Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)  (Read 6974 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 3. Escape shuttle: unlocked (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 11:16:26 am »

"Hey guys! I got the shuttle door open!"

Grab a gun and a knife from the lockers, and some basic survival stuffs if I can carry it easily. then go sit in the piloting chair and check out the console

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »

"Hey guys! I got the shuttle door open!"

"Ah, wonderful. I'd recommend that everyone boards immediately. It'd be safer than staying on... this craft where are now."

Head to the shuttle. Examine the control panel(s) in the shuttle to see what they do. Try not to touch anything.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 2! (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

The voice from the intercom booms once more:
"Fuel cell removed. Power reserves low. At present rate of power consumption, estimated seven hours remaining. Recommend immediate refueling or evacuation."
"Eep!"

Run into the shuttle!
If the lockers are for some reason not in the shuttle, grab some stuff from them as I pass!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »

Follow the others into the shuttle, get something to hold water and somekind of weapon.

"Hey guys, slow down, there's so much interesting stuff.... Ok, fine.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 09:31:06 pm »

"Hey guys, slow down, there's so much interesting stuff.... Ok, fine.

"I know, but it would be wise to leave before, well, before we all die horribly."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »

Try to use the touch screen to determine how to re-pressurize the hangar
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 4 (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 01:15:27 am »

Argos: Turn 4
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Onfa is positively fascinated by the pressurized pipes that run along the wall. So fascinated, in fact, she seems completely oblivious to anything else that is happening. Sure, she might have seen Felicia fiddling with the airlock's controls in the corner of her eye, but she didn't think anything of it. These pipes were so mysterious. What could be inside? What purpose do they serve? She approaches them and can not draw her eyes away from their majestic metal construction. She vows to uncover the truth and devotes herself to figuring out these pipes. She is, of course, all talk — despite these concrete resolutions, she's no closer to figuring out their purpose than before. That said, she can't help but feel that she's worked with pipes like these in the past. Maybe it was her job or something?

Bert opens up the shiny metal lockers and takes stock of the inventory. There are some basic rations, food + water, as well as several backpacks. He slings a pack around his back and tosses in some rations. The pistols come with waist holsters, so he puts one on. There's even a sheath for a knife, so he slides a knife into the holster too, then proceeds over to the pilot's console and sits down. He's had some luck with these machines before but just can't make heads nor tails of this one, though after staring at it for a while, he feels like he can remember something about his past. He feels like he used to use these computers frequently before.

Tactius walks confidently over to the shuttle, taking a seat by Bert in the copilot's chair. The panels flicker to life as he sits. He successfully contains his urge to begin touching things at random, instead examining with his eyes rather than fingers. The screens are mostly empty, but a small block of text in the center reads:
Charge full.
Scan complete.
Planet is habitable.
Ready for launch.

Angel senses something isn't right. After Tactius destroyed the fuel cell, things have gone south. Even while Onfa is preoccupied with those useless pipes and Felicia is struggling with the hangar, she realizes she should join the rest of the group in the escape shuttle. She heads over to the shuttle hallway but trips and smacks her nose on the floor. Ow. She clumsily stands up and is helped into the shuttle by Matt Ross who was headed the same way.

After helping Angel in, Matt enters as well and checks the lockers much like Bert. He grabs a backpack and notes that the rations come with flasks filled with fluid, likely water. He too grabs a holster and attaches it around his waist, then takes a seat across from Angel in the rear of the shuttle.

Meanwhile, Felicia begins to fiddle with the hangar airlock's console. If those other jerks can mess around with computers then she sure as hell can too. She taps on the screen a bit. It flashes red and some words fly by. She ignores them and taps some more. The airlock lights are flashing red even more violently now. Felicia continues tapping on the screen. The word "Override?" slide by and she, of course, taps on it. She's gonna repressurize that room and get those doors open and show everyone she's useful too. Her wish is granted. After tapping one final time on a confirmation prompt, she's done it. The airlock slides open. And with it accompanies a literal sonic boom as the air pressure of both rooms equalizes. Felicia, standing immediately next to the airlock, is affected most by the explosive decompression.

She tries, in vain, to grab onto something but is whisked off her feet before she manages. She's sucked out of the maintenance room and into the hangar. It is large. And dark. Luckily, she didn't even have time to try to hold her breath so when her lungs suddenly expand there isn't any significant damage. Then her arm smacks into what might be a support beam and it snaps like a twig. She almost loses consciousness from the pain and sudden acceleration, but she barely manages to keep it together. She drifts through the hangar, rotating quickly, her forward velocity having been mostly converted to rotational velocity following the impact with the support beam. There is no artificial gravity in this room. The air is exceedingly thin and there probably isn't enough oxygen to survive for more than a few minutes.

Onfa is also affected by the decompression, but less so, given her distance from the airlock. The air pressure of the maintenance room rapidly decreases and she's knocked over. She's having some difficulty breathing and feeling light-headed, but manages to stand back up.

The escape shuttle's doors quickly locked following the sudden change in pressure outside the hallway. The people inside the shuttle are surprised but otherwise mostly unaffected by what's going on outside.
Spoiler: Bert Rogers (Pancaek) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (dewboy) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 4: Explosive decompression. (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 01:25:50 am »

drift back towards the main room.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:02 am »

Tacitus turns to address everyone in shuttle, "Ah, good news everyone. It appears that we're orbiting a habitable planet. Once the other arrive I shall try to launch the shuttle. I would suggest you all suit up in the meantime."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:53 am »

Dammit, dammit, dammit, Onfa wasn't sure where exactly the interface was to repressurize the room and she didn't have time to find it.
Run/launch myself full speed towards the hangar. Try to find an airlock on the shuttle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:04 am »

Tacitus turns to address everyone in shuttle, "Ah, good news everyone. It appears that we're orbiting a habitable planet. Once the other arrive I shall try to launch the shuttle. I would suggest you all suit up in the meantime."
Nod. Rub my hurt nose.

Put on a spacesuit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

"This isn't right, it was made by people, for people. Ergo, I should be able to use this. Somehow. I think."

Put on a spacesuit, then attempt to get to know how the console works some more. Surely this thing must work!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:00:33 pm by Pancaek »

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 06:34:48 pm »

"Yes sir Mr. Pilot"
Salute sarcastically before putting on a space suit, examine gun so I know how to use it if I need to.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:32 pm »

"Yes sir Mr. Pilot"
Salute sarcastically before putting on a space suit, examine gun so I know how to use it if I need to.

"I no pilot, but no one else has stepped forward for the job."

Put on a spacesuit and head back to the pilot seat.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 07:00:12 pm »

"I no pilot, but no one else has stepped forward for the job."

Bert looks up when he hears this and looks at Tactius
"Yes, hi, I'm Bert. I was in the pilot's seat from before you entered the shuttle. I guess one could take that as 'stepping forward.' Do feel free to fiddle around with the console, just try not to launch before everyone's on board."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7