Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Conqest of Island (experimental forum RTS) main players found  (Read 9748 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Conqest of Island (experimental forum RTS) main players found
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:07 pm »

Well, no. Somehow you have 6 AP, even though you should (at 19:00-19:59 GMT) have 5.
Wait, the AP count is updating on the hour, even though the game started 15 minutes after the hour? I should have had one more AP from the previous turn, then.

Also, you don't have to list your loses if you only have 1 unit type, but I would appreciate you doing it anyway. Like this:
Move the ten militia to 12,16(6AP)(lose three militia vs swordman(2D+1D for mountain)
I'll try to remember to do that.

Also, I'm pretty sure you missed a Harvest action somewhere along the line or something.

Spoiler: Start (click to show/hide)

Recruit Peasant at (10,16) [-1 AP]
Recruit Militia at (5,13) [-1 AP]
Swordsman Stack: Attack (13,17), (14,16) [-4 AP]
Harvest [-1 AP]

Spoiler: End (click to show/hide)

Can I recruit multiple units for one AP? And what's the point of a Supply Ship?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2014, 09:23:25 pm »

Recruitment center on the desert to the south west of twenty ten.
Also recruit a the maximum amount of swords men I can and hope that will hold me until I can look at the map again.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 03:40:37 am »

Stop running!

Move militia to 14,16 wiping out those swordmen(8+1=9 lost)(4AP)

(turns are processed in order they were posted).
The odd thing is I put that order up when GWG was offline and that turn
Thank you for the correction.

Move 4-swordsman stack to (11,17) (-1 AP)
Move Swordsman to (11,17) (-1 AP)
Attack (12,18) with 5-swordsman stack! (-3 AP)
Harvest (-1 AP)

Did I do that right?
This one wasn't there after I posted(I check.) How did I get bump down?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:44:22 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2014, 11:26:38 am »

By posting over half an hour after me.

Move fleet to (14,22) [-4 AP]
Move swordsmen from fleet to (14,20), (15,19), (16,18) [-5 AP]
Build two Archers at (16,18) [-2? AP]
Move Archer/Swordsman stack to (15,17) [-2 AP]
Build Swordsman at (16,18) [-1 AP]

Bam. Navy power rules.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »

By posting over half an hour after me.
The thing is, I always check my post after posting, just in case I missed something not clear in previews. When I checked, it was a1s above me(I remember the avatar). Your post simply didn't pop up for me.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

I have no clue. But my post came in before your post, so however it happened, it happened.
Sig

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2014, 04:36:16 am »

Processing all your turns now.

Your post simply didn't pop up for me.
Well, you know how it is, your player must have rolled a 1 on their spot check. ;)
Well, no. Somehow you have 6 AP, even though you should (at 19:00-19:59 GMT) have 5.
Wait, the AP count is updating on the hour, even though the game started 15 minutes after the hour? I should have had one more AP from the previous turn, then.
well, you had 30 AP on February 21, 2014, 02:03:25 pm GMT, and spent all of it (over-submitting 4AP worth of actions, which were ignored)
Then you gained 5AP by February 21, 2014, 07:23:41 pm GMT (7-2=5.) and spent it all again (over-submitting the harvest action, which was ignored. In this case that actually mattered, since on the same "tick" you were attacked and if I let you harvest "on credit", you'd end up with extra resources.)

Can I recruit multiple units for one AP? And what's the point of a Supply Ship?
You can't recruit multiple units on 1 AP (this was meant to encourage you to buy more expensive units, but I think I overdid it with the cost growth.)
I'm glad you asked about the "supply ship", it helps you traverse the deep water tiles, by being a cheap, disposable ship (you wouldn't want to lose a transport, would you?) I'm thinking of making supply ship be the exception, and allow recruiting more than 1 per turn, what do you guys think?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2014, 05:25:12 am »

Spoiler: map at a glance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: detailed positions (click to show/hide)

Stop running!
Move militia to 14,16 wiping out those swordmen(8+1=9 lost)(4AP)
I'm sorry to tell you this, but mountains are +1 defense per unit (4 swordsmen thus have 12 defense in total). After a valiant uphill battle, your militia are all slain, but GWG loses all but 1 swordsman.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2014, 05:48:12 am »

Back up would be nice, KJ

Build Recruitment Center at 15,15(-30 wood)(3AP)
Make 5 Swordsman and 1 archer(-19food,-36Iron)(6ap)
Move 3 swordsman South east then south(3vs2 win) and then south west(3AP)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2014, 06:03:11 am »

Double post because I had to do something and didn't want to be ninja'ed by GWG and wiped out.

