Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205466 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #1215 on: March 07, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

3 can be counteracted by taking Fortune although you won't have Gamble... unless you S-Rank with someone and take that as your S-Rank skill. It'll only be useful that late in the game anyway, while Fortune is good ALL the time. Of course that comes with the restriction you can only Gamble while within three spaces of your S-Rank, but eh. It's more situational anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 07, 2014, 02:05:45 pm »

Well then you better get S-rank with another melee fighter *winkwink*

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 07, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »

It can be workable, especially with high HP; the major thing to watch out for is a few things:
1. Unless you have Gamble (halve hit, double crit), hit rate becomes unnecessary over 100%.  That said, being able to hit enemies easy-peasy will pay off in the end-game when enemies have significant evasion themselves (in FEF1, we're only guaranteeing hits through various spell buffs), and if you do have Gamble, being able to convert a 25% chance to crit into a 50% chance to crit with absolutely no effective cost can be quite entertaining.
2. Counterattacks are going to really, really smart, and unless you can out-move and one-shot all of your enemies, you're very likely to be taking at least some hits.
3. Crits are really going to hurt.  That said, LUCK is kinda the designated dump stat.

1. No comment on Gamble. I probably won't be taking it though, since, well, LCK is one of my dump stats.
2. Axe user + high STR. Hopefully I'll be able to one-shot most of my enemies, and if not I will probably die horribly.
3. Hence why I'm talking Fortune.

Well then you better get S-rank with another melee fighter *winkwink*

*nudge nudge, wink wink* Say no more!

*Ahem* Sorry about that. It's definitely in the cards though. Lycan has no supports, after all. :P

3 can be counteracted by taking Fortune although you won't have Gamble... unless you S-Rank with someone and take that as your S-Rank skill. It'll only be useful that late in the game anyway, while Fortune is good ALL the time. Of course that comes with the restriction you can only Gamble while within three spaces of your S-Rank, but eh. It's more situational anyway.

Sounds like a bit of a plan. But again, no LCK so very low critical chance anyways. I might also want to go for a regen or something like that. I dunno.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 07, 2014, 02:18:14 pm »

I'm not entirely sure Gordon should have been knocked down there. Gimme some time to go back through the combat logs. before I respond to anything IC.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 07, 2014, 02:20:17 pm »

Lycan has no supports, after all. :P
Whatchoo talking bout, Nanoha wants that ass.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 07, 2014, 02:20:44 pm »

Crits are based on Skill, not Luck. Luck is only for dodging crits and slightly boosting hit chance AFAIK.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:16 pm »

Crits are based on Skill, not Luck. Luck is only for dodging crits and slightly boosting hit chance AFAIK.

Oh. Okay then. No wonder LCK is the designated dump stat. It's pretty damn useless.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:43 pm »

It really is, yeah. :P

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 07, 2014, 02:43:09 pm »

It also boosts evasion.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 07, 2014, 02:48:20 pm »

I'm not entirely sure Gordon should have been knocked down there. Gimme some time to go back through the combat logs. before I respond to anything IC.

He was supposed to be down. Even with the 6 HP he restored on the turn I forgot to put, he received a total of 16 damage from those two attacks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »

Yeah, but Speed does too and is WAY more valuable to sink points into. The problem with Luck is it does a few things that are nice to have (slightly boosted Evasion and Hit, lessens enemy Crit chance), but basically just bolsters Speed and Skill and both are far more useful because of their other benefits (Crits and Attack Speed).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 07, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »

Spoiler: New Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

If I went with a Pirate she probably could have appeared in the next mission, but meh. Bandit fits much better.

Anyways, did I miss anything or something along those lines?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:52:33 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 07, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »

He was supposed to be down. Even with the 6 HP he restored on the turn I forgot to put, he received a total of 16 damage from those two attacks.
Okay, I finally see why I was confused. That shaman's attack a turn or two ago was in a spoiler and I missed it on my first (and second) glance.

So never mind, we're good ^^;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 07, 2014, 03:56:28 pm »

LCK pobably works for glass cannon or evasion-focused builds that ditch Fortune and pretend DEF doesn't exist. I do know having good Luck can make quite a difference in the end game due to it raising a little bit of two important combat stats. In Lycan's case, I just took Fortune and dumped LCK.

I predict Kaarina will be the party's meat cleaver.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 07, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

I predict Kaarina will be the party's meat cleaver.

I'm going to assume that that's a compliment. Alternatively: *something something* sex joke *something something*.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 308