Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 221946 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2014, 08:36:09 pm »

If there's any sense to the design of the ship, they know we're here already. And since it looks like we're in maintenance passages or something similar, then it stands to reason that if we did split up, it might take us farther apart than you think to find some kind of direction. We stay together. Call me overcautious, or even paranoid, but if it keeps us alive and able to do the mission, I call it justified.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:36 pm »

"Alright, point taken. We still need to find a sign though, so which path do you recommend?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:08 pm »

Follow the lines, I suppose, but I will say that our path should try to take us towards the center of the ship it would be a logical place for a command center. If I had to guess at the lines, I'd say go for the blue.

((We're in a main corridor, or at least, out of the maintenance one. "You walk down the corridor a bit and find a door. It leads out into a larger hall that has several painted lines running along the floor but no visible signs. There's a red line, a green line and a blue line. Hmm. Still no sign of the ship's crew. It seems like this entire area is depressurized though." We need to pick a line to follow, and hope it brings us to a sign.))

((Shows what I get for not reading things out completely.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:37:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 27, 2014, 08:53:58 pm »

((We're in a main corridor, or at least, out of the maintenance one. "You walk down the corridor a bit and find a door. It leads out into a larger hall that has several painted lines running along the floor but no visible signs. There's a red line, a green line and a blue line. Hmm. Still no sign of the ship's crew. It seems like this entire area is depressurized though." We need to pick a line to follow, and hope it brings us to a sign.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05:46 pm »

Thaddeus-Team "Dead Dirtbags"-Grunt

Yeah, I'm starting to. Unfortunately.

Assist Milno in looking to see if there is any kind of path beyond the broken fan and grate. Use light amps on suit if it is dark, unless there is a near light source that would blind Thaddeus. Get read to be carried like a prince hold onto Milno for dear life if need be

Radio Steve: Hey big Boss? How hard would it be to move one of those laser cutters on over to our hole?

If possible, take two of the laser cutters, as long as Thaddeus still has a good amount of mobility, and it won't add too much extra weight for Milno to carry, if Milno can carry Thaddeus

((edited action))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:12:56 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »

Team Ehhhhhhh

"Fuck. Alright then... Alone, under equipped, no backup and a long way from our objective in a ship full of enemy soldiers. Final destination. Let's do this.

Here's how it's gonna go boys: We move fast and hit hard, don't give them time to pin us down or we're screwed. Keep an eye out for computer consoles to plug in Steve, so he can help us out if possible, and haul ass to the cockpit. Let's do it!"

Bishop quickly patches in to Steve's channel.

"Steve, what can we expect on a ship like this and can you send any backup or sods our way? We are kinda out in the wind right now..."

Enter the room and start heading for the exit post haste. Keep an eye out for incoming troops and most importantly computer consoles to plug Steve into, so he can do his thing. Haul ass to the cockpit!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2014, 10:32:30 pm »

TEAM C: AUDAXES
"Guys? Uhh, I have a spare gauss rifle. Anyone without a good weapon can take it if they want."
Scope up and prepare to fire down the hole the rest of Team C is cutting.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2014, 11:07:57 am »

Team G(amma overdose)

Marcius decides that command isn't for him, and that the only logical course is to follow and defend May.

"I shall protect you, my fair lady!"
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 28, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »

Team G

Start looking carefully for the control room. If any sods/troops appear or any trap activates, enter BT mode to either kill or dodge.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2014, 02:57:35 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Blue it is then."

Follow the yellow brick blue paint road!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #820 on: March 28, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »

TEAM A

Team A - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Soldier

"Hmmm... I think we just got ourselves a ride." said Flint with a malicious grin. Not that anybody could see it with his faceplate down. "What do you say Skylar, ready for some grand theft auto?"

I'm assuming there's atmosphere here, since we could hear them approach. If there isn't any atmosphere here, my and Kriellya's action may need some rethinking.

If I have enough time and my MK2 could pass for one of their suits, use one of those cans of spraypaint I got from the Anomalous Planetoid mission to quickly paint my suit orange and then wave at the men to stop.