HavestX10(130 food, 60 Wood, 60 Iron)(10AP)
Build 3 Native Archer(48 food and wood)(3ap)
Build 4 swordmen(12 food, 16 iron)
Move 5 swordmen from 15,15 to 14,16(10 vs 3)(1AP)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2014, 09:52:11 am »

You can't recruit multiple units on 1 AP (this was meant to encourage you to buy more expensive units, but I think I overdid it with the cost growth.)
And on the subject of cost, food costs are inconsequential and iron costs crippling. There's almost no need to try and get food, unless your army is almost entirely made up of the weakest units.
Incidentally, this makes the pikeman and such about four times as expensive as a swordsman...despite only being half again as strong.

I'm glad you asked about the "supply ship", it helps you traverse the deep water tiles, by being a cheap, disposable ship (you wouldn't want to lose a transport, would you?) I'm thinking of making supply ship be the exception, and allow recruiting more than 1 per turn, what do you guys think?
Yes, but what does the supply ship do in the deep-water tiles?

Move Peasant to (9,15), (9,17) [-5 AP]
Harvest x3 [-2 AP]
Recruit 3 Swordsmen at (16,18) [-3 AP]
Move 4xSwordsman to (16,16) [-1 AP]
Attack with 4x Swordsman, leaving one surviving swordsman to take (15,15)! [-1 AP]
Attack (14,14) with Swordsman, no defenders. [-1 AP]
Havestx2 [-2 AP]
Build Fort at (14,14) [-3 AP]
Recruit 3 Swordsmen at (15,15) and one at (16,18) [-4 AP]

There we go.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:40 am »

Build a recruitment center on the mountain below 20,10?
Send my swordsmen to attack the one at 16,18 if possible.
Spend the rest of my AP on harvesting.

Yeah, I can't see the map currently so I'm just going off the detailed positions thing.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 07:13:32 pm »

You know you can post while I'm not here, right? :-\
Everyone has 30 AP. Again.
fake edit: well, shit. not anymore.

And on the subject of cost, food costs are inconsequential and iron costs crippling. There's almost no need to try and get food, unless your army is almost entirely made up of the weakest units.
Iron costs are limited to land units, whereas food is used for both ships and land units. Also you can spend it on peasants (an, admittedly very weak, unit with no iron cost at all, there's no unit that inverts this) and Rough Riders (desert special). I'm not sure if all resources have the same importance, but I would not recommend ignoring food.

Yes, but what does the supply ship do in the deep-water tiles?
To be perfectly blunt: it dies there so that your transports/galleys/what have you won't. It's just that you wouldn't get anyone to crew them if you called them "disposable suicide ships". Which is what they are- there is literally no other use for them (you might also try to frighten someone off by pretending to have an armada in a hex, but they'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that, considering all info about your fleet is freely available).

Spoiler: map at a glance (click to show/hide)

Would you like to explain your logic to me?
In case you're wondering, here's how much resources I think you had at the time:

HavestX10(130 food, 60 Wood, 60 Iron)(10AP)

actually only 50 wood, by my count (4 fields+ruin)
Build 3 Native Archer(48 food and wood)(3ap)
Build 4 swordmen(12 food, 16 iron)
Where did that happen? You have 2 RecCenters! (both in a forest) I'm going to infer from context (because I don't want to make you redo a turn 2 days after you submitted it) that you meant <15,15>, but you should make these things clear.

Move Peasant to (9,15), (9,17) [-5 AP]
Harvest x3 [-2 AP]
Recruit 3 Swordsmen at (16,18) [-3 AP]
Move 4xSwordsman to (16,16) [-1 AP]
Attack with 4x Swordsman, leaving one surviving swordsman to take (15,15)! [-1 AP]
Attack (14,14) with Swordsman, no defenders. [-1 AP]
Havestx2 [-2 AP]
Build Fort at (14,14) [-3 AP]
Recruit 3 Swordsmen at (15,15) and one at (16,18) [-4 AP]
You didn't actually own <16,18> at the start of your turn. Seeing as how most of your turn hinges on you having it (and I, again, don't want to mess with a 2 day old turn), I no longer have any idea what to do...  :-[

I'm going to do a rollback to noon February 23, 12am
Most people have less AP now, primarily scapheap.
Also, recruiting without specifying the location is now an illegal move and will not be processed. Yes, even if you only own 1 recCenter.
Also also, notquitethere is replacing Remuthra.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »

My logic is basically the adding and subtracting everything turn-by-turn over all my turn.

And yeah. This isn't really fun for me anymore (too much work for too little benefit), Remuthra hasn't really posted in a while, kj isn't much better...
Sig

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 07:24:25 pm »

And yeah. This isn't really fun for me anymore (too much work for too little benefit), Remuthra hasn't really posted in a while, kj isn't much better...
It's also more work then I though it would be. I just spent well over an hour trying to make sense of what happened on that turn (you'd think it would be faster, right? But things just kept not adding up. And it's been like that most turns.) Maybe we should stop...

edit: wrong quote
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:26:14 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8