Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27841 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

Got to the demon lord as a brawling hunter, only to kill myself with a vial of flame when I accidentally hit 'use' instead of 'throw'. >____>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2014, 10:54:33 am »

Got to the demon lord as a brawling hunter, only to kill myself with a vial of flame when I accidentally hit 'use' instead of 'throw'. >____>
Everytime I try to open temple doors with the seal key, I accidentally throw the key at the door and waste it. Every single time so far.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

... I actually thought you had to throw the key at the door, the first time. Didn't see a use option standing beside it, didn't think to talk to the door again. Tossed the key at the door, with obvious (lack of) effect. Wasn't the most amused of individuals after that :P

E: Oh dear. The epic sapphic love between an undead queen and a streaking world savior. Such romance! And most of it occurring in the middle of a massive snow field, which has got to just be uncomfortable all around. Is it attraction, or just an exothermic reaction‽ Find out next episode, I guess...

E2: Oh wow, that twilight reference.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:47:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:36 pm »

E: Oh dear. The epic sapphic love between an undead queen and a streaking world savior. Such romance! And most of it occurring in the middle of a massive snow field, which has got to just be uncomfortable all around. Is it attraction, or just an exothermic reaction‽ Find out next episode, I guess...
I had the same thing happen to me when I first met the queen, only I happened to be playing a female hero at the time (the dialog doesn't change except for he/she's). Must have been a fairly open-minded kingdom. :P

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2014, 02:19:34 pm »

Yeah, also female hero. Form C or whatever, if you want to be particular. Hence the statement of saphhic love :P

The twilight reference, by the by?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2014, 02:32:34 pm »

Yep. I am pretty much experiencing this with my first Hero run. Oneshots everything including boxes, almost no exceptions. I'm at about 1900 km in but I'm so sleep deprived I'm taking a break for now and actually saving for once. I haven't been able to locate a holy weapon, unfortunately. This game just seems to go on forever when you're going the distance.

That's going to be a short lived reload when you get back to that game then. Enjoy the epic music!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2014, 04:19:35 pm »

Yeah, also female hero. Form C or whatever, if you want to be particular. Hence the statement of saphhic love :P

The twilight reference, by the by?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm almost sure she said that when I was using a male knight as well..... maybe she might be talking about a certain Lord instead.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2014, 07:32:11 pm »

Yeah, I think from now on I'm going to just try playing in BAY12, and getting killed a ton so you guys can confirm if you ever find me.
Already got murdered by brigands after I found Helen's ghost.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 06:42:03 pm »

Adventurer is harder than I thought.

Only have 4 perk slots and am using all agi start. My upgraded sword is worn out and my demon lord armor is at half health. All I have to show for it is one holy sword.

At what point should I be using that sword?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »

Use it now.  Before it is too late...  Especially if you don't have enough room in your dimension storage to fit it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 07:41:11 pm »

Bought this game when it came out on Steam a little while ago. It is so amazing, I'm trying to 100% the achievements at the moment.

Adventurer is harder than I thought.

Only have 4 perk slots and am using all agi start. My upgraded sword is worn out and my demon lord armor is at half health. All I have to show for it is one holy sword.

At what point should I be using that sword?

If you have the inventory space then save it for the Demon Lord, IIRC holy weapons do bonus damage against him and on the higher difficulties he has a buttload of health. If you don't have much inventory space then feel free to use it right away.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2014, 08:05:59 pm »

@Tally. You'll end up with a nice bow very soon (is it 2000km or 4000km till the end?)

On busting boxes, anything with plenty of damage can do it quickly (or combo strikes). Sallucias staff one hits most of them in any case. Not the best use for a holy weapon, but whatever. It actually seems like the pirate's biggest bonus is "starts with an axe" when you're starting out. Vault that thing for any future adventures and you're set, regardless of what you do/don't find.

The staff is nice though. Better for force users, but good for everyone. One shots heaps of creatures, opens walls, opens chests, does better magic. Probably the best all-round item in the game. Or just shadow a pirate so you can vault an axe and do the same thing (but worse and not in one shot. But it's the easiest way to cheese-start a run).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:30:49 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2014, 08:16:26 pm »

Dammit. Found the queen in my naked hero run but I had a bounty so she attacked me then I died later because I got backstab.

She's in the middle of the map somewhere about 600km in 12Bay for anyone who don't know.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

For the demon lord (unless you want/can befriend him), is it just a matter of saving awakenings and beating the snot out of him? Is he even effected by time-stop? Or is it just a health item: whaling on him question?
It's a game. Have fun.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2014, 09:02:37 pm »

Everything works on pretty much everything, there's no such thing as contractual boss immunity. Even things like tentacle weed work; albeit only shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13