Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46971 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:02 pm »

Jakme looks at you confusedly, and then looks back at the book.

"Oh, no, I misquoted. Let me just summarize this..."

Jakme thinks for a moment, and speaks again.

"Ok, look. The specter you encountered was called "The King of Death" because he overpowered the embodiment of death itself. The nine of you must defeat him in battle before he gains a true mortal form. If he gains a physical form, he will regain his old power, so we can't let that happen; rather, we must defeat him in his current state. The scouts and I, potentially my fellow eladrin wizard, are going to try to track the specter so that you can fulfill the prophecy. And you can't fulfill it if you're dead, but he'll destroy the world uninhibited if you do die. So basically, we have to kill him before he kills us as soon as possible. You are, from what I've heard, the heroes, but you must travel to the Prophecy Temple in the forest to prove yourselves. There you will find many more answers."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:57 pm »

"You know, there is another option..."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:35:58 pm by The Ensorceler »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2014, 01:15:52 pm »

((I thought you were in the throne room.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:32 pm »

((I thought the speech was in the throne room. Oops.))

"Rejoice, for we have found these few baubles, unsurpassed by you, who sit before us now."

(Flattery check! Diplomacy +1)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:17 pm »

((I'll level up my dude in a minute.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

"Ok, look. The specter you encountered was called "The King of Death" because he overpowered the embodiment of death itself. The nine of you must defeat him in battle before he gains a true mortal form. If he gains a physical form, he will regain his old power, so we can't let that happen; rather, we must defeat him in his current state. The scouts and I, potentially my fellow eladrin wizard, are going to try to track the specter so that you can fulfill the prophecy. And you can't fulfill it if you're dead, but he'll destroy the world uninhibited if you do die. So basically, we have to kill him before he kills us as soon as possible. You are, from what I've heard, the heroes, but you must travel to the Prophecy Temple in the forest to prove yourselves. There you will find many more answers."
"Oh, that makes considerable more sense. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I do have another question, but I'm sure the answer will reveal itself in time.
If you'll excuse me, I'll be off.
"

David trains, then goes to the library, looking for information on this 'Prophecy Temple'.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2014, 10:49:36 pm »

Agree with the Halfling, while looking noble and formidable. ((Maybe helpful intimidate check? Although I'm not sure what it would help with...))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2014, 12:59:38 am »

Head to someone who can talk to the royals for me and tell them about the whole troll incident, as well as the killer ghost that's out for them. Let them know I'd appreciate some kind of reward for risking my life like this and that I'm currently looking for a well paying job.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:55 am »

Gharahrn decides to go do some services for the temple of Enkrol.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:06 am »

((Might be time to fastforward a little, DM.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2014, 03:20:16 pm »

((Oh, yeah, sorry about that. Been caught up in a lot of other stuff lately.))

Follow Jakme.
So, where is the Profecy Temple? And in how much time do we leave for it? I will do my best to get preparations ready. Also, if you can, do you happen to have some ritual books so I can copy them into my spellbook?

Jakme responds,

"The temple is somewhere in the woods; I shall use old maps in the library to locate it. You should leave in about a week. Lastly, yes, there is a book containing a ritual known as the Transformation Ritual in the library."

"Oh, that makes considerable more sense. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I do have another question, but I'm sure the answer will reveal itself in time.
If you'll excuse me, I'll be off.
"

David trains, then goes to the library, looking for information on this 'Prophecy Temple'.

You are now level 2!

In the library, you discover that the temple supposedly had the Prophecy of the King of Death written down on a stone tablet, guarded by a monster that would heed for only the heroes. It is supposedly deep in the forest, past several dangerous spots in the woods.

Agree with the Halfling, while looking noble and formidable. ((Maybe helpful intimidate check? Although I'm not sure what it would help with...))

((I thought the speech was in the throne room. Oops.))

"Rejoice, for we have found these few baubles, unsurpassed by you, who sit before us now."

(Flattery check! Diplomacy +1)

The Halflady is very pleased that you have returned her jewels. She asks you to come back in a week or so with the rest of the gem-recoverers for a hefty reward.

Head to someone who can talk to the royals for me and tell them about the whole troll incident, as well as the killer ghost that's out for them. Let them know I'd appreciate some kind of reward for risking my life like this and that I'm currently looking for a well paying job.

You return to Jakme, since he is on good terms with the royals and already knows about the incident. He tells you:

"The Halflady has declared that the gem-recoverers will be rewarded in one week for their heroism."

Then, he notes the last part of your statement, and speaks again:

"You shouldn't go get a job now. You're one of the legendary heroes, and you must travel into the temple in a week. There is no time for you to hold a mundane job."
Gharahrn decides to go do some services for the temple of Enkrol.

You step up to the shrine. It seems to praise both Enkol and Odorf. You pay homage to the Law Sage, and a voice rings in your ears:
"You have done well, my worshiper. I grant upon thee the second level of greatness!"

You are now level 2.

TO EVERYONE:
If you were not already level 2, you now are.

THE QUEST IS COMPLETE!

Alright, I'll start the next one tomorrow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2014, 03:45:56 pm »

David looks for a map of the forest that he can take. If he cant find one to take, he copies one.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:10 pm »

((Ummm.... I have the Arcane, Divine, and Martial Handbook and I can't seem to find the Transformation Ritual.))

((THAT'S 'CAUSE I INVENTED IT
To work with the setting better, I'm inventing all my own rituals. Sorry if there's one you wanted that I don't come up with-- give me the deets on it and I'll try to adapt it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »

"Hero? Well... If you say so... Aren't you buying into this whole prophecy stuff a bit too much though?"

Erza asks around for information about this temple and about this prophecy, trying to find out as much as she could about both.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2014, 06:00:53 pm »

Well then, I bid you goodbye.

(Are we spending a week in the city, or montage-ing?)

Visit the bar, looking for the other thieves. I have questions for them.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39