Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27886 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 02:01:28 am »

What sorcery?  I've not been able to get far with swordmaster... yet, I've beaten it with a knight twice.  Why are you people different?

Totally worth the less then 3 bucks.

And yea...  I should probably try making friends with the demon lord.  I actually kited him along quite a ways to see where that went, eventually got bored and ended him.  He did personally kill a few towns and if he gets sucked into the darkness, he comes back fully replenished.

EDIT
Say do -durability attrition effects stack? I got like, -70 on a grand sword along with a bunch of effects and I'm wondering if I can hit -100 and make it essentially unbreakable.
  Yes, I just stacked 2 on a single sword.   Experimenting with that.  I think I'm gonna try to 100% a long sword or something not too heavy.  I wish axes were lighter.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:03:50 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:06 am »

I had trouble with the Knight, don't know why, but swordmaster was just so easy for me.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 02:08:45 am »

The answer to all your problems is: Agility, agility, agility!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:47 am »

I tend to go 50/50 strength and agility...

Maybe I am also relying on the Knight's shield a lot, which would otherwise get the swordsmaster dead.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 03:45:30 am »

Maybe I am also relying on the Knight's shield a lot, which would otherwise get the swordsmaster dead.
That would definitely do it, IMO swordsmasters depend fairly heavily on one-shoting anything they go up against with huge combos before it ever has a chance to actually hit them; one of the reason's I've had better luck with a pure +AGI swordsmaster build than a half and half one.

Just managed to beat the Dark Lord for the first time on my very first hunter run, in large part due to that amazing wolf-healer girl who let me get by with a fairly light weapon and still smash all the walls and chests that needed to be smashed.
Spoiler: Story Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Surprisingly I actually started to wittle away at the demon lord's hp starting about the 4th time he showed up with my bow, though I broke my bow shortly afterwards and eventually just resorted to a lucky flaming axe I found along the way. Sadly forgot to take a screenshot on winning, so here is one of the end of the replay (Ending ranks were: Level - C, Distance - S, Battle Grade - A, Treasure - S).
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
I do wish that quivers/shields were in a different slot from rings and other accessories though. It seems strange that I have to take my rings/necklaces off in order to put on a shield or a quiver. (Also I found that if you smash down the wall into the dark brotherhood's house instead of actually getting in through the door they all just stand there staring at you, it's kinda creepy. :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:26 am »

I do wish that quivers/shields were in a different slot from rings and other accessories though. It seems strange that I have to take my rings/necklaces off in order to put on a shield or a quiver. (Also I found that if you smash down the wall into the dark brotherhood's house instead of actually getting in through the door they all just stand there staring at you, it's kinda creepy. :P)

Hmm when I did that they all became hostile but I did kill a few horses and foxes which also made me kill a few Jade forest people so I dunno if that was related. Also killed a temple guard because I thought he was lying....he wasn't.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 06:27:01 am »

It actually makes sense to me.  Shields held by the hands wouldn't have enough room in the shield handle for a hand with a ring, plus the finger with the ring would hurt if someone hit the shield.

Quivers are slung over the back by a strap that typically runs from neck-to-waist, and would push the necklace into the neck (it's possible to wear both, but not comfortable for any length of time).

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »

I tend to stick with Swordmaster and Hero classes. Knight's a bit too slow for me, particularly when I run 5x Masterful stroke for 50% crit rate. No lockpicking problems for me!

Is there any way to get Buddy Tablets? The only way I know of is from Dosey but her campaign's no longer active.

Also, made it to 2,000km distance. Achievement get!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 12:29:51 pm »

Is there any way to get Buddy Tablets? The only way I know of is from Dosey but her campaign's no longer active.
Pray to your local RNG Diety. (Though, I have seen it as a random thing on the ground once.)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 12:49:12 pm »

Dark Brotherhood normally has the buddy tablets and other high end items, easy to make god level weapons with those scrolls.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 01:46:10 pm »

Dark Brotherhood normally has the buddy tablets and other high end items, easy to make god level weapons with those scrolls.
I don't even know how to unlock em, what do I do?  Murder everyone?  ... I should do that with my knight.  At least I am semi-confident that I'd be able to do so and still be able to solo the vampire.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 01:49:11 pm »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Those stupid Dragon warriors!  >:(

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 01:50:38 pm »

You either need to get lucky and find a licence, or instead of murdering other people you can murder them, that can raise your bounty level though and until that goes down you might not be able to use villages, unless you don't mind more murdering.

Queen was not pleased with me....

also general tip, really don't skimp out on awakenings.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »

You guys are making this game sound completely awesome.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:39 pm »

Its not very hard when it is completely awesome.  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13