Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 210953 times)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:45 am »

Ow.......more greenskins!  :D What about adding trolls? They could be part of the orc and the goblin forces as well.  8)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2015, 09:23:49 am »

Will Battle Brothers be getting pikes as well?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 25, 2015, 11:01:07 am »

They already have pikes :)

And Halberds :D

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 25, 2015, 11:16:48 am »

Don't forget pitchforks! :D

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 25, 2015, 03:48:28 pm »

From the LPs I have seen they have spears and bill hooks, havent seen pikes and halberds yets.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 25, 2015, 05:31:47 pm »

From the LPs I have seen they have spears and bill hooks, havent seen pikes and halberds yets.

Pikes are better pitchforks and Halberds are better Bill Hooks. Dunno what LPs you have seen but they seem pretty good weapons to have later on. I love giving them to my archers so once those werewolves and zombies get close in they can easily overwhelm them without risking hitting own men in close combat. Pike and spearwall combo also seems good like an old time phalanx but Orcs can still ruin that, Orcs ruin everything :(

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »

Pikes are better pitchforks and Halberds are better Bill Hooks. Dunno what LPs you have seen but they seem pretty good weapons to have later on. I love giving them to my archers so once those werewolves and zombies get close in they can easily overwhelm them without risking hitting own men in close combat. Pike and spearwall combo also seems good like an old time phalanx but Orcs can still ruin that, Orcs ruin everything :(
Can you send me a link to where these are in use? All I have seen is Bumpy's LP which was mostly spears and billhooks and one handed weapons, then also an axe and 2h sword.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2015, 02:35:24 am »

Ow.......more greenskins!  :D What about adding trolls? They could be part of the orc and the goblin forces as well.  8)
We would so love to have enemies in the game that take up more than one tile! Unfortunately, this will require some modifications to the engine which we are a bit reluctant to take on right now. We will do it eventually though ;)
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2015, 02:36:50 am »

Quick note: There are no halberds yet, just pitchforks, pikes and Billhooks. We have a massive armory backlog though so there will be more new weapons through the Early Access.
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2015, 11:34:02 am »

Hmm I thought I saw some Halberds in a Castle. I guess I was mistaken, apologies.

Pikes definitely exist though :D

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2015, 12:57:31 am »

I hate wraiths so much. I almost ragequit when I ran into some with werewolves. I didn't have any defenders high enough level to resist them, and there were at least six. My stupid fault for engaging them. But I managed to take them all out and only lose 8/12 of my brothers. The remaining four will never forget.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2015, 01:28:40 am »

A little suggestion - could the initial battle brothers be limited to warrior-like backgrounds? Yes, they do get that founding member-perk, but if they all happen to be naked beggars, it doesn't do much on its own. Perhaps starting difficulty option could modify this, so you could play a bunch of naked beggars if you like.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2015, 02:22:43 am »

There are already plans...or at least considerations and discussion on having a different starting system. I think the consensus seemed to be stacked towards a point system where you "buy" your starting members and pay based on background gear and skills

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2015, 02:39:38 am »

A little suggestion - could the initial battle brothers be limited to warrior-like backgrounds? Yes, they do get that founding member-perk, but if they all happen to be naked beggars, it doesn't do much on its own. Perhaps starting difficulty option could modify this, so you could play a bunch of naked beggars if you like.

We already excluded certain backgrounds from the starting characters like for example the beggar. We do not want to reduce the choice of starting characters too much as it would become boring rather quickly if you have more or less the same guys every time you start a new game.

We also have a rework planned of how you determine your starting force at the beginning of the game and it will give you some freedom of choice when determining what kind of company you are and which guys you start with. Until that is in the game we will probably have to have another look at the really "weak" backgrounds and exclude some more from the starting Bros.
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2015, 02:46:48 am »

If I could have my way with you, I'd add a short dialogue-like company creation in the beginning, like in some old CRPGs. So you'd answer a bunch of questions like "Your company was formed to.... A) protect the innocents, B) make loads of money, C) destroy the kingdom of Nerdgasm, D) become the most fearsome force of dastardly bastards in the realm" which would determine the starting situation, maybe even procedurally generating a sort of plot to the background.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 98