Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225469 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1080 on: April 07, 2015, 12:44:37 am »

Ah, fair point. I didn't think of that. Well at any rate, I'll be hoping it uses UNCON.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 07, 2015, 12:57:48 am »

EXO pls. Xan needs a shanking weapon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 07, 2015, 01:02:04 am »

While I'm vomiting questionable ideas:

What about using a toxin sac to create normally synthetic fluids? For example, a sticky-goop producing sac on your neck, which you would attach to your chem thrower with a catheter.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 07, 2015, 01:02:37 am »

The throwing knife sounds more Uncon to me, but that might be me wanting explosive throwing knives.

EDIT: As for the organic sticky goop production idea, it would probably be easier to just carry ammo. However, it might also be feasible to make a goop organ that you can carry in box and feed with slurry to make goop and pipe into the thrower? The neck sac probably wouldn't produce much. If you don't mind a slow recharge, though...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:04:54 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 07, 2015, 01:06:17 am »

While I'm vomiting questionable ideas:

What about using a toxin sac to create normally synthetic fluids? For example, a sticky-goop producing sac on your neck, which you would attach to your chem thrower with a catheter.
Ask the Doc, he made Faith able to manufacture and secrete healing gel on a whim.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 07, 2015, 05:35:02 am »

The throwing knife sounds more Uncon to me, but that might be me wanting explosive throwing knives.
Likewise :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 08, 2015, 05:38:24 pm »

I'm fairly sure that what the doctor stuck poor Dern with was definitely not just projector ammo ( He survived ), seeing as the Doctor seemed to think something else might happen ( I failed some rolls ) and the effects of crystal infection are well known (cut it off or die).
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1087 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09:13 pm »

I have decided to call my drone design the "Corvid". I'm guessing that it'll have a similar aux requirement to the gunnerbot.

Please could somebody give me a pricecheck on the "Corvid"?

Spoiler: Corvid specs (click to show/hide)

I've just realised that I probably won't be able to actually use this yet. Oh well.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 11, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »

Some results from irc tinkering last night:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 11, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »

The tinker must flooooow~.

Spoiler: Hover Board (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hidden Garrote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Warning! (click to show/hide)

Both of these designs belong to Zayne, and are public.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:57:45 pm by Shaporia »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2015, 01:05:36 pm »

Hmm.

Quote from: About the laser bazooka
20:30   <Piecewise>: 10, 3 per shot.

Quote from: About the PEW
20:33   <SeanMirrsen>: The PEW is 12 token, 3 per 2 shots.

Quote from: About the PSL
costs 13 tokens, 4 per 30 shots.

:\

@Dutrius

I'd expect the corvid to cost... oh, eight tokens?  Five for the Spektr, two for flight, and one for a wetware AI.  Seven if it can get a discount on the Spektr.  Removing the overcharge ability is essentially pointless, IIRC, because the overcharge is a feature of the mechanism, just like the variable wavelength, and increased power efficiency.  Remove one, lose them all, or gain nothing.  I'm not a councilperson though, so price isn't my decision

Also the Spektr is horribly heavy.  Like sixty pounds.  Maybe not the best choice for a flyer.

@Shap

It somewhat distresses me that we're starting to get more and more tinkerers who stealth-tinker in IRC and have no logs to prove it.  Having done similar things in the past, this would make it very easy to have PW 'okay' things without actually okaying it; Modify some part of the design a bit, and don't mention it to PW until a few weeks later when he's forgotten and will accept a "yes, you okayed this".  I guess even if we did take all IRC logs they could still be tampered with, but it's not as easy.

Anyway, the hover board, while seeming quite silly, is a fairly decent item.  I'd like to see it replace the jump rocket pack since it's basically just completely better for only one more token.  Also, I think it should probably require at least +0 auxiliary, like the other flying rocket devices.  I don't see why a balancing board with eight rockets is any easier to operate than a jetpack with two.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 12, 2015, 01:08:53 pm »

:\

Yeah, I'm not sure about the price per shot as well. I'll write it up later, and then see what you guys and the rest of the council thinks. What would you think is a reasonable price? 1 per shot might be a tad low, but 2 is still pricey compared to those 2 you showed. Then again, maybe this thing is more powerful than we thought (eg actually reliably oneshotting a battlesuit) and worth the cost.

If it really becomes too expensive (or overlaps too much with PEW), I might change it to be usable by regular person and lower it in power and price.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:11:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 12, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »

@Shap
Anyway, the hover board, while seeming quite silly, is a fairly decent item.  I'd like to see it replace the jump rocket pack since it's basically just completely better for only one more token.  Also, I think it should probably require at least +0 auxiliary, like the other flying rocket devices.  I don't see why a balancing board with eight rockets is any easier to operate than a jetpack with two.

I think it's because the jetpack has gimbals that you can control through an interface, while the hoverboard has no gimbals and the eight rockets on the bottom are controlled by the electronics as one. The only interface is with the feet which primary makes it use your reaction time. I'll confirm it on the ship thread by having Zayne hop into VR and design it too.

Edit: I don't have the logs from when I was designing it, but we are discussing it on IRC right now. http://mibpaste.com/SgnpOE Piecewise also mentioned why it doesn't use Aux in this one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:24:44 pm by Shaporia »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1093 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:54 pm »

I'd expect the corvid to cost... oh, eight tokens?  Five for the Spektr, two for flight, and one for a wetware AI.  Seven if it can get a discount on the Spektr.  Removing the overcharge ability is essentially pointless, IIRC, because the overcharge is a feature of the mechanism, just like the variable wavelength, and increased power efficiency.  Remove one, lose them all, or gain nothing.  I'm not a councilperson though, so price isn't my decision

Also the Spektr is horribly heavy.  Like sixty pounds.  Maybe not the best choice for a flyer.

Alright, sounds good to me. I need to go on a couple of missions anyway to get the aux requirement if I want to use the thing, assuming the aux requirement is +2 like the Gunnerbot. The cost isn't much of an issue if I survive those missions. The overcharge can stay, if it's part of the Spektr. I want to keep the Spektr on the Corvid so I can occasionally use it as a high powered laser pointer if nothing else.

I suppose it could come in two versions, one with a Spektr, for the stuff a Spektr can do that a normal laser can not, and another with just a basic laser rifle, for a lighter, more mobile drone.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:35:36 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 12, 2015, 01:31:30 pm »

@Radio

I don't think 1 token per shot is too little.  The Raduga costs 11, one more than this, and has infinite ammo; It will always be better for anything that doesn't require a super powerful single shot.  In fact, I think it would still be kinda inferior to the others.  If you only ever kill three battlesuits with it, you've saved one token by not having to buy a PSL.  And you've lost all the other advantages of a PSL.

I think it would actually be better to price it around six tokens, and have it be a burner; It's something cheap that people can buy 'just in case' when a PSL or PEW is way outside their price range.  It would also work well as sod equipment.

(Note that this is all from a 'balance' standpoint; IIRC, PW has said that battlesuits are near immune to lasers.)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 127