Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 222660 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #900 on: April 03, 2014, 01:00:17 pm »

((Action above edited, adding a clause to hold off the attack if it's not necessary at this time))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 03, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »

This is awkward. Not sure how that happened. Don't try to pry me down yet, I'll see if I can't unweld myself first.

Attempt to unweld self.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #902 on: April 03, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »

TEAM A
((Wait, hadn't I already leaped out? EDIT: Yep. And they had stopped.

You leap out into the hall, aiming your gun at them and shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Surprisingly, they do. Although they seem more confused or stunned then threatened, just sort of staring at you from the cart. Huh...

Aargh, I'm starting to realize why civilians don't survive long in this game. Because right now it's getting real tempting to just shoot them, it feels like I've been trying to ambush them forever. And why didn't Skylar fly towards them?))

Team A

If they are stopped, approach them and take them prisoner. If not, shoot their vehicle. If there's no other way, just shoot them because otherwise Milno will have reached the bridge by the time this is over.

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

(( Think PW will let us retcon back? :P ))

Rocket after them with EMM active, aim to stop the cart and remove their helmets.
Team A
Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

(( Think PW will let us retcon back? :P ))

Rocket after them with EMM active, aim to stop the cart and remove their helmets.
((The problem is I never asked for it to be retconned, I said only do it if the MK2 looked like their suits. Anyway...))

Keep shouting to them to stop or I'll shoot. Grab Skylar and hitch a ride on him to them. Aid in removal of helmets and restraining. If they try to run/drive away, fire a warning shot (tell them it's a warning shot). If it looks like they're gonna escape, shoot their vehicle. If I have no other choice, shoot to disable.

The way I imagined it was that I was standing in the hallway, pointing my gun at them and I had already said something absurd and funny ("STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!") so I could start running towards them while saying something equally absurd and funny ("I'm a time traveler.") that could potentially distract them with a good roll while I closed the distance.

I thought you asked to be...

FUCK IT.

Skylar, sensing Flint's indecision, leaps out from the shadows and performs the completely ridiculous "Spinning Bird Kick" move, instantly incapacitating both men and ending any and all further confusion regarding this situation that could ever come up. Ever.

EVER.

TEAM B

Team B - Resident Katana Mantis

How did you even accomplish that? A position like that isn't remotely plausible.

Wait while Simus is getting down. Plot deaths of those who are inferior to me (everyone but the Doctor).
Katana Mantis is the name of a future Metal Gear solid boss, if I've ever heard one.

As per plotting deaths, how you want this to go down. Like, sneaky snake style or berserker style or maybe image comics anti-hero or what? There are lots of ways to murder large groups of people.

Team B

Ahahaha! I promise not to tell anyone about this, for an extra token.

Try to pry Simus off the door using my pickaxe.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Our glorious leader everyone. Let's get you down now, unless you wanna hang around a bit more."

Assist in getting Simus down from her perch.

((Didn't have an action Xan.))
[Handi: Kis:5-1, Nav:5+1]
Yeah, that averages out to 5. Youse guys get simus down without a problem. Even manage to leave the ceiling door all nice and sealed up. Everything is going great. Great.

TEAM C

Auron team C.

continue following the coloured line to the bridge repeating decompression procedure as necessary.
If no line is found, try the door at the far of the hall opposite us.

If any UWM personell pop out, poke them in the liver with my reiterpallasch at great velocity.
If any UWM defence systems pop out, poke them in the everything with beams from my laser rifle.

Team C: Thomas: Audaxes!
"Check the ship's cafeteria. I bet you could find something to make yourself a lasagna in there, easy... The Sword, not this one. Not the time for lasagna, to be honest."

Thomas kept up the small talk with the newbie. Not what they usually did, but it was better than just letting him stew in the silence. This was much more intense of a mission than his first one, and who knew what could be going through the new guys head.

Onwards! Follow Aurons plan. Give Angel the gauss rifle, assuming he doesn't have any equipment above a laser rifle.

So you guys follow the helpful painted line. As I really probably should have assumed you would have. You get down a few more halls and doors, completely ignoring any other paths or anything, until eventually they come to a larger corridor with what look like some sort of tracks laid down through the center. They're similar to rail tracks but are much thicker and have equally spaced grooves in them. Hmm. There's a good amount of space between the wall and the rails, but no handrails or safety demarcations anywhere. The line continues to the right, but there's a small problem: sods. A group of them moving this way. Apparently the repeated decompressions moving along a set path clued someone in that perhaps there might be intruders aboard the ship.

