Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491482 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30075 on: April 10, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »

SCP-682's a rather sad SCP, when you think about it.  682 is fully intelligent, capable of feeling pain, fear, even happiness--but most of the time it just feels anger and hate.  That anger and hate is fairly justified at this point, as humans have captured it and continually subject it to horrifyingly terrible tortures, none of which can quite kill it.  So, it's relegated to an eternity of sitting in a continual acid bath, only broken up by intense torture sessions and the occasional temporarily security breach when it can get a small amount of revenge.  It has basically no hope of ever being freed, not even by death.  Instead, it can only wait through the agony, as the Foundation's attempts on its life inexorably grow more painful, and security is strengthened, making the rare escapes--probably the only thing 682 can derive happiness from--more infrequent and temporary.

I bet the Foundation will eventually find some horrible weapon which derives power from suffering, and when hooked up to 682 it'll end up being more powerful than anything else they have.  Of course, the only thing they'd need that power for would be killing 682, and things just spiral downwards at that point.  They'd have a gun which hurts more the more it hurts, and shoot it at something which has an infinite capacity for being hurt.

It would probably be resolved within a day, through [DATA EXPUNGED] only ███7 casualties.
Of course, the Foundation has a pretty good reason to contain it since it happens to be compelled to destroy all human life and more because of how alien it is to 682. Only reason they keep trying to kill him. Well, that and the fact that they can't get him back home without running a risk of more than one coming back or something worse coming.

Shoot it into the sun.

Or just space in general. I mean, even if it doesn't die, who gives a shit. Better yet, shoot it to mercury. That place has an acidic, superheated and super compressed atmosphere.  If it can't get out of a tank of mundane hydrochloric acid, then it ain't getting off a planet where the shit rains from the sky.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30076 on: April 10, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

P-dubz would make a great scp foundation leader
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30077 on: April 10, 2016, 03:09:36 pm »

I think the problem then becomes containing it and transporting it to whatever launch vehicle you're using without it escaping. Though I don't remember if it has any powers beyond unnatural strength, speed and healing, so encasing it in lead or concrete or tossing it into a decent trash compactor and closing the lid might also do the trick.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30078 on: April 10, 2016, 03:14:36 pm »

I think the problem then becomes containing it and transporting it to whatever launch vehicle you're using without it escaping. Though I don't remember if it has any powers beyond unnatural strength, speed and healing, so encasing it in lead or concrete or tossing it into a decent trash compactor and closing the lid might also do the trick.
Yeah, submerge it in molten tungsten carbide, then fire the resulting Han Solo style prison into space.

That or some good ClF3. Lets see it pull useful organic compounds out of toxic gas thats on fire.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30079 on: April 10, 2016, 03:30:19 pm »

Yeah, submerge it in molten tungsten carbide, then fire the resulting Han Solo style prison into space.

That or some good ClF3. Lets see it pull useful organic compounds out of toxic gas thats on fire.
Is there any problem CLF3 can't solve?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30080 on: April 10, 2016, 03:36:19 pm »

Not very many.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30081 on: April 10, 2016, 04:03:32 pm »

Not very many.
1. How am I gonna keep this priceless family heirloom from being damaged?
2.How do I prevent myself from being on fire?
3.What is the best way to wash the car?

That last one is questionable.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30082 on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:56 pm »

1. How am I gonna keep this priceless family heirloom from being damaged? -destroy everything around it that poses a risk to it
2.How do I prevent myself from being on fire? -can't catch on fire if there's nothing to burn
3.What is the best way to wash the car? -It'll realllyyyy clean that dirt off
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30083 on: April 10, 2016, 04:17:45 pm »

you keep yourself from being on fire by using ClF3 to kill the guy with a flamethrower.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30084 on: April 10, 2016, 05:38:56 pm »

You can't be on fire if you've already been burnt.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30085 on: April 10, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »

Untrue. Observe charcoal.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30086 on: April 10, 2016, 06:29:32 pm »

Untrue. Observe charcoal.
My attempts this morning to light a charcoal gril bring that into question.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30087 on: April 10, 2016, 07:32:36 pm »

FOOF, for when Clf3 wasn't reactive enough.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30088 on: April 10, 2016, 08:54:59 pm »

FOOF, it does just what it says on the box.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30089 on: April 10, 2016, 09:03:09 pm »

Let's mix the two and throw them into a chem thrower! Best chemicak cocktale ever! Needs a cherry though.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 ... 2205