Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198218 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2014, 09:29:16 pm »

Helix gave us it to honor the ones who fell attempting to complete the rocket maze, I'd say that honor could extend to the ledge as well considering its similarity in difficulty.
I thought it was accepted as canon that Democracy was a gift of the Dome?
Not as far as I'd read this morning.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 22, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »

I don't think there is an official canon, but from what I can gather the dome is meant to be for democracy, and the helix for anarchy... Also for some reason the false prophet is tied to democracy, even though everything that happened to do with that was during anarchy, I think it is just people lumping everything they dislike together into one big cluster-hate.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:55 pm »

I don't think there is an official canon, but from what I can gather the dome is meant to be for democracy, and the helix for anarchy... Also for some reason the false prophet is tied to democracy, even though everything that happened to do with that was during anarchy, I think it is just people lumping everything they dislike together into one big cluster-hate.
Indeed, the vocal majority of Helixists somehow decided that everything evil is dome and the dome is evil because they oh god I'm getting a headache too much real life in my religion/politics simulator.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

That moment when you realize TPP has canon..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2014, 09:35:53 pm »

It has canon, what happens on the screen. Anything related to the helix fossil being worship and almost all the fanart is non-canon.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 22, 2014, 09:38:37 pm »

It has canon, what happens on the screen. Anything related to the helix fossil being worship and almost all the fanart is non-canon.
Wrong. Any fanon that gets adopted by a large enough proportion of the viewers automatically becomes canon. In fact, TPP is almost entirely one huge amount of ascended fanon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2014, 09:43:17 pm »

Wrong. Any fanon that gets adopted by a large enough proportion of the viewers automatically becomes canon. In fact, TPP is almost entirely one huge amount of ascended fanon.
It then gets immediately argued back into fanon due to having four discrete reddits, at least 1 steam group, and the Twitch Plays Pokemon irc chat debate its truthiness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »

Emphasis on large enough. If there's still arguments about it (and it's not just some fringe group that wants its position to be accepted), it hasn't become canon yet.

Bird Jesus and the False Prophet, for instance, are very much canon (despite some alternative character interpretations).

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2014, 09:47:48 pm »

So pretty much how religious canon works?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2014, 09:48:49 pm »

^This guy gets it.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:56 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »

Someone, please explain to me why everyone is "worshipping" the helix fossil and hates Flareon.

Seriously, I just don't get it.

This is a lot bigger than I thought it would get, yesterday's xkcd comic referenced it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2014, 11:29:13 pm »

We're at the ledge again, there seems to be conflict over what the plan is.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:39 pm »

Oh wow, watching red get about half way across the ledge, only to jump, and then about 20 seconds later a flood of "democracy" votes is hilarious! Seriously guys, all you need to do is not type 'down', you have even done it before! I don't see how it is that difficult. Huehuehue.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 180