Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109236 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Thawed (Gods' Battle and Pile of Spae Metal Needed)
« Reply #1140 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:24 am »

So why do you hate Olaf?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Gods' Battle and Pile of Spae Metal Needed)
« Reply #1141 on: April 07, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »

Spoiler: Why I Hate Olaf (click to show/hide)
Is that a sufficient explanation?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Gods' Battle Still Needed)
« Reply #1142 on: April 07, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »

You're treating the movie as if it isn't full of stupid funny things. Like, why don't you complain about how funny the shop guy is? He didn't need to be, heck, he didn't even need to exist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:33 pm »

((He wasn't as annoying of a funny, though. He was more charming, and as it so happens he serves a purpose--bringing Anna and Cristof together--that no other character who we see or who would logically be in the movie could fulfill. Not to mention that in his few minutes onscreen, he got more-developed than Olaf did in the whole movie.
And you're taking one reason, stripping it of explanation, and using it to attack my whole explanation?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 07, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »

((There is no way that you can bring the funny types into this as they are not objective.
And no, he wasn't needed. If anything Cristoff and Anna could have just met in the woods and it wouldn't change the story much. And he didn't get developped at all. At least we could see facets of personality in Olaf. Also, just something I thought of not relating to this, the duke had all the development he needed for me to know he was a dick. He never even once tried to apologize after the entire thing and didn't think twice about killing someone.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 07, 2014, 01:16:26 pm »

((Oh, Olaf's the snowman guy. I can see how somebody might hate him from looks alone, really.

And really, guys, you have to argue about why somebody finds the adorable non-human sidekick terrible and annoying? It's one of the most basic viewer reactions I can possibly think of.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 07, 2014, 01:25:50 pm »

((There is no way that you can bring the funny types into this as they are not objective.
And no, he wasn't needed. If anything Cristoff and Anna could have just met in the woods and it wouldn't change the story much. And he didn't get developped at all. At least we could see facets of personality in Olaf. Also, just something I thought of not relating to this, the duke had all the development he needed for me to know he was a dick. He never even once tried to apologize after the entire thing and didn't think twice about killing someone.))
((...Dude. This whole thing is not objective. The point I'm explaining is "I don't like Olaf". "Like" is an entirely subjective term! How can you have a discussion on that subject and be objective at all?
It wouldn't have made sense, either. With a trading post, they at least have a reason to be at the same place. And yeah, he was developed. He was nice and considerate, but pragmatic and a bit touchy on having his honesty insulted. Olaf is...well...dumb, and nice. That's really about it.
The "someone" was a witch who froze everything. He was afraid. Sure, it wasn't wise, and it was probably a bit motivated by his bias, but it wasn't as horrible as you make it out to be. And as to the rest...yes, he was self-centered, but he had a couple of blink-and-you'll-miss-it background moments of showing sympathy for Anna. And hey--if he had happened to stop by the door at the sound of Anna moaning in pain, that would have been a great chance for an apology or something! But no, have Olaf. The Duke was a bit selfish and miserly, but he wasn't an irredeemable bastard, even from the little we see.))
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 08, 2014, 09:25:24 am »

((good god I've been busy.))

So, battle is a thing. Identify groups of enemy soldiers that aren't near our guys, people in the back giving orders and stuff.

Start generating a field of hydrogen gas around them, keeping it localized to their ranks.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 08, 2014, 09:27:02 am »

((Does this mean you can be more active? *excited puppy eyes*))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:10 am »

I can try.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:51 am »

((Yay!))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 08, 2014, 10:44:22 am »

Fire the hugest blast of oil I can at the icemen. Sound logic, right?
Yup.
Power: [2+1+0.4-1=3]
Control: [4-1+1+0.3-0.3=4]
You launch a fair-sized burst of oil towards the icemen. This gives away your position and makes the icemen--and some of the soldiers fighting them--slick with oil.

Kyle says standing to watch the snowmen. If he can do it at a range he tries to cause something bloody to happen to the humans on the other side.
You can sure try, but I can't promise that it'll work.
Power: [3+1+0.2=4]
Control: [5-1+0.2=5]
Hm. "Something bloody," eh? You kinda rip apart one of the enemy soldiers. The others don't notice, perhaps because other magics are more...unignorable. Flaming explosions tend to do that.

Selina gulps and decides to go with her plan. She quickly runs into the trees for about 10 feet and promptly throws up. After a few seconds of this, and trying to keep anyone away from her by saying she'll be okay, Selina runs into the trees further and gets M before running around the battle towards Arendell.
((Don't worry about spelling. I'm 10-15% sure I've been spelling it wrong all along.))
Selina runs...[6] and, checking the sun and remembering the direction Arendell is, runs more or less straight towards it.
She's stopped in her tracks by burning icemen.

Use concentrated light beams to blow off giant heads, legs, or combat limbs. If the range is extreme just go for torso shots.
Range isn't long enough to make it impossible to hit the extremities, but it isn't easy either.
And they aren't really "giant". Certainly, the limbs and such aren't.

Logan aims in preparation.
I'll assume you're readying an action to light the oil.
Power: [2+1-0.2=3]
Control: [2-1-0.2=1]
Aim: [6+1=7]
Your aim is true and your beam focused. It burns straight through the oil.
While none of you are aware of what's going on, the sheer energy is breaking the bonds in the hydrocarbons before they can react with the atmospheric oxygen. On one hand, this means the oil doesn't burn. On the other hand, you have a source of heat, some high-concentration hydrogen, and atmospheric oxygen. And now we get back to what you do know.
There is an explosion. Oil is scattered everywhere, some on fire, the rest catching quickly enough. Some lands on the icemen, some on the humans--on both sides. The bits of burning oil appear to be melting the icemen a bit, but only locally, and the humans are faring worse. If the explosion hadn't spread out the oil so far, it would have probably worked better.

Create bow and arrows. Arrows need hollow heads.
"Hey, anyone good at making things blow up?"
You all are. It's part of the package. (For the record, I typed that before rolling for the turn.)
Power: [1-0.2-1=0]
Ow. You get a headache, and you're not sure if that's from the explosion or the complete fizz.

((good god I've been busy.))
So, battle is a thing. Identify groups of enemy soldiers that aren't near our guys, people in the back giving orders and stuff.
Start generating a field of hydrogen gas around them, keeping it localized to their ranks.
Glad you're back. I was pretty darn close to just having the general community auto you.
Power: [3]
Control: [1+1]
Your attempts are interrupted by the fact that your hydrogen also explodes.

The good news: The enemy soldiers are incapacitated, the icemen are damaged, and it seems they're still focusing on the remaining allied soldiers. The bad news: You also hurt said allied soldiers, and the icemen aren't dying very fast. Oh, and Selina and a small child are at Ground Zero.
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Thawed (Boom)
« Reply #1152 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:30 am »

Oop. Ssss.. Hide under some snow. Enter the fray. Zap giants and use halberds on those that get too close, but try to avoid letting them close the distance.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:22:35 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 08, 2014, 10:51:36 am »

Kyle runs in the same direction as Selina.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 08, 2014, 11:11:47 am »

... Well.

... Know what, we have a job. Create bolts of Hydrogen, hook them through fire, and throw them at the icemen.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 90