If I don't have enough time to paint it but my suit could still pass for one of their suits, try to wave at the men to get them to stop. (Guns hidden, of course.)

If the above fails or if my suit can't pass for one of their suits, use guns and yelling "Stop right there!" "Stop or we will fire!" and similar to get them to stop.

If the above fails and the vehicle isn't going too fast for me to do this, try to jump on it and and force the driver to stop or throw him out of the vehicle.

If the above fails or is not possible, shoot (with the laser rifle) to intimidate. If that fails, shoot to disable and not kill if possible. Try not to damage the vehicle.

((So the HEP looks like a radar gun and I'm yelling at them to stop... If the circumstances were slightly different I could pose as a cop. "Stop in the name of the law! Ma'am, do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

EDIT: If we're lucky and our suits do match, we could pose as workmen and make our way to the bridge without having to kill anybody... Assuming we pass all our charisma/speech checks. And assuming those guys have the right credentials.))
I don't think your MK I is gonna pass. No one with any sense uses those anymore.

You leap out into the hall, aiming your gun at them and shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Surprisingly, they do. Although they seem more confused or stunned then threatened, just sort of staring at you from the cart. Huh...

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

"Hmmm... I think we just got ourselves a ride." said Flint with a malicious grin. Not that anybody could see it with his faceplate down. "What do you say Skylar, ready for some grand theft auto?"

Sounds like a plan. Just take them or pose as security? I don't think a MK III is something they just issue to normal crew, but the MK II should look close enough.

Stay low and in cover, wait for Flint to act. Get out a suit-to-suit connector while they approach.

If things seem to be going south, be ready to activate EMM and punch them out and aim to get their suit helmet off, especially if they start to radio us in.

(( Yeah, speech checks sound like a fantastic idea :P Though you do have some bonus's so it could be a workable plan. I just need to never say anything. ))
Well...this is awkward. [intuition:3] Flint should probably do something right now while he still has the element of...dumbfounded awe.

TEAM B

Team B "Wild Weasels"

How many working laser cutters do I have?
Catch up with the rest of the team and follow Xan.

5. Each will fire one shot for about a minute and then die.
Following Xan. Might be a rather poor idea, all things considered. He is xan, after all.

"Which way, which way... Hrmm. At least with the area depressurized we won't run into many crewmen. Well, living ones. Three lines, four of us. Perhaps we could split up, and each follow a line, at least until we get to a sign. Then we can just backtrack to each other."
[/quote]
Team B: Wild Weasels

"Which way, which way... Hrmm. At least with the area depressurized we won't run into many crewmen. Well, living ones. Three lines, four of us. Perhaps we could split up, and each follow a line, at least until we get to a sign. Then we can just backtrack to each other."
Team B Shapeshifting Weasels

Xan motions to himself and Dubley, and then one of the corridors.

Follow team.

Another exciting match of follow the leader in space.

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

We shouldn't split up. If we do, the opposing forces could isolate us from one another, making us easier targets. Xan might be able to tear through a bulkhead, given time. I could probably blast my ways through two or three, but then I'm out of explosives. Those cutters we salvaged have the same issue, they're limited-use. Otherwise, we don't have any way through bulkheads that might be used to keep us separate. We only have one objective to get to, anyways, the command center. From there, we can eliminate most of the crew, if not all of it, without direct confrontation.
Huh...so no one went anywhere. Alright.

TEAM C

Auron team C

Check the control panels connectivity, if it has a keycard reader swipe my maintenance card through to gain access.
Open only this door.

If there is no card reader or the bulkhead doesnt open attempt to cut an opening with my laser rifle.

The control pad does have a keycard reader, and your card does activate it, though it requires you to authorize a manual override of the seal, which it states is "Not Recommended" due to the chance of "Catastrophic decompression effects". Ever heard of the Byford Dolphin or Truls Hellevik?

Auron team C

Check the control panels connectivity, if it has a keycard reader swipe my maintenance card through to gain access.
Open all the doors this panel has access to, even airlocks, especially airlocks.

