Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zaharia, a RPG with an oriental and middle-eastern setting  (Read 1512 times)

uberklaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Zaharia, a RPG with an oriental and middle-eastern setting
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:19:45 am »

i apologize, i know is bad-habit for an escaped lunatic to promote games but i'm a long time lurker and my can't seem to find my old account...
Anyway

Zaharia is a top down RPG currently being funded on kickstarter, the game offers a deep and intricate narrative part while leaving freedom to the player and every choice will have more or less impact on the game story.

Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/199630513/zaharia

Steam Greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229301459&searchtext=zaharia

And now for some obbligatory feature list (copied from the steam page)

-Isometric 3D graphic;
-Turn-based battles based on our original rules’ system;
-Narrative and Interpretative non-linearity, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to follow, but also to make choices and solve problems in many different ways;
-A free-roaming world, Fallout style;
-A large number of skills and stats to manage, in order to customize your own virtual alter-ego in every small detail;
-An original setting created from scratch, inspired to late medieval Persia and Arabia, and completely different from the classic fantasy settings;
-Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
-Five main factions to choose from, each of them deeply characterized and different from the others;
-Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons;
-A real time stealth system.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:42:06 am by uberklaus »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaharia, a RPG with an oriental and middle-eastern setting
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:46:13 am »

Perhaps it's just perceptional bias, but am I the only one thinking that this kind of post is happening more often as of late?

I don't mind it, it's better than the kitchen spam ;) but this game sounds awesome like age of decadance but more to it I love.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:55:36 am »

Well there aren't many middle eastern themed games out there. Especially RPGs since the closest thing we had was probably Persian Wars and Prince of Persia... and none of them is really an RPG.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 07:02:50 am »

Well there aren't many middle eastern themed games out there. Especially RPGs since the closest thing we had was probably Persian Wars and Prince of Persia... and none of them is really an RPG.

JADE EMPIRE
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:03:47 am »

This looks interesting. I am concerned about two things:
1. Do you have to play as a male character? I'm awfully sick of being forced to play a boy in every game.
2. Will they have a native English speaker proofreading all the text in the game? Obviously their English skills are very good, but I saw a typo in one of the menus (strength is spelled "strenght"), and having correct spelling and grammar at all times is important to creating a polished game. Especially for the amount of money they're trying to raise.

uberklaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 07:32:34 am »

This looks interesting. I am concerned about two things:
1. Do you have to play as a male character? I'm awfully sick of being forced to play a boy in every game.
2. Will they have a native English speaker proofreading all the text in the game? Obviously their English skills are very good, but I saw a typo in one of the menus (strength is spelled "strenght"), and having correct spelling and grammar at all times is important to creating a polished game. Especially for the amount of money they're trying to raise.

1. you can make a female character, maybe is not visible in the trailer, female characters have the same stats as males.
2. i hope so, still, typos are easily corrected and it seems they are going to use part of the money to hire a professionist in matter.

EDIT: i don't know if female characters will get different dialogue options...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:37:12 am by uberklaus »

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 07:45:59 am »

Only one question... is there going to be camel cavalry?

uberklaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:03:57 am »

Only one question... is there going to be camel cavalry?
from the looks of things, there will not even be standard cavalry, i'll have to ask this to my teacher tomorrow about this stuff.