TEAM D

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Huh. Well that's effective

Use standard ARM procedure and loot the bodies! Then keep following Milno,and holding onto him when needed.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

Milno keeps the rifle he got from the guard before shifting his gaze downwards to take a look at the people he knocked out for a sign of anything that could be of assistance. "All fine here so far. Ask the other teams in the ship." is his answer to Miyamoto's message.

Quickly check the guard and the other two crewmen for anything useful. Cards, weapons, the whole thing. Then look around to see if there are any helpful signs around indicating the way to the bridge. Just use Steve's directions in case all else fails.

In case the path towards the bridge is found, proceed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The incapacitated men contain the following goodies:
1. New type of rifle. It looks sorta like a laser rifle, but it has two small prongs at the end of the barrel and doesn't have any of the diffusion or intensity modifying dials.
2.Uniforms, if you were so inclined to use them.
3. Three keycards, though there is no indication of the level of clearance any of them have.
4. Some tools.

As per the way toward the cockpit, there's no indication of the right direction from here, but steve tells you that heading down the way the three people were coming from is probably the best bet. You both do so, but come to an impasse. There's a door ahead with what appears to be a small camera looking down on it from the upper left corner beside the door.

TEAM E

Team E

Go ahead and jack in for Steve, and have him play as much havoc as possible through the ship too. If I set off the alarm somehow, just use the cutter and get moving.

Team E(eediot) Lerman

See if I can't repair any of the damage. Cutting torch the door should the alarm go off. If all goes to plan, shoot and burn any enemies.

Team Expendable/Magilla
Wait for the others to finish what they're doing, punch the door with my Kinetic Ampplifier should they fail.
If they suceed, follow them, shooting any enemies we see with my Laser Rifle.

[Bishop aux:2+1]
Welp bishop fucks up getting the thing opened in such a way as to be useful, BUT, he manages not to set off the alarm. Alright. Well, thats something.

Lerman isn't gonna be able to repair himself without some better tools then...nothing.

And magilla is a gorilla so...
[will:6]
He resists the desire to just punch the door off it's hinges, as a gorilla is prone to do.

I'M GONNA ROLL FOR BISHOP AGAIN
[Aux:6+1]
HA.

Bishop gets the door open. In fact, he opens ever damn door on the entire ship all at once.

You may want to brace yourselves.

TEAM F

Team F

Lead the way.
Team F, Dominika Novak
Continue plan coward-hide-in-back-of-group.

((Syyyyyyyyyyymus))

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"Forward, brothers!  To the bridge!"

As Lars heads down the green hallway, he responds to General Miyamoto's message.  "General, Brother Lars of Team F.  We are all well and proceeding to plan- no backup is required, for we have the divine will of the gods at our backs!"

Continue straight thuggin' down the green-line hallway.
Confirmed Ship Beta: Team F: Grate the Expendable
(Note to self: Don't put that on the business cards.)

Follow the green-brick road. Probably.

Ok so green road leads down a hall (Fucking surprise there) and runs up against an obstacle. It's a door. Fairly standard. However, there's a big blinking red display screen above the door that is flashing a message. This message reads "WARNING: THIS PASSAGE IS TO REMAIN SEALED DURING BARREL CHARGING PROCESS. NO ENTRY PERMITTED." Hrmph.

TEAM G

Team G

Carefully, follow the lines right.

Gonna assume the entire team of semi-conscious people do this. The path eventually leads to what seems to be an elevator. The outer doors are locked with a keycard lock, unfortunately.

TEAM H

Team I'm not sure what, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

Team Щ, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"The fleet is... moving off? Steve, how are the boarding teams doing? We are going to want to move fast, before we lose the distraction that the planetary guns provide. Maybe we could cripple the engines of some of the ships? Or their weapons? Their life support? Steve, do you have any schematics for the UWM ships? We don't exactly have a massive strike force here, so we're going to have to get surgical."

Converse with Steve. Spend some time looking over data and brainstorming the most safe and effective attack trajectory that will allow our meager "fleet" to inflict some meaningful damage while staying reasonably intact. Look at which teams have fared the worst so far, and try to make the trajectory such that the Southern Cross will be able to park itself reasonably near their location to allow evacuation of the killed, disabled, and critically wounded. Only do planning and preparation this turn.
Missed my action last time.

((I don't know if I even need to assign myself a team here, because Anton's technically not doing any boarding, but he's still participating in the event via the ships, so...))

Use the attack trajectory established previously to launch the ship formation into an attack run. Unless Steve advises otherwise, focus on disabling rather than crippling the target ship(s) - a ship with engines beyond repair or a busted powerplant is a meteorite waiting to happen, and we don't want that. Make sure to have the Southern Cross help with evacuating any teammates that need it, and remember that it's got those fusion missiles installed, so use them as necessary.

edit: And of course, if Steve deems it unnecessary at this time, hold off the attack until we have more of an advantage with one or two UWM ships captured.

