Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27871 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 07:37:33 pm »

...  Has anyone seen a recruitable NPC anywhere other then the special daily maps?
Are you playing on the easiest difficulty? I'm pretty sure they don't show up on that one ("No Partners!").
Ah, I see, I should probably read that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »

So I tried out the world "Bay12" having heard of the previous poster's experience and it is truly amazing. There are the first 2 holy shrines near the top in the first 100 km, and then there is a 3rd one around the 106 km mark. (Also RNG gave me a Dark brotherhood license in the very first dungeon, though I'm not sure if that will transfer over to future games on the same world). Of course said dungeon also nearly got me killed and required me to use all 5 of my awakenings to lockpick the door before the darkness came, a thing that would later cause my death due to bandits when my artifact armor shattered in the middle of the fight.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2014, 08:05:25 pm »

Dear lord.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2014, 08:22:33 pm »

Blargh why u no lvl up vitality stupid game!

Level 30 hunter with 120 hp and I get one shot by a villanous hound with 1hp.......

Lesson to be learned is as a hunter just run the heck away all the time....

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2014, 08:26:50 pm »

Yeah, after playing entirely as melee classes, starting up a hunter is hard.
Don't even get me started on force-users.  ::)

Go find a goddess statue to turn in your levels for vit.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:57 pm »

Agi + a fairly nice bow lets hunters wreck most things before they even get close. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

In one of my runs (which I had to quit without being able to save) I tried a swordmaster who took nothing but brawler perks, because why not.
Surprisingly effective.
That build was actually my first win. Easiest difficulty, but whatev'.

Bracelet of resolve (sexy thing. Accuracy, crit, what more do you need?), three pro-wrestler perks. Stacked as much agility as I could, for mo' combo. Actually ended up laying into endboss dude for like 500+ damage/turn. Unarmed is pretty brutal. Biggest sadness is you can't enchant your firsts, though... that would have been great. Did end up lucking onto an axe for breaking down walls and chests and junk, so I guess it wasn't pure fisticuffs... Would definitely suggest doing the same, though. Punches are crap vs. walls and whatnot. Bloody weak vs. skeletons, too, unfortunately.

Confusion's pretty great vs. endboss, by the by. Keep that scroll around, if you find one.

Spoiler: picture thingy (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2014, 09:12:53 pm »

Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »

Yeah, after playing entirely as melee classes, starting up a hunter is hard.
Don't even get me started on force-users.  ::)

Go find a goddess statue to turn in your levels for vit.

The few goddess statues that I found had the coincidental timing of Demon Lord spawning or were filled with phantom knights and dragon soldiers so not enough time to get in.

I haven't really had trouble as a force user. On Afternoon stroll w/o vault and finding an early tangleroot I killed DL on first appearance with lots of meditation and a few awakenings, I think in gruesome it might be possible if you get selacias staff as a holy weapon early on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2014, 09:37:09 pm »

Never really had a problem with normal enemies, they generally die to a single round due to tricked out crit rates.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:26 pm »

Note to self... you can't swim over lava.  I'd never have made it out of that area in time anyways.

Also, apparently I found a piece of EPIC armor.  Around 50% chance to nullify fire.  I jerryrigged it.  That thing kept me alive through thick and thin.

Infected Villages?  Can anything be done about that?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Chronomancer

• Bay Watcher
  • save.us_Y2J
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 11:35:54 pm »

PTW.

Man, Jade Hunters are fast as fuck.
I LOST THE GAME

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:33 pm »

Whenever I find epic stoof I end up storing it until I either die or reach the end; and then it gets thrown into the vault which I never use. 

So I have like 3 super-ultra-mega-uber grand/eagle blades with like 3.7x attack rate and -70-ish durability attrition along with essentially untouched epic super-modded armor. :P

Infected villages and destroyed villages seem to be random with no real way to avoid it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 11:53:58 pm »

Having a lot of fun with this, I beat the game on Easy before too long, with the Swordmaster Class. Agility seems to be the way to go! (And the pet perk, because cute dog!)

So items stored in the vault keep their same durability, correct? This makes me a bit sad, I guess it means you can't keep the same epic weapon forever?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13