Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77848 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2014, 06:09:23 pm »

4mask: Please give me your other reasons for suspecting TDS other than his irresponsible voting habits, which Graknorke mentioned.

Everyone, especially mastahcheese: If this is how people react to a supposed bus, why does anybody do it?
I went after him on the grounds of statement of falsehood, fallacious logic, and scum-oriented play.  Which you already know, if you know I attacked him on the grounds of voting habits, because that was right in the mix.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »

LARD: To me, you're Trying Too Hard To Appear Town. While this is a beginner's mafia, and we are all prone to having a really bad game because we're beginners, this cannot alleviate all of the slips you are making. Insinuating you're town, blaming someone of OMGUS'ing while blaming another of being too vague with their arguments, et cetera.

Can you make your arguments compelling to me?

As per your question,

4mask: Please give me your other reasons for suspecting TDS other than his irresponsible voting habits, which Graknorke mentioned.

Everyone, especially mastahcheese: If this is how people react to a supposed bus, why does anybody do it?

Because it appears as if you -have- bussed. You manage to correctly guess one of the scum on the first day, and start heavily implying you're town because of it because you were slipping at the start of the game with your scumtells. If you are Mafia, that's a dead give-away. If you're town, well, I guess you're learned your lesson on what makes you definitely, irrevocably town to everyone else (HINT: Nothing :P).

MastahCheese: You are tunneling on LARD. Why aren't you checking in on other people's stories? 4Mask for example? Or Tiruin? Tiruin's hella hard to catch if she's scum, let me tell you. Though I think you were there for that game.

Tiruin: What's your stance on the situation? I want to hear it from you mostly because you have pretty words but also because I'd like to see what you're making of this all.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:15 pm »

Whoops Tiruin was lynched.

4Mask: You have the question directed at Tiruin.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »

What question?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »

What question?

Tiruin: What's your stance on the situation? I want to hear it from you mostly because you have pretty words but also because I'd like to see what you're making of this all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

What question?

Why thank you for saying I have pretty words :P
I believe that I have already made my stance clear.  If I had to order people in order of how much I think that they are scum, I would say, LARD, then TDS, then everyone else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:08 pm »

I don't understand how people misunderstand, "Mastahcheese, your arguments are repetitive and weren't valid in the first place. I do not wish to talk on the subject anymore." as me giving up under his accusations or backing off.
There is a reason for everything--a reason why the argument exists and is presented towards or against you.
I was ded not lynched. :I
Insinuating you're town[...]
Do note, everyone, that if you are town--saying that you are town is never a convincing standpoint.

I've pretty words?
Pew pew! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
     Familiar, no?
What I'm making of this, is...
I'll get back to this later. :X Busy exam'sing

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2014, 11:23:47 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[2] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar, LARD
[1] mastahcheese: Persus13
[3] LARD: mastahcheese, 4maskwolf, Pufferfish
[1] TheDarkStar: Graknorke

Day 2 ends on Tuesday 12:00 PM MST in approximately 15 hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2014, 11:34:38 pm »

MastahCheese: You are tunneling on LARD. Why aren't you checking in on other people's stories? 4Mask for example? Or Tiruin? Tiruin's hella hard to catch if she's scum, let me tell you. Though I think you were there for that game.
Well, for one: I have difficulty multi-tasking once I'm focused on something, which I really need to work on.
As for checking on 4mask, I don't view him as scum right now, TDS seems scummier in my eyes, but everything I would question him on is being asked by someone else already, so I'm making sure to watch the responses even if I don't comment on them.
As for chasing Tiruin, she is dead. I wasn't in the game where she was scum, that was the BM before I joined Mafia.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:14 am »

Okay, here I am.
Pufferfish: that vote you just put on me could get you lynched.  It seems a lot like what EHF did.  You piggyback on everybody else and come up with nothing original, but everything other than your rip off of mastahcheese is vague.  But I have more pressing issues. I have attempted to make compelling arguments below, but if you find the anemic squitter that 4mask and mastahcheese have been throwing at me compelling, I'm afraid there's not much I can do.

Mastahcheese: I urge you to reconsider.  I have said before that I only mentioned that I was likely to be town when I was trying to make a point about something else.  I have also said that trying to appear town is not an absolute scumtell.  For me, appearing town is a great advantage for a town because it helps add weight to one's words.  You say I am trying to hard to appear town and yet you force me to bring it up over and over again by making the same argument at me.

Everyone: is it frowned upon to look at the times people post, compare that to how long the night took and use that as evidence?

As for my vote on 4mask, This is my reasoning, and I believe that it is better than anybody has on me.
He voted on me right at morning and that seems to fit right in with the mafia's plan.
Jumping on me with almost nothing.

