getting them than drops. Think they can be sold, too, but if so it's not common.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2014, 08:00:11 am »

Dammit. Found the queen in my naked hero run but I had a bounty so she attacked me then I died later because I got backstab.

She's in the middle of the map somewhere about 600km in 12Bay for anyone who don't know.
It seems every seed has the exact same town/dungeon/area locations/types.  Also the exact same friendly NPC spawn spots.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

Ehn, you can stick keys in your dimensional vault. S'about the simplest way to build up a stock or whatev', but there's not really any other way of getting them than drops. Think they can be sold, too, but if so it's not common.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:14 am »

Well, managed to get my first win last night using Walk in the Park mode on the Bay12 world.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »

So I did, a couple days ago, win that Hero game, unfortunately didn't have a holy weapon for the true ending. Got a nice-looking bow (would like to get some quality whetstones on it before I use it), stashed a seriously souped up eagle sword with ~155 durability and 4 quality mods on for a total -40% attrition, plus a ton of other mods, I think at least 3 mythicals.

Afterwards, took a seal key and an adventurer, got as far as 700-800 km surprisingly quickly before dying, but got the holy Elizabeth Axe and some holy armor I don't recall the name of. Not gonna lie, that axe is amazing. Always crit. My next goal is gonna be to score a win with each of the classes.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »

I made random generator which allows a user to randomly generate a character, pick a difficulty, pick a goal and choose a dimension. It generates the parameters but it's up to the player to actually follow through on them.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
Download As far as I know, it only works on Windows and requires at least Net Framework 3.5. I'm not sure if I'll ever update this unless there's some major bugs or big demand. Also, this is my first time posting a link to one of my programs where it'll get a significant amount of downloads so I can only hope it'll work fine for everyone.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 04:07:14 pm »

It told me to hit the end of the world in Walk in the Park. I've never actually tried this. I kinda want to try it to see if it can be done, but then I kinda don't cause it feels like it'd be a pain to keep trying to move away from the demon lord the entire time.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2014, 04:25:23 pm »

It told me to hit the end of the world in Walk in the Park. I've never actually tried this. I kinda want to try it to see if it can be done, but then I kinda don't cause it feels like it'd be a pain to keep trying to move away from the demon lord the entire time.
That sounds like an amazing challenge run, I'll have to try that. It would finally make tentacle weeds useful.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2014, 04:32:46 pm »

I've never had much trouble running from the demon lord personally. All you have to do is walk diagonally upwards/downwards alternating left to right to stay in basically the same pillar of space. Pretty much all of my characters are faster then he is, so all you need to do is wait for him to get a "stopped" in order to invert from going up to going down or vice-versa.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

I sometimes use the teleport pill to get the demon lord out of the way... or myself.  Pretty handy at times.  Tentacle Weed too, but I don't get the chance to use that as often.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2014, 05:11:54 pm »

I wasn't complaining about how hard it'd be, just that it'd be annoying to have to deal with it while trying to keep pace with the scaling of the mob's strength, if there is any at all during Walk in the Park. It didn't tell me maniac mode, so it's not as absurd with enough agility anyway.

But if we're discussing Demon Lord avoidance tactics... I like Force User's Paralyze, running through a town, running past a ghost. Scroll of Stonewall is also pretty funny if you enter the "Treasure Chest hiding a stack of mobs" dungeons. Just turn, read the scroll, walk away. There's also always good ol' high agility.

Running through town is pretty great when you know Demon Lord is almost ready to leave. "What's this? You have a Dark Brotherhood License and a Key of Seals to sell? Demon Lord! Help me out here." Bonus points if the merchant also has a buddy tablet.

Also, random tip that I forget sometimes. "Save Attendants are still merchants." Just enter the screen for buying save crystals. If you're carrying things for the sake of selling, don't forget about them if they're the only ones available in town. It's kind of hard to remember that when you're trying no save runs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2014, 09:41:16 pm »

Just picked this game up recently - it's a lot of fun!

I just became hero #10 of Bay12. That's an amazing world - one almost wonders if the creator of the game slipped it in as an easteregg... probably not, but 3 vaults all up front like that? Talk about some powerful loot potential! I even managed to find the key in the dungeon right outside the starting castle... then accidentally wasted it by throwing it against the sealed door, which left a little key-shaped dent in the door, but didn't open it... luckily, I had some major +lockpick skill, so just picked the door.

Anyway, that's my second win ever, and first win with on the second difficulty.

I also tried the special level they have up on today's list - were you get the king as a companion right at the start. came || this close to winning at 200k with a force user on the third difficulty level (on my first try, even) which would've been quite the feat. Unfortunately, instead of shooting a force arrow at him, I didn't notice I still had my blessed sword equipped (to break his shields), so my character swung, missed, and was hit for lethal damage when the demon lord had - maybe - 5% health left, if that.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13