Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490449 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29055 on: February 29, 2016, 06:01:10 pm »

Something with more weapons/abilities/magic/entities in the style of Comrade Dmitri. Just Dmitri all day everyday.
"Piecewise's Bizarre Adventure: Idiots In Space"
Yep. Or some horrible combination with the Poison/Intoxicated system. "Id: Like Persona, but with Drugs".
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29056 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »

I am surprised and overjoyed that "completely different game" is currently winning, and doubly so considering that the only other games mentioned in this thread have been MMWW, and Mainspring with MMWW's mechanics!

I'll miss ER if we get MMWW, but I'll finally stop missing Perplexicon. *tears of joy*

...Also, has anyone else forwarded Radio's PM to the supervets?  I'd do so, probably with an added note that MMWW is amazing, but I don't want to spam the people who can decimate cities.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29057 on: February 29, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

No unduly influencing of the electorate please! This is statistics, not politics.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29058 on: February 29, 2016, 06:48:28 pm »

What's MMWW stand for again?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29059 on: February 29, 2016, 06:48:39 pm »

Do we need to be a wizard to play MMWW?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29060 on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:38 pm »

What's MMWW stand for again?
Mad Max With Wizards.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29061 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »

Assuming no changes to the setting, a Mage Breaker, is also an option.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29062 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:41 pm »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29063 on: February 29, 2016, 06:54:14 pm »

At the University they used to say that Magic is the perfect force, below and above all others, simultaneously greater and lesser then heat and light and kinetic energy and all other manifestations   of power. All things spring from it yet are under it's sway, and mastery of it grants mastery of all things. It bound our society together just as it held the world in place; it powered our machines and healed our sick, replaced the chisels and brushes of our artists, and even the lowest beggar could summon a flame to keep himself warm. And so our cities rose, endless forests of marble columns and domed roofs, Prismatic furnaces and Thaumic forges burning with prismatic flame from dawn to dusk, slivered streets gleaming like liquid mercury beneath the purple flame of constantly burning etherlamps. We flourished in that utopia, thinking ourselves invincible as we weaved stone and steel with careless abandon, as our leaders grew to become demigods, as we siphoned limitless power from the ether.

But it was not to last.

The power which we always believed infinite, which we took for granted as much as the air we breathed, began to wane. And as it vanished, as we tore greedily at the air and stone, bled power from the life of our livestock and fought bitterly for those few wellsprings of magic that yet existed, our society fell. Gone are the street performers, the summoners who conjured life for the amusement of children, replaced with Starved Magi who tear magic from their own bodies. Gone are the artists who formed the mosaics and statues of our grand cities, replaced by the Blood Skimmers, who drink the souls of animals and men to power themselves.  Gone are the arcane machines and boundless factories, replaced by coal and mainspring and the clumsy emulation of our past. Our leaders hide within their crumbling palaces like forgotten gods in empty temples, their power slowly fading and their actions growing desperate. Our armies expend the last of their arcane force against each other and become nothing but wild brutes in iron plate.  And now the university, what little of it remains, speaks of magic in the passed tense, with awe and bitterness at what we once had.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29064 on: February 29, 2016, 06:56:39 pm »

Sounds neat, I'm really not sure what I'd like more to be honest. So long as I can play and not have to worry about getting on a giant waitlist when I die I'll be happy with whatever though.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29065 on: February 29, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »

I dunno, maybe MMWW, except it turns out the spent magical power is coalescing into numerous marauding Comrade Dmitris :P

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29066 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »

Turns out MMWW is actually on one of the planets we colonize at the end of ER and there's an ancient golem wearing a shiny mask wandering around, conversing about silly things and remembering the good old days with a floating military man.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29067 on: February 29, 2016, 07:09:59 pm »

Assuming no changes to the setting, a Mage Breaker, is also an option.
Is any WWE wrestler a good base for one?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29068 on: February 29, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »

Magic is a limited resource. Having it makes you extremely dangerous, even if you don't use it, because simply having it in your body increases your stats.

The society this takes place in is basically in rapid decline because it used magic for everything and now there's little left. Kinda Mad Max, but with wizards.

Out of this spawn several groups of the magically inclined who are trying to empower themselves and control the city.

The groups are fairly diverse and are broken up by how they get magic and by how they use it. The starved magi are gluttons who stuff themselves in order to convert their own fat and flesh into magic and some aren't above cannibalism. Bloodskimmers suck magic from living things, using sacrifices to empower themselves. Expect them to be carrying bags of rodents as ammunition, of sorts.  Or the Artificers, remnants of the magical engineers guild, who build arcane machines and weaponry to battle their foes. Or then there's the outer group, what amounts to the police, the Mage Breakers, who have no magical abilities but counter with government issued anti-magic gear.

The actual map would be broken up into a few dozen sectors or areas, each with an important landmark or 3 to hold. Each sector would give the controlling party access to certain things and the territories could be fought over, won and lost.

Combine this with a system of exploring beyond the city to gather magical artifacts, researching, and slowly mastering magics. A much more strategic, open worldy, scorched earth campaign sorta deal. 
I suppose it depends on what the gear in question actually is.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29069 on: February 29, 2016, 07:26:28 pm »

hell yes
Pages: 1 ... 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 ... 2205