Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198130 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »

And so it begins. The Eevee's reign of terror.
Pidgeot is doomed. Eevee will cause us to release every single Pokemon, until all we have left is an unevolved Eevee.
Pray to the Mighty Helix that we don't screw up. But for Helix's sake WALKING is a monumental task, it won't be easy to deposit.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

At least it's only pokemon. Imagine if this was set to something like Legend of Zelda or Kirby.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2014, 10:48:17 pm »

OH GOD NO.

THEY'RE TRYING TO BUY A STONE.

EXACTLY WHY WE DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Worst part is, Firestone is first in the list, and Waterstone is last.

AND THEY JUST BOUGHT A POKEDOLL.

THEY CAN'T DO IT.

EDIT: OH NONONONO THEY JUST GOT A FIRESTONE.

Edit2: Wait...what? A savestate just happened. Bottom of screen said, "Wrote state1"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:50:45 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2014, 10:51:10 pm »

All dem pokedolls.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:33 pm »

People are fighting. They're trying to leave the store, but there's enough money for another stone, so people are trying to get them to go back for any other stone.

Also, the combined force of trolls + "heroes," will almost certainly prevent Eevee from evolving until money is gone or another stone is acquired.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:54:20 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2014, 10:53:01 pm »

OH GOD NO.

THEY CAN'T DO IT.

Edit2: Wait...what? A savestate just happened. Bottom of screen said, "Wrote state1"
It does that periodically. I would imagine that it's a safeguard for if it happens to crash.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:46 pm »

I immediately made the decision to draw this.

You know what would be even closer to impossible?

Final Fantasy 1.

I can barely picture the horror.

Oh god, what if they tried this with Dwarf Fortress. That would be absolutely impossible.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:47 pm »

twitch plays pokemon: an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2014, 10:56:23 pm »

Cursor games are imposss........DF doesn't need a cursor.

In the meantime, grab the most dramatic music you can find, because we're going to need it.

Edit: This just in, the comments have entered a tantrum spiral, making the game less comprehensive thank usual. Be a hero and spam b to ensure all menus are closed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:00:51 pm by Mageziya »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »

Poor Red couldn't take the pressure, his mind has shattered even more than it already was.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2014, 11:25:45 pm »

OH GOD NO.

THEY CAN'T DO IT.

It does that periodically. I would imagine that it's a safeguard for if it happens to crash.

Yup. Earlier on, the chat accidentally soft-reset the game, and I think they brought the game back with minimal losses thanks to admin save-state.
Also often called Boowells.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2014, 11:29:20 pm »

Dammit, RNG is stuck back in Cerulean. It'll be a while before it gets back to Vermillion, I reckon.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »

What is the statistical probability of the RNG bot using an HM (assuming one's even taught)? Let's find out!

Minimum sequential keypresses:

Start
Down (to Pokemon)
A (to Pokemon menu)
A (assuming the first Pokemon in the Party has, say, Cut)
A (use Cut)

Since each command has a 1/8 probability of being entered (Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, Start, Select), the probability of this happening is (1/8)^5. Approximately 0.003%. Now realize any menu navigation whatsoever becomes exponentially difficult if there's any deviation whatsoever (say, one Pokemon knows more than one usable ability or it's not taught to the first one etc.)

This is gonna be crazy. I predict the game ends before RNG even reaches Lt. Surge.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

The twitch stream is so conflicted that it has been on the same floor for roughly half an hour.

And they're spending money on lemonades, soon there will not be enough money for a stone. Hell, if a Pokedoll is accidentally bought, (Which there is a veeeeery high probability of happening.) all hope is lost.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »

I think leaving is the best option at this point.

EDIT: On a side note twitch is being fucking bombarded by us. We blindsided them with this pokemon thing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:01:12 am by Steelmagic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 180