If there is no card reader or the bulkhead doesnt open.

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

Careful sir, minute you start opening doors they're liable to know where we are, plus we may need someone to help actually fly this thing so we don't need too many casualties, on that note, prisoner policy sir? we're kind of short when it comes to restraint options

Take what cover is available and cover the bulkhead in case anything lethal is on the other side of it.

ETA OOC: Just changed Angel's speech colour to navy... the orange was getting a bit confusing with Auron on the same team... and it was a pain for me to read anyway

Well, the only thing lethal right now is a probably yourselves opening a door and decompressing and spacing anyone behind it. I also wouldn't stand in front of said door if I were you.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Auron, let's try cutting our way through first."

Stand to the side, and should Auron not succeed in cutting through the door, melt a doorway through the bulkhead- just the edges, don't heat the inside of the shape.

TEAM C: AUDAXES
"Guys? Uhh, I have a spare gauss rifle. Anyone without a good weapon can take it if they want."
Scope up and prepare to fire down the hole the rest of Team C is cutting.
Hole? We're cutting holes now? Someone help me. I see no holes. There was a hole here. It's gone now?

TEAM D

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader

"Which general direction to the bridge?"

Ask Steve about which direction to take to the bridge.

Take a look at what can be seen beyond the broken fan and the grate. Cancel grate examination if the broken fan shows some kind of viable path into the ship proper. If a path to the ship's hallways is found, take it and fly Thaddeus along if needed.

In case the way into the ship's hallways is found, proceed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>I'd recommend catching up with your allies first, but the bridge would be to your left, from where you're standing right now.

Well, the shaft down, the one covered in a grate, seems to lead somewhere, since you can see light coming from somewhere down below, beyond a bend in the shaft. The Shaft upwards is just gets darker and appears as though it delves somewhere into the innards of the ship.

Thaddeus-Team "Dead Dirtbags"-Grunt

Yeah, I'm starting to. Unfortunately.

Assist Milno in looking to see if there is any kind of path beyond the broken fan and grate. Use light amps on suit if it is dark, unless there is a near light source that would blind Thaddeus. Get read to be carried like a prince hold onto Milno for dear life if need be

Radio Steve: Hey big Boss? How hard would it be to move one of those laser cutters on over to our hole?

If possible, take two of the laser cutters, as long as Thaddeus still has a good amount of mobility, and it won't add too much extra weight for Milno to carry, if Milno can carry Thaddeus

((edited action))

You grab some laser cutters and help milno look around.

TEAM E

Team E(xpendable) - Magilla
Follow Bishop and Lerman. If we fight anyone, take cover and shoot at them with my laser rifle. If we don't assist them with anything they do.

The follow commands continue.

Team Ehhhhhh - Lerman

Breach and clear! Take cover and shoot any that oppose us en route to the cockpit. Loot any weapons, ammo or armor that don't slag themselves.

"I call dibs on any armor suits or flamethrowers."
Breach and clear what? Are those automated loading systems attacking you? What are you breaching? Is this thing on?

Team Ehhhhhhh

"Fuck. Alright then... Alone, under equipped, no backup and a long way from our objective in a ship full of enemy soldiers. Final destination. Let's do this.

Here's how it's gonna go boys: We move fast and hit hard, don't give them time to pin us down or we're screwed. Keep an eye out for computer consoles to plug in Steve, so he can help us out if possible, and haul ass to the cockpit. Let's do it!"

Bishop quickly patches in to Steve's channel.

"Steve, what can we expect on a ship like this and can you send any backup or sods our way? We are kinda out in the wind right now..."

Enter the room and start heading for the exit post haste. Keep an eye out for incoming troops and most importantly computer consoles to plug Steve into, so he can do his thing. Haul ass to the cockpit!
>Smaller, gun-centric ship like this should have minimal crew and soldiers, however, expect the cockpit and vital areas to be heavily protected, mostly via automated systems and locked doors.

