Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205473 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #1200 on: March 07, 2014, 12:44:42 pm »

What Cael said. I think I'm happiest playing tanky builds and support roles myself. So while I will eventually, given enough FEFs, play classes I normally wouldn't like Wyvern Riders or Magicians, I quite like being the thieves and healers and so forth. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 07, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »

But that's me <.<

When I say minimum I mean minimum. 10% in DEF, RES and LUCK.

There's a limit to how creative builds can be.

Yeah, I guess so. Just wondering how screwed I'd be on a scale of 1 to 10.

What Cael said. I think I'm happiest playing tanky builds and support roles myself. So while I will eventually, given enough FEFs, play classes I normally wouldn't like Wyvern Riders or Magicians, I quite like being the thieves and healers and so forth. ^^^

I... haven't played FE enough to know what I like. Might try a mage next, actually.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 07, 2014, 12:47:46 pm »

Alright, I will drop Nanoha 7,5 and get this turn going.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 07, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

The dice can be very nice or total dicks.
And methinks that being an axe user she won't need that much strenght unless powerhousing is the way to go.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 07, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »

The dice can be very nice or total dicks.
And methinks that being an axe user she won't need that much strenght unless powerhousing is the way to go.

Powerhousing? I'm not entirely certain what it is, but I like the sound of it already.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 07, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

I... haven't played FE enough to know what I like. Might try a mage next, actually.

It's more personal preferences than FEF preferences. I like being support units and helping out, and I like to RP so being a healer fits really well for me. Everyone sees the healer, quite often. :P I just decided to play thief this time since it seems to be the least-liked class, even though it's fairly useful to have one. I can't even decide what I want to play next, though. I already have a mug set for a male valkyrie that I'd like to play, I kinda want to play a knight because I love the idea of knights (I'm talking about Kuros in Ironsword for the NES kind of knight here), I kinda want to try out a berserker, etc. :X
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 07, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »

It's more personal preferences than FEF preferences. I like being support units and helping out, and I like to RP so being a healer fits really well for me. Everyone sees the healer, quite often. :P I just decided to play thief this time since it seems to be the least-liked class, even though it's fairly useful to have one. I can't even decide what I want to play next, though. I already have a mug set for a male valkyrie that I'd like to play, I kinda want to play a knight because I love the idea of knights (I'm talking about Kuros in Ironsword for the NES kind of knight here), I kinda want to try out a berserker, etc. :X

Ah. I pretty much went through the same thing when I saw the class list. Unfortunately most of them boil down to hitting things with other, pointier things.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 07, 2014, 01:17:54 pm »

Well, that's true, but to me there are different personalities inherent in each class. I'm largely thinking Bounty Hunter for Kat right now, but if her development leads her to like travel and adventure more than wanting to use her dark magic for good I might go Wanderer instead. And if I had changed her into a Healer because Sirus didn't end up playing one, she would act completely differently. And even though Katerina LeBlanc and Christopher Shields are both thief classes, they still act differently because I had planned for Chris to be an Assassin from creation. I even flavor their fight text differently when I do it; Kat is a show-off while Chris plays dirty and isn't afraid to throw sand in someone's eyes or kick them in the balls.

So, yeah, trying out different personalities in different classes is the draw for me. :P

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 07, 2014, 01:21:19 pm »

Make sure to visit the tent next to the one Lycan came from. :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 07, 2014, 01:25:53 pm »

I nominate Lycan to do that since he only has three MOV this turn. :P He can make it and move the full 4 next turn. Plus from an IC standpoint it makes sense if he's like 'oh yeah almost forgot this' and goes to get it.

Also, thanks for confirming we can loot the tents. :3

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 07, 2014, 01:32:58 pm »

Scap aren't you going to toast the knight?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 07, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

Scap aren't you going to toast the knight?
I flip a coin.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:35 pm »

@USEC_OFFICER: I think he meant you don't desperately need STR since axes naturally tend towards having high Might ratings. Sword users generally need more STR since swords lean towards the lower end of Mt.

I nominate Lycan to do that since he only has three MOV this turn. :P He can make it and move the full 4 next turn. Plus from an IC standpoint it makes sense if he's like 'oh yeah almost forgot this' and goes to get it.

Yeah, I was planning on doing just that. Lycan needs a turn to cool down.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 07, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Oh noice. Armorslayer. Gimme :3

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 07, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »

But that's me <.<

When I say minimum I mean minimum. 10% in DEF, RES and LUCK.

It can be workable, especially with high HP; the major thing to watch out for is a few things:
1. Unless you have Gamble (halve hit, double crit), hit rate becomes unnecessary over 100%.  That said, being able to hit enemies easy-peasy will pay off in the end-game when enemies have significant evasion themselves (in FEF1, we're only guaranteeing hits through various spell buffs), and if you do have Gamble, being able to convert a 25% chance to crit into a 50% chance to crit with absolutely no effective cost can be quite entertaining.
2. Counterattacks are going to really, really smart, and unless you can out-move and one-shot all of your enemies, you're very likely to be taking at least some hits.
3. Crits are really going to hurt.  That said, LUCK is kinda the designated dump stat. 
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 308