Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491538 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30060 on: April 09, 2016, 09:07:52 pm »

I'm most certainly not one to stop someone from injecting strange substances into themselves for little to no reason! Just don't fuck up too badly or I'll take more of your limbs.
what if his limbs become crystals? Based off how it is he'll end up in  a fight with you as you absorb each other...last thing we need is some borderline stan thing.

unless that's our plan to scare the civilians into submission
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30061 on: April 09, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »

I'm most certainly not one to stop someone from injecting strange substances into themselves for little to no reason! Just don't fuck up too badly or I'll take more of your limbs.
what if his limbs become crystals? Based off how it is he'll end up in  a fight with you as you absorb each other...last thing we need is some borderline stan thing.

It's like how the they contain SCP 682 he absorbs the acid as fast as the acid dissolves him.
Only in this case it would be the crystal horror absorbs the fleshhorror as fast the fleshhorror can dissasemble him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 09:18:43 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30062 on: April 09, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »

It's like how the they contain SCP 682 he absorbs the acid as fast as the acid dissolves him.
Only in this case it would be the crystal horror absorbs the fleshhorror as fast the fleshhorror can dissasemble him.
Actually I was thinking when SCP 682 was infected with the crystal that absorbs its host. if I remember correctly it absorbed about 50% of him, stopped, caused him lot's of pain, and then exploded.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30063 on: April 09, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »

I will admit that exploding seems to be the more likely scenario but there's always hope.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:15:37 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30064 on: April 09, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »

SCP-682's a rather sad SCP, when you think about it.  682 is fully intelligent, capable of feeling pain, fear, even happiness--but most of the time it just feels anger and hate.  That anger and hate is fairly justified at this point, as humans have captured it and continually subject it to horrifyingly terrible tortures, none of which can quite kill it.  So, it's relegated to an eternity of sitting in a continual acid bath, only broken up by intense torture sessions and the occasional temporarily security breach when it can get a small amount of revenge.  It has basically no hope of ever being freed, not even by death.  Instead, it can only wait through the agony, as the Foundation's attempts on its life inexorably grow more painful, and security is strengthened, making the rare escapes--probably the only thing 682 can derive happiness from--more infrequent and temporary.

I bet the Foundation will eventually find some horrible weapon which derives power from suffering, and when hooked up to 682 it'll end up being more powerful than anything else they have.  Of course, the only thing they'd need that power for would be killing 682, and things just spiral downwards at that point.  They'd have a gun which hurts more the more it hurts, and shoot it at something which has an infinite capacity for being hurt.

It would probably be resolved within a day, through [DATA EXPUNGED] only ███7 casualties.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30065 on: April 09, 2016, 09:58:58 pm »

Wouldn't that quickly produce a paradox?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30066 on: April 09, 2016, 10:06:54 pm »

I was thinking I was going to have to pay people to do things I want them to do for/with me in the future, but this is a much better alternative.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30067 on: April 09, 2016, 10:08:49 pm »

God i don't know whether Abigail has made a really really stupid decision or a semi smart one...
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30068 on: April 09, 2016, 10:12:06 pm »

God i don't know whether Abigail has made a really really stupid decision or a semi smart one...
I hope I helped you make a smart one, though if anything does happen, I can call on the CSU. Even if it is against one of the group's member...guess he'll really get a jury of his peers then.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30069 on: April 09, 2016, 10:12:53 pm »

yes
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30070 on: April 09, 2016, 10:12:58 pm »

SCP-682's a rather sad SCP, when you think about it.  682 is fully intelligent, capable of feeling pain, fear, even happiness--but most of the time it just feels anger and hate.  That anger and hate is fairly justified at this point, as humans have captured it and continually subject it to horrifyingly terrible tortures, none of which can quite kill it.  So, it's relegated to an eternity of sitting in a continual acid bath, only broken up by intense torture sessions and the occasional temporarily security breach when it can get a small amount of revenge.  It has basically no hope of ever being freed, not even by death.  Instead, it can only wait through the agony, as the Foundation's attempts on its life inexorably grow more painful, and security is strengthened, making the rare escapes--probably the only thing 682 can derive happiness from--more infrequent and temporary.

I bet the Foundation will eventually find some horrible weapon which derives power from suffering, and when hooked up to 682 it'll end up being more powerful than anything else they have.  Of course, the only thing they'd need that power for would be killing 682, and things just spiral downwards at that point.  They'd have a gun which hurts more the more it hurts, and shoot it at something which has an infinite capacity for being hurt.

It would probably be resolved within a day, through [DATA EXPUNGED] only ███7 casualties.
The thing that always disappointed me about SCP 682 is that it's number of containment breaches always seemed absurdly low. I always thought that it would be more interesting if instead of being contained in an acid bath, which always stuck me as unlikely considering it seems to be able to make itself immune to everything else, it was instead contained by the Foundation having to almost have a war with it. Then it would make more sense to try to kill it since it costs them so many resources, instead of leaving it in the one thing that is most effective at containing it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30071 on: April 10, 2016, 03:37:30 am »

Of course, the Foundation has a pretty good reason to contain it since it happens to be compelled to destroy all human life and more because of how alien it is to 682. Only reason they keep trying to kill him. Well, that and the fact that they can't get him back home without running a risk of more than one coming back or something worse coming.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30072 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:01 am »

Hey p-dubs how much would it cost for my mk2 multirole to be made to look like a long sword with the trigger place on the cross guard protected by a ring around it, that way the sword can be weilded in a rogue's grip and fired while swung. The pommel could be modified into a shoulder rest
Something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/32/ce/bb32ce63bfbf2774535af47bf8b9f8cf.jpg
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30074 on: April 10, 2016, 02:50:13 pm »

Oh, okay, thought it was more  closer to a cutlas that can fold out into a stock and such, oh well then. My bad.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 2205