Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109363 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Good Pace)
« Reply #1170 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

((Well, meat seems to be any nonbone cellular object in this case.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:52 pm »

Selina pales considerably, looking very distant for a few seconds. She then changes, a hot rage coming over her as she picks up M and proceeds to charge right towards Arendell. She sends a mass Crystal blast behind her to prevent following so she can get to a safe place, preferably near water, to treat M's injuries. Anyone who approaches Selina is getting crystal blasted at their feet.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 08, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »

(Does anyone here have magic that can do "figurative" stuff? When Elsa hurt her sister, she didn't hit her with an ice-ray, she set off some kind of symbolic process rather than freezing her blood in her veins, or causing frostbite. Basically, something happened to her due to getting hit with ice magic, rather than ice itself. But hydrogen, oil, and meat don't really sound like they'd cause "figurative" stuff to happen, they just seem like purely physical things. Light, Crystal, and Metal seem like they could do something figurative, but the others don't.)
They can all do that to some extent. Hell if I know what would happen if Kyle hit Selina in the heart with his magic, though. Probably horrible mutations until Selina just fell over.
...That was easy.

Anyways, yeah. Symbolic stuff is probably possible, but it wouldn't be easy to pull off. Easier to do a magical version of the literal element.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:14 pm »

(Symbolic stuff seems to be mostly accidental. The intent doesn't seem to matter, at least not for Elsa; she hits someone in the chest, she symbolically freezes their heart and slowly kills them. So it's not so much a matter of trying to make something symbolic happen, but rather symbolic stuff is what seems to happen when people get hit with undirected magic. If by difficult you meant from a writing/conceptual perspective, then it would seem so.

I suppose, depending on the element, it might not be bad things that happen. Getting hit in the heart with light could lift someone's spirits, making them "lighthearted." Perhaps getting hit in the heart, a big muscle and symbolically the center of fleshy life, with meat magic could actually make someone healthier, or more emotional. Crystal would probably still be pretty bad though.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

Dash around, checking who dead and who not. Drag the dead to one side, so the healers can focus on the living.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 08, 2014, 05:30:01 pm »

(Symbolic stuff seems to be mostly accidental. The intent doesn't seem to matter, at least not for Elsa; she hits someone in the chest, she symbolically freezes their heart and slowly kills them. So it's not so much a matter of trying to make something symbolic happen, but rather symbolic stuff is what seems to happen when people get hit with undirected magic. If by difficult you meant from a writing/conceptual perspective, then it would seem so.

I suppose, depending on the element, it might not be bad things that happen. Getting hit in the heart with light could lift someone's spirits, making them "lighthearted." Perhaps getting hit in the heart, a big muscle and symbolically the center of fleshy life, with meat magic could actually make someone healthier, or more emotional. Crystal would probably still be pretty bad though.)
Well, you have to remember that it wasn't so much "symbolic" freezing as "Anna turned into literal ice, slowly and defying the laws of biology (because magic)".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 08, 2014, 05:36:28 pm »

(Well, getting hit in the head gave her that stripe of white in her hair. And she turned to ice, instead of freezing solid, which is what I meant by ice-magic instead of a "freeze ray". However, it was still very symbolic. I doubt people would just turn into oil or hydrogen.

This all raises another question. Does anyone have the means to treat a headshot without the trolls present?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 08, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »

Well, again...magic. And who knows what would have happened if Pabbie hadn't cured her?

Heck if I know. Probably.

P.S. Retroactive spoiler alert.
For this game and most of the OOC conversations.
Sig

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 08, 2014, 06:39:56 pm »

(I think, when time comes for sorcerers to fight sorcerers, or if people FUBAR their rolls when casting near each other, the figurative stuff will be the most dangerous. Icemen? Icebergs? Fire and oil. But someone gets hit in the heart? Better hope someone loves you, either romantically or as if you were of their own family.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 08, 2014, 06:43:18 pm »

It would be something different depending on who hits you in the heart.
Good luck finding out what, though.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 09, 2014, 01:11:10 am »

Know what, time to go whole hog.

Can I channel a spell over multiple posts to get bonuses to my rolls? if so, channel for a turn.

Either at the next turn or if I can't:

Call up a field of hydrogen and sustain it. Instead of creating a single burst of it, create less of it in a controlled stream, whirling it around the ranks of the ice monsters, hopefully with our forces getting the fuck away by now. Hem them in, gradually adding more hydrogen in order to superheat the air where they're trying to... be, melting their frozen asses.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:51 am »

Kyle tries to help M as he runs.
Selina pales considerably, looking very distant for a few seconds. She then changes, a hot rage coming over her as she picks up M and proceeds to charge right towards Arendell. She sends a mass Crystal blast behind her to prevent following so she can get to a safe place, preferably near water, to treat M's injuries. Anyone who approaches Selina is getting crystal blasted at their feet.
[5+1v6-0.2-1=4]
Selina manages to get to M before Kyle does.
Power: [6] Carp.
Control: [1-0.2-1=-1] Triple carp.
Can't we get through one mission without Selina accidentally causing the apocalypse?
Alright. Selina creates a crystal blast, which sticks to the ground...and begins to spread, ever so slowly. She starts running again.

Put down the remaining giants using tactical halberd action.
Know what, time to go whole hog.
Can I channel a spell over multiple posts to get bonuses to my rolls? if so, channel for a turn.
Either at the next turn or if I can't:
Call up a field of hydrogen and sustain it. Instead of creating a single burst of it, create less of it in a controlled stream, whirling it around the ranks of the ice monsters, hopefully with our forces getting the fuck away by now. Hem them in, gradually adding more hydrogen in order to superheat the air where they're trying to... be, melting their frozen asses.

You can't. Sorry.
Anyways.
[5-0.3=4]
Logan strikes a few icemen, who begin attacking him. Before either can do much, though...
Power: [5]
Control: [4+1]
Angel creates a cloud of hydrogen around the icemen, carefully gathering it before letting some of it brush the flames creeping around the whole area. The whole bunch ignites, with a bang and enough heat that the last few near-dead icemen just fall over.
It would have been nice to start the battle with something like that, neh?

Dash around, checking who dead and who not. Drag the dead to one side, so the healers can focus on the living.
[1]
You fall asleep.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Again?!?)
« Reply #1182 on: April 09, 2014, 07:23:31 am »

"I think I know what time it is."

That's right, corpse counting time! Who's alive, who's dead? It's a mystery, but not for long! Let's count the corpses, take the nicer loot of the dead and be happy and singing about those melting icemen! Yes! Also check if that Finna lady is dead or not. Fingers crossed, people!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 09, 2014, 07:54:41 am »

Kyle digs up the crystal while it's small qnd then continues following Selina.
"What the hell lass! I was trying to help!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:22 am »

((...WHY!?!?))

Selina keeps running until she can find a place to bandage up M. More crystal blasts at people's feet if they to follow.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90