Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1806 1807 [1808] 1809 1810 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490845 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27105 on: January 22, 2016, 01:19:58 pm »

Who are we waiting on in the trial thread, once again? Radio Controlled (for more questions) and Swordsmith04 (for some additional answers)? I almost feel bad for slowing the proceedings down with Maurice's question...
Dorsidwarf.

According to Milno, we're waiting for Hasala to answer maurice's questions first
I'm correct now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27106 on: January 22, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »

Who are we waiting on in the trial thread, once again? Radio Controlled (for more questions) and Swordsmith04 (for some additional answers)? I almost feel bad for slowing the proceedings down with Maurice's question...
Dorsidwarf.

According to Milno, we're waiting for Hasala to answer maurice's questions first
I'm correct now.
You know what they say... Even a stopped clock is worth two in the Bush.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27107 on: January 22, 2016, 01:50:19 pm »

Dorsidwarf.

I'm correct now.
You know what they say... Even a stopped clock is worth two in the Bush.

I thought it was a stopped bird is worth two black pots in nine bushes?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27108 on: January 22, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »

Aaand, it's Caellath's turn again. Or RC's, I guess.

(FYC: The remaining mission team members, apart from Ulrich and Maurice, are: Pancaek Nilys (Pancaek), Han Thren (Doomblade187), Konrad Curtz (Corsair). )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #27109 on: January 22, 2016, 03:10:19 pm »

Hmm, from the testimony it really doesn't seem that Maurice did anything egregiously improper...  I hope he doesn't get a harsh sentence.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:12:44 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27110 on: January 22, 2016, 03:12:40 pm »

Sy is now in charge of Tinker on a provisional basis. I'm obviously still in the loop if I'm needed, but he seems much more willing to really get into the nitty gritty with you guys so I want to give this a try. We'll let it run for a few weeks and then see what the consensus is.

Heh, that was unexpected, here's hoping it'll work out. Another step on the road to making a distributed pw simulation engine.

I'm starting to get the impression that staying away from most people on this ship might not be such a bad idea.

((Well, being careful near everyone can make your char life easier))

It seems everything either wants you dead now, or alive so they can experiment on or use you later.

In other news, team divisions are done. I tried to divide based on equipment and skills, and tried to balance the teams a bit, but I didn't have the time to do an extremely detailed analysis, so this might very well emulate a vacuum cleaner. That said, if you want to switch to another team (within your skill level group, mind) that's ok, but make sure you find someone to switch with, so the teams have an equal amount of people. If teams end up lacking certain skills due to this though, don't look at me! If more people join up, they can join whatever team untill there's too many, then we branch them off into a new one.
The team names are provisional, change them if your team wants to. Team leaders (first name on lists) are also just suggestions, you can decide within your own team who does it, or even if you go without.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #27111 on: January 22, 2016, 03:14:26 pm »

I think Abstract requested to be on the same team as TheBiggerFish.  Maybe switch Tommy and Abigail?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:16:26 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27112 on: January 22, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »

I think Abstract requested to be on the same team as TheBiggerFish

Sorry, must've missed that. But I'm sure they can find someone on either team that's willing to switch, so that shouldn't be too big a problem, just edit it on the wiki once decided.

Also, team fund equipment allocation (if any) will be handled after missions briefings.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27113 on: January 22, 2016, 03:30:03 pm »

I'm cool with switching Tommy and Abigail.

Btw, is it good luck to name our teams after disasters? :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27114 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »

Ah, right. I also have a duty to fulfil!.. ...Yeah, both newbie teams have a +2 medic each, and vets/ultra-vets basically have no medics (as if they'd need any). Equipment would be distributed later, you say... as if the Medic fund had any 'kits to give out (Tek died a hero with the last one of those).  :-\

That said, I have a feeling that not all people who might want to participate have volunteered yet. There is a distinct lack of certain (fairly active) people from M21 that are, presumably, waiting for the end of the trial (and no, I am not talking about Maurice), for example. And then I think Xan was considering joining, but for some reason hasn't volunteered yet; etc.

Edit: Wait, nope-nope-nope! Could it be someone else than Tommy? That'd mean one team would have two +2 medics, and the other just one +1 - *puts on an air of professional respectability* in my expert opinion , I would recommend avoiding that.

(But seriously, let's not put all the medics in one team. Unless the missions would vary greatly, but even then as well.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27115 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:32 pm »

I'm cool with switching Tommy and Abigail.

Btw, is it good luck to name our teams after disasters? :p
Of course, it might combine with our natural tendency for causing disasters and even out into perfect tranquility.

EDIT: yes, I intentionally distributed the +2 medics around. I can't put medics in teams where there are none available though (but yeah, they need them the least). Team fund can take care of medical supplies. I know more people will invariably join in, but if I waited until every possible candidate had announced it we'd all die of old age before we get to leave.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:38:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Nunzillor

« Reply #27116 on: January 22, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »

Quote from: wiki
Summary:‎Medical Supplies Fund: Last Medkit was destroyed on M22 with Tek.
Sorry!!

Yeah, you're probably right about the medics...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27117 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:13 pm »

I might also want to join a Veteran team if I get back in time. Never really saw the need to rush mission prep anyway.
Also, once Miya gives his Green Storm briefing, you can officially blame Steve for the loss of that medkit. :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27118 on: January 22, 2016, 03:39:53 pm »

Less 'rush' and more 'need to get things moving at any sort of pace'. And it helps, for example simply posting the mission rosters will often shake awake those not paying attention to make them actually sign up!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27119 on: January 22, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »

I seem to remember Renen volunteering but don't see him on that list.

Edit:
He only asked what team to go on, never actually volunteered. We should remind him.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1806 1807 [1808] 1809 1810 ... 2205