Well, in terms of exits you have two options: The shells are coming out of one area below you and going into another above. There are lasers which lead to both these locations and access panels near them, clearly to allow maintenance. Neither is marked "Exit".  You don't see any consoles around either, unfortunately; but the mechanical arms have to have some sort of computer tie in; you might be able to dig into the wall and get at their electronics if you were so inclined. 

TEAM F

((By process of elimination, I'm assuming we're in Ship Beta.))

Lars looks at the wall, then turns to Grate as he speaks up.  "I have a bomb, but it is a nuclear device of unknown yield.  I think it might be a bit much for a door."

He looks behind them.  "Brothers Jack and Dominika?  We can attempt to force the door if it can't be removed."

Team F

"Why not remove one of the working laser cutters and drag it over to the door?"

Follow any orders given.
"Follow any orders given"

Oh geez. That is a dangerous bit of phrasing there. Come on Lars...give me something self destructive and silly!

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

Lars grinned.  "Truly Cog-azaon has blessed you with foresight!  We shall do that!"

Go back and get another laser cutter, and use that to cut a hole in the door.
You go back, grab a laser cutter and affix it to the door before pressing the on button. In about a minute it has cut a lovely new hole for you and your team to get through. You sneak a peek through and look around. Ahead seems to be a large intersection of several paths; six to be exact. The way to the bridge is still nicely labeled, so thats not a problem. What is a problem, however, is what appears to be a large, black dome affixed to the ceiling at the center of the intersection. You can't tell what it is, but all things considered, it's either extremely poor modern art or something that wants to kill you.

Ship Beta?: Feam F: Grate: Now with an action!

Lars looks at the wall, then turns to Grate as he speaks up.  "I have a bomb, but it is a nuclear device of unknown yield.  I think it might be a bit much for a door."
Grate nods. He didn't want to break the ship, or clear it alone, or discover that he wouldn't come back from being nuked, or anything like that.

"Why not remove one of the working laser cutters and drag it over to the door?"
"I could get that!"

Help with the removal and transport, as well as any needed configuration and activation, of the cutting laser.
I can only imagine grate chasing along after Lars, his hands on the cutter but not actually hold any of its weight, shouting "I'm HELPING!" over ad over again.

Team F-- Dominika Novak
Presumably have been following the whole time, keep on staying in back and if combat breaks out, take cover.
Yep. People who are in the thrall of stasis paralysis are usually dragged along and somehow always seem to avoid damage.

TEAM G

Team G

Start looking carefully for the control room. If any sods/troops appear or any trap activates, enter BT mode to either kill or dodge.

Team G(amma overdose)

Marcius decides that command isn't for him, and that the only logical course is to follow and defend May.

"I shall protect you, my fair lady!"

The door marked access hall leads to, surprisingly, a hall. But it's not just any run of the mill hall, it appears to be way you're supposed to access the reactor, rather then  accessing it via VIOLENCE! The path to the right leads back toward the reactor, while the path to the right seems to lead to a decontamination area of sorts, which asks for an ID card to enter, and will no doubt lead to a chamber made to make sure people don't come back out of the reactor with control rods stuck to their shoes like errant toilet paper.

TEAM H

SODS GONNA SOD.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2014, 03:39:18 pm »

((MK2! I have a MK2! Eh, anyway, let's see what I can do...))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 28, 2014, 04:03:16 pm »

Auron, team C.

Get everyone to stand to either side of the door including myself, approve manual override.
Wait for decompression wave to pass and resume following the line to the bridge.

Repeat process on all sealed doors until my team either encounters an automated turret or a guy in a space suit.

((Googled Truls Hellevik... holy fuck... i thought the severity of that shit was just a hollywood invention.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 28, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Fling Grate into the hallway to see if it's a turret.

"Brothers, it appears there may be defenses ahead of us.  Unless anyone has any other tricks, I shall disable it with the shard launcher."

Fire a single shard into the obvious trap.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:54:28 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 28, 2014, 04:09:00 pm »

Team B

What are we waiting for?
Follow the blue path.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 109