Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497060 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32430 on: September 11, 2016, 01:17:32 am »

Will I be able to piss acid and crap C4? Cause that could be fun
The Alien movies would be so different if they did those things...
not really. they already bleed superacid and crapping c4 wold be pretty mild without a detonator along with it.
The first alien movie might have been resolved a little quicker, and the remaining ones might have had a slightly different gore count, but over all the changes seem like they would be rather minor to me.

unless you meant that the marines and other protagonists could do those things.
I mean, maybe bishop already did though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32431 on: September 11, 2016, 10:25:21 am »

I've actually been thinking about this a fair bit.

It wouldn't be pure perplexicon because, well, if I gave you a fire pancreas what the hell would you do with it?

My idea of how it would work is like this:

You'd have 5 "lines", your arms, legs and body. So Upper arm+lower arm+hand, Upper leg+lower leg+foot, and Gut+chest+head. Combinations of these parts make up the end effect, and the more distal the part, the greater the effect.

Lets look specifically at the arm.

Arm has the Hand, the forearm and the upper arm. Hand is most distal so it has the greatest influence on the over all end effect. Forearm is middle, so it would determine more the nature or makeup of the effect, and the upper arm would give an attribute or passive additional effect. 

Now, assume we have the arm of a Flesh Monger, a type of animate skeleton that tears the flesh off of living things to affix on its bones and make itself stronger. This critter has the attributes "Drain" "Flesh" and "Parasite"

If I take the creature's hand and replace my own with it, it gives me the ability to do a drain attack, dealing continuous damage so long as I keep hold of the enemy.

If I take the forearm, it gives me the element of flesh. On its own this doesn't really do anything, but combined with other hand abilities it will use or give mastery over flesh. If I were to take the hand and forearm of the Flesh Monger, it would give me a drain attack that specifically tore away at flesh, dealing a lot more damage to organic things.

If I take the upper arm, it has the attribute "Parasite", which again does nothing on its own, but it will make attacks using that arm parasitic, restoring me as I hit with them. And this can include just normal melee attacks.  And if I combine ALL the parts, taking the whole arm, I get an effect where I can grab a living thing, drain the flesh off it, and restore myself by doing so.

Aside from these powers, parts can also confer general stat bonuses. So, if I didn't like any of those abilities that the arm had, I could have just taken the parts and slotted them as "Stat" parts, giving me +1's in various stats. Or more realistically, +1/3rds or something, since each part giving +1 might become rapidly OP.

ALSO, This system allows for leveling up via cannibalism. Specifically, in order to level up a stat, you have to eat enough parts that have that stat as their "Boost", ie the stat that would be added to if you used them on your own body.

Replace the "Faith" stat with "Humanity", have it drain humanity to use active abilities, have you regain humanity points based on how many human parts you still have.

As people get deeper in and kill more creatures, it unlocks a book full of demon parts to choose at spawn instead of having to gather as you go though.

Be a lost soul in ORO! Murder your way through hell to try and escape! Cannibalize demons! Steal their parts! Just make sure not to become a demon in the process!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32432 on: September 11, 2016, 11:31:49 am »

Yes. This please. I'll start rounding up the hobos for the sacrifice to RNGesus.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32433 on: September 11, 2016, 11:34:26 am »

You could scale up to d12 to add +1s to. Or even a d20. Just so you don't have to mess around with +1/3 bonuses.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32434 on: September 11, 2016, 11:37:07 am »

Sounds like fun.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32435 on: September 11, 2016, 11:41:59 am »

You could scale up to d12 to add +1s to. Or even a d20. Just so you don't have to mess around with +1/3 bonuses.
Yeah, that could work. I do have a hatred of fractions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32436 on: September 11, 2016, 11:47:15 am »

Sounds really cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32437 on: September 11, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »

Yeah, that could work. I do have a hatred of fractions.
*hisses and scuttles underneath a cabinet*

This certainly seems fun as all hell.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32438 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »

That looks pretty great, actually. Definitely something I'd enjoy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32439 on: September 11, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »

And the powers of the nonaltered humans?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32440 on: September 11, 2016, 01:40:28 pm »

As people get deeper in and kill more creatures, it unlocks a book full of demon parts to choose at spawn instead of having to gather as you go though.
Alarms with "syv" written on them began to flash when I heard this bit. Otherwise, love it!
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32441 on: September 11, 2016, 02:06:46 pm »

I see no reason why we should have to balance our games around the one massive munchkin. Let him have his fun, doing his syvy thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32442 on: September 11, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »

oh hey, stupid question: How does one replace their head, exactly?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32443 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »

Very carefully.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32444 on: September 11, 2016, 02:28:27 pm »

oh hey, stupid question: How does one replace their head, exactly?

Null has already answered this one.

"Don't second guess magic."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:31:53 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 2205