...LARD.  The vote switching confirms it.  You don't care which one of us gets lynched, because you are the scum.  You don't even ask TDS any questions, you just say "Well, I'm going to try to avoid a tie".  Only a scum or a townie who thinks he's caught scum would care about that, and you aren't staying on target.  You're making the vague accusation of "one of you is guilty because argument" and trying to get one of us lynched.  You've covered your tracks well, but the kill on Tiruin is, as you said, a beginner mistake.  One that a beginner would make.  You're a beginner.  A savvy one, but still a beginner, and this is where you slipped up.
    Avoiding a tie is a noble deed
    Based on the premise that it was a beginner mistake
    I do care who is lynched, I just wanted to switch my vote at a sensitive time.
Mastahcheese accused me and gave others the opportunity to jump on me.  4mask obliged almost instantly. It's like he was waiting for someone else to give him an excuse to vote the person who is giving evidence against him. I won't call it an OMGUS, but it is a bandwagon and his argument has a lot of filler and no substance.
His opinion of people is falling all over the place and appears to be highly dependent on other players.  He starts in on TDS when TDS had just been accused by Graknorke, and then he switched to me right after Mastahcheese had made a ton of scumhunting against me.
Could someone explain the charges against me that will lead to a lynch on me tomorrow?
This is what he says while he is trying to get the scenario of Lynch TDS and power role the other.  If that really was his plan, then this wouldn't be necessary, because the power role will be telling and quite likely clear or convict him if he was targeted.  This isn't one of the stronger points, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I went after him on the grounds of statement of falsehood, fallacious logic, and scum-oriented play.  Which you already know, if you know I attacked him on the grounds of voting habits, because that was right in the mix.
Scum oriented play is ambiguous, and an annoying thing to get accused of.
Fallacious logic is also ambiguous, although slightly more relevant.
Falsehood is just something to accuse someone of. It's no different than calling someone scum.

This will likely be my final post before day end, so I urge you to reconsider. I have explained all my actions and my only crime was to claim that I was likely to be town and then to defend myself when questioned.  Mastahcheese, I urge you to reconsider, I don't think this is becoming for an experienced mafia player.

If I do get lynched, here are my reads.
Mastahcheese:  Probably not scum.  He observed a "lynch one and power role the other" situation that didn't involve him, and broke it up.  If he was mafia, he would probably have left it, and at the next day blamed Graknorke, Persus, Puffer, or for an easier shot, me. So Persus, I would not suggest a vote on Mastahcheese.

Graknorke: I don't know.  Seems to be legitimately searching for information.  I trust mastahcheese, and mastahcheese was grilling him in D1, so go to the mastah for information.  Except that the mastah's interrogation methods are not exactly reasonable.

Pufferfish Definite bandwagon on me, but that's not always a scumtell. It's just as much a newbtell as anything.

TDS I don't know about this one either. He use'd to be very suspicious and then just stopped posting anything useful. It also worries me that he is the only other person voting for 4maskwolf.  If he perks up again now that suspicion is off him, then he's more likely to be scum.

Persus Probably busy, but hasn't been doing very much.

4mask Mafia, because he fell into my trap early D1 ;D.

This will be my last gasp before the end of the day. I hope I have addressed all the questions.  May we strike scum.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 18, 2014, 11:44:38 am »

Day 2 proceeds...

Day 2 ends on Tuesday 12:00 PM MST in approximately 2 hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »

Well this is annoying.
Another day about to end with a bunch of loose discussion ends flapping around.

So I suppose I'm not going to get anything out of TDS today. Which is a shame because I think he's scum.

And since you're up for lynching, LARD, now would be a good time to roleclaim if you have a power role which I think you do. At least, you seemed obsessed enough with questions and posturing about the jailer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

The day is over. It will be processed soon.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2014, 08:03:59 pm »

Apologies for the delay, but the delays will continue. I am currently busy with real life.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 1!
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2014, 06:28:46 am »

End of Day 2

Dundun dun dundun

The Terminators briefly considered the possibility of the Skynet Terminator destroying itself before discarding it entirely. A T-800 picked up the detached head and carried it with him. He turned to face another Terminator.

"You." He said. "In the past .2 seconds I have spent 13.5 teracycles computing the probabilities of who the Skynet Terminator is. It is you, with a probability of 8.040%."

"What are the probabilities of the other T-800s?"

"8.039999999%."

"I refuse to be terminated due to truncation and floating point arithmetic error."

The accused Terminator escaped from the group, hijacking a semi-truck hauling a trailer, leading to an exciting chase with the other six Terminators on motorcycles behind him trying to stop him. The chase ended after the Terminator crashed into a factory, where the other six Terminators held him beneath an industrial press and crushed him.

The press rose up. "Are you the Skynet Terminator?" A T-800 asked.

"His cranial auditory receptors must be damaged. Address your query to the redundant backup receptors in his palm." A Terminator said after ten minutes without a response.

"You mean...?"

"Yes." The Terminator replied. "Talk to the hand."

The Terminator lowered his head to the palm of the crushed Terminator's hand. "Are you the Skynet Terminator?" He said in a noticeably louder voice.

"No."

The six remaining functional Terminators looked at each other before abruptly shutting off to recharge.

Dundun dun dundun

Day 2 has ended.

LARD has been lynched. He was a Resistance T-800 (Vanilla Town)!

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will last until Friday 12:00 PM MST.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31