Keep yourself with team H for now.

And yeah, don't worry, steve will let you know when it's time to attack. Because I doubt it would be very helpful right now, since the closest ships are the ones your teammates are on, and I doubt your ships would survive a space bumrush at the other ships without aid.

This is awkward. Not sure how that happened. Don't try to pry me down yet, I'll see if I can't unweld myself first.

Attempt to unweld self.
This one came up after I was done with the turn. the problem it was trying to fix was already fixed.

IT IS SUPERFLUOUS GET IT OUT OF MY SIGHT.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 03, 2014, 02:59:10 pm »

So. Where were we going?\

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 03, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »

Missed my action, piecewise.

Hasala Nabin, Team H Mission Control

Just download the map, then. Send it to Teams A and D, as well.
When the support Sod is done with the terminal, the helmetless Sod puts his helmet back on and the squad continues towards the bridge.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 03, 2014, 03:08:54 pm »

((IMMA CHARGIN MAH BARREL))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 03, 2014, 03:34:45 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

So how do you want to do this boss? Use one of the cutting laser on it or what? Or is it too late to put on one of these uniforms to try and fool the camera?

Take all of that sweet, sweet lucre. Yes, all of it. Unless Milno wants any of it. Stay out of his way if he attempts to do anything with the door. Then follow along behind him/holding on where necessary.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:54:59 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 03, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

Damn I hate fighting observant opponents, permission to engage sir?

Take cover, if there's no cover here settle for dropping prone and open fire at the nearest sod with the laser rifle as soon as the range becomes optimal

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 03, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Through the door we hopefully just de-trapped. Hrmmm. Don't open the door yet. Check for more traps or something while I see if we can seal off the rest of the corridor. Having to avoid decompression every time we open a door would get silly, and they'd be able to track our progress by the series of breaches."

Try to find an emergency shutter or something capable of sealing off the rest of the corridor to limit the amount of atmosphere lost. If I do find one, don't activate it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »

TEAM G
Hack the keycard lock
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »

Team B - Weasel Mantis Sword

Search for traps on the door.

For the murder plots, more a mix of 'godlike being tormenting inferiors' and 'unstoppable, implacable serial killer'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #911 on: April 03, 2014, 04:39:29 pm »

Team A

((I'm very very very sorry for any confusion I caused. I will try to make my actions clearer in the future.))

"Wow! That was great man." Flint told Skylar. "You really sell yourself short. That was a great combo."

Strip the men, gag 'em and tie them up with some rope, duct tape or other adhesive I have (or they have in their vehicle).

Check them and their suits for any communication equipment. See if I can hear anything interesting. Don't push any buttons unless what they do is very clear.

Hide them somewhere. (any vents or lockers or empty rooms or haystacks I could shove them in?)

Search for IDs, keys, maps and other useful stuff. Make sure to memorize any names or employment positions I see.

Wear one of their suits, unless Skylar objects while checking their suits. If Skylar doesn't check them, wear one anyway.

If there is nothing to cover the back of the vehicle with, see if I could disassemble my backpack and use the tarp and rope it is made of to cover the flatbed of the vehicle to conceal Skylar and the spare suits.

See if I could drive the vehicle with my guns in reach but hidden.

What I'm asking is, is it like a tractor where stuff wouldn't be concealed by the doors or like a flatbed that offers some more cover?

"Now, let's tuck those guys in and check our booty, shall we?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:37:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 03, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

Auron, team C.

In celebration of me going to go see captain america later today i shall prioritise using only my shield this turn.

Pull my teammates back around the nearest corner and wait for the sods to get closer.
Once sods are with 15-20 feet of our corner step out with my shield drawn then use my rocket pods to boost into and murder tackle them all simultaneously.

Once boost movement has stopped, charge in and begin shield bashing them into unconsciousness.

If any teammates start typing into manipulators run the fuck away from everyone.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:02:59 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »

-snip-
((I was going to be reasonable and use my manipulator to kill them, but you've inspired me to try something more risky and fun.))

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Should Auron's maneuver work, charge in with my monoatomic sword and start killing sods with it, using my uncon dynamic bonus to assist.

Should Auron's maneuver not work, simply target the group of sods with my Microwave Manipulator, and kill them as efficiently as possible while doing my best to not kill Auron. This also coincidentally happens to use my uncon dynamic bonus. Isn't sticking to one weapon group nice?

((And yes, PW, I did charge an uncon bonus earlier. Between that and my decomp, this action should be fairly safe.

Should. Except if you're Auron.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:35:32 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 03, 2014, 05:58:04 pm »

((At least put in a "whilst trying to avoid hitting Auron" in the manip attack.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 109