Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Knock out is an Understatement  (Read 36817 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Toaster Vs Piecewise: ommmmmm ommmmmm
« Reply #270 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SQUAH IN DA NUTS

Or not.

5 Ki kick flip to the face!  Kick him through a convenient wall!

Systar leaps into the air, trying for another flying roundhouse kick, but Ivan catches his leg and slams him to ground before putting him in a leg lock.

"Do you submit now, little man?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:43 pm »

"Not this time, big boy!"

Grab a hunk of ground out and bash Ivan over the head with it.  6 ki because that's hard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2014, 10:37:51 pm »

I'm a little confused. Why did Ivan get a +1for ki usage but Systar didn't?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:09 pm »

He has the Ki usage skill and I don't.  The +1 comes from the skill, not from the ki itself.  I'm at a disadvantage because he disarmed me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2014, 12:11:44 am »

Grab a hunk of ground out and bash Ivan over the head with it.  6 ki because that's hard.
I should probably have explained the actual positioning better.

You're face down, with ivan holding your right ankle and twisting your leg as though trying to plant the sole of your foot between your shoulder blades. Throwing things at him is gonna be pretty impossible from your position.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2014, 08:56:02 am »

Okay, that makes sense.  Let's fix that.

Push down with all my 6 ki might.  Either I flip him backwards or we go through the ground.

That make sense?  Face down means I can basically do a push-up, which should either flip him up backwards and unpin me, or push through the floor and start us heading down, which should also get me a chance to get out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:03 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.  Let's fix that.

Push down with all my 6 ki might.  Either I flip him backwards or we go through the ground.

That make sense?  Face down means I can basically do a push-up, which should either flip him up backwards and unpin me, or push through the floor and start us heading down, which should also get me a chance to get out.

The two combatants struggle against each other; systar trying to escape and ivan attempting to twist systar's leg into unnatural shapes. But neither can over power the other, and their struggling does nothing more the crack the concrete under them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2014, 12:15:24 pm »

This is a battle of attrition I can't really win... but it's that or give up.

Again!  7 ki this time!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2014, 07:54:58 pm »

This is a battle of attrition I can't really win... but it's that or give up.

Again!  7 ki this time!

You manage to do a combination of throw Ivan off you and punch yourself straight down through the ceiling. You don't think you hurt Ivan, but you feel like you flung him a good few hundred feet. You've found yourself in what appears to be a stock room, just a bunch of metal shelves with boxes on them. Hm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »

1-ki sense my Cleaver and go get it dammit!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »

1-ki sense my Cleaver and go get it dammit!

You try and focus on the location of your weapon, but you can't figure out where it is.

"This is fun, little man" You hear a distant voice, "But we should end this soon."

You can hear something heavy land back on the roof.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »

For the real thing, some way to gauge the requirements of an action would be helpful.  Oh well.

"You can give up any time you please!"

Grab a piece of rebar or anything that can be weaponized.  If attacked, counter by throwing him off the building (4 ki throw)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2014, 07:38:00 am »

For the real thing, some way to gauge the requirements of an action would be helpful.  Oh well.

"You can give up any time you please!"

Grab a piece of rebar or anything that can be weaponized.  If attacked, counter by throwing him off the building (4 ki throw)
Yeah...Yeah, I'll post the charts with the difficulty stuff for the real thing. I might just make another pdf with all da rules and stuff. Would be easier.

You tear one of the metal posts off the shelving units near you and wield it like the crude cudgel that it is. Ivan walks over to the edge of the hole and looks down at you.

"Come on. You going to hit me with stick? You want weapon back. Go get it. I'll wait. Better to end sooner then later."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2014, 10:24:39 am »

"Come along then!"

Go follow the cleaver and look for it.  Ideally going down elevator muzak style.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2014, 12:10:56 pm »

"Come along then!"

Go follow the cleaver and look for it.  Ideally going down elevator muzak style.
You ride the elevator down to street level and find your cleaver buried several inches deep in the asphalt. You pry it out and then head back to the elevator. You're about halfway back up when something thunks down on top of the elevator car.

"Are we ready, little